Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

srt4 amount to an evo??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep it on the track and good luck

traction > srt4.

the srt4 is a fast car for little money......if it weren't fwd.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Stock specs say an SRT-4 has 230hp. It's not unreasonable to be able to add another 170hp for around 3 grand $$... but that assumes you're putting all $$ towards power mods, nothing else (like better brakes, driveline mods, tires, gauges etc.)

HOWEVER

then beating a GT35R equipped evo? I don't think so. take him to the track and show him... if you really want to embarass him head over to a road race track... he just won't be able to put the power down.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

in a modified mag if im correct i saw a man that did 500whp on an srt4 with 5gs so its questionable at best.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by GT35REVO8
this guy i heard about said it only took him 3Gs to get over 400hp in his srt4,i dont see it happening,thats counting bigger turbo and tuning....and they say his srt4 will put my ams gt35r evo to sleep with my evo having 28psi and 5 bar aem map...i dont see this happening,but maybe some of you had a srt4 or know someone and can fill me in...the fastest srt4 ive seen was 10.7 and they were braggin about it online...granted 10.7 is quick but how many evos are in the 9s?10s? my point exactly....well if you had a srt4 etc maybe you can fill me in...
I used to own an SRT-4, so let me see if I can put together something for 400 whp for 3g's. Now, on the 10.7 is right, that is the fastest SRT-4 of today...

http://www.agpturbo.com/product.php?...9&cat=0&page=1
That is 3600 and that might have been what they are talking about...

Other than that, no it is impossible, 4g's yes very doable, even without agp's stage 4 but other than that no, and I know about 90% of the parts available for the SRT-4 and there cost.

Last edited by EvoDream05; Jun 1, 2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

so what's the update on this?
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dingo7
in a modified mag if im correct i saw a man that did 500whp on an srt4 with 5gs so its questionable at best.
Well yeah, you take AGP's Stage 4 for 3600, and add some other minor adjustments and you have 500 HP easy for 5g's.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

i still cant stand those things. Some guys will smoke me, some guys i will obliterate...but whats with thier collective attitudes? i have met maybe 1 guy who is chill about his competition.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
Account Disabled

^ Thank you!!
Seriously though, what is it with the attitude?
Yeah it's a fast car so? You dont see all the other people that own cars be an ***!!

I own a honda and I've kicked it with alot of honda owners (accords only really) and honestly I can run faster then our cars but we aint asses.

Just like Honda's gave the whole "Rice" **** happening, the neons (unless they change their attitudes, it's just a neon to me) are giving imports another bad name.
=/
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by blackevo110
i still cant stand those things. Some guys will smoke me, some guys i will obliterate...but whats with thier collective attitudes? i have met maybe 1 guy who is chill about his competition.
+1.........I have one good friend with a srt4.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

my .02 cents. I have seen 2 SRT-4's here in CO with very minimal mods, 50trim turbo and injectors etc. and they will stomp a mud hole in the evo. I even know one that smashed an evo with an upgraded turbo system.

BUT.......... this was from a roll and never from a dig. I had a friend with ans SRT-4 who did high 11's here in CO with racing slicks.

An SRT-4 might get you from a roll....but here are the factors that everyone has mentioned.

Evo has better traction. better from a dig.
Evo's can go sraightline and road track. SRT-4's cant
Evo's feel way safer in just normal driving.

So although you may get beat by an SRT-4 from a roll...the evo overall is a better car in everyway.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by smokey
my .02 cents. I have seen 2 SRT-4's here in CO with very minimal mods, 50trim turbo and injectors etc. and they will stomp a mud hole in the evo. I even know one that smashed an evo with an upgraded turbo system.

BUT.......... this was from a roll and never from a dig. I had a friend with ans SRT-4 who did high 11's here in CO with racing slicks.

An SRT-4 might get you from a roll....but here are the factors that everyone has mentioned.

Evo has better traction. better from a dig.
Evo's can go sraightline and road track. SRT-4's cant
Evo's feel way safer in just normal driving.

So although you may get beat by an SRT-4 from a roll...the evo overall is a better car in everyway.
The Evo is overall a better car, true but from a roll the SRT-4 will take it and it is 10-15 grand less.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smokey
There is nothing minimal about upgrading to a 50-trim. All the supporting mods and tuning is quite expensive.

Also, most of the ones you see on CRN with 50-trims have trouble even hitting 12s. There may be one guy who used slicks and actually knew how to do it, but the vast majority of them have trouble getting below 13.0. You see 12.9x@111.xx in most of their sigs. That would barely outrun me from a roll with my stock turbo and is nowhere near the upgraded turbo Evos trapping 119 (e.g. Justin).
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
There is nothing minimal about upgrading to a 50-trim. All the supporting mods and tuning is quite expensive.

Also, most of the ones you see on CRN with 50-trims have trouble even hitting 12s. There may be one guy who used slicks and actually knew how to do it, but the vast majority of them have trouble getting below 13.0. You see 12.9x@111.xx in most of their sigs. That would barely outrun me from a roll with my stock turbo and is nowhere near the upgraded turbo Evos trapping 119 (e.g. Justin).
I agree. most of them won't keep up with an evo. But never underestimate a slightly modded srt-4 from a roll. they are good at straightline and straightline only.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

well i heard if he does have that much power he will not have traction even at a roll...a srt4 is only good with slicks and still not that great...i know he has agp 60 trim,750 inj,safcII,exhaust, and thats all he mentioned...the evo with a GT35R and 117 octane at 28 pounds is over 500 at the wheels...i highly doubt this guys up there,cus if he was here in hawaii i would have heard of him from somewhere...but im not bashing srt4's i just dont think his srt4 with 60 trim will hang with a highly tuned AEM EMS and gt35r...ill keep you posted....ill email you guys the video if you like
Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GT35REVO8
yeah i will...he said he was "tuned" i found out hes using safc II...60 trim turbo,750 inj,big IC,25psi
My buddy had the same setup and dyno'ed 461whp, 476wtq on 29psi and 110oct. He had a few other boltons too but was still on a completely stock motor.