Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSM owners who have purchased an Evolution, Please join this thread.

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gvillevo
I first had a 1995 eclipse gs for my first car. I modded that thing as much as I could without a turbo on it, but had all sorts of problems. After that I bought a 1997 GSX with only 70K on it (a year and a half ago). I had a lot of fun with the car but I was always working on it in some way. Usually not a big deal, always driveable but not running at 100%. In december of 06' I picked up a 05' apex silver evo with ssl package. I have a few mods and out of all three I love the evo the most. Don't get me wrong, there was just something special about having the gsx, people were always surprised to see it wasn't just another gst, and I was always the only GSX around. The evo is a lot faster and better in almost every way, but won't ever be as rare as the gsx. I will be sad to see her go but have to sell it.
You are trying to say the GSX is rare? Hmmm...I don't think that is an accurate statement, I see them everywhere around here, and I only see another evo every once in a while. The GSX has been in production from 1990 to 1999 (in much higher production numbers than the Evo), where the Evo has only been here for 4 years. I still think the GSX makes a WAY better drag car than the Evo (way cheaper to modify). I am not so sure why so many people on this forum are obsessed with dragging their Evo.