Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

South Coast Mitsu...wont take E-loans or Capital one loan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WRC-GO
I don't blame S. Coast for trying to streamline the loan app process by doing it locally. I'm sure they get something for originating a loan, but the point is, if your credit is OK, you should have no problem moving the loan to your credit union within a couple of months, at a far better rate. You're only out a month or two interest at the less favorable rate.
Cripes, how much can it cost 100 bucks? You're saving thousands on the car deal. When I bought from S. Coast I asked Mark what was the easiest and least problem-prone way to pay for the car and he said to submit an on-line app and let them run it. They FedEx the papers, you sign, and you own the car. Ship it, pick it up, title it, and give the title time to make it back to whatever lender made the loan, then pay the sucker off with cheaper money.

No brainer and worked beautifully here. I like S. Coast and think they're getting a bad rap - who else offers those prices, guys?

they offer those prices cuz they make it up on on financing...simple...this is nothing new...been going on for a while now.... to say its a scam....well that is a little harsh... but they trying to be very slick

thx for the input
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I have to say Southcoast was wonderful to deal with. I bought my WW Evo IX at the end of May and I went through Capitol One Finance. I had no problems it was quick and easy.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Just so I'm clear, I definitely do NOT think there was anything scam-like about my dealings with S. Coast. They said up front they were willing to handle the purchase however I wanted, just that it would be easier to let them arrange financing. Since I knew I could move the loan over in a couple of months, I agreed to let them do it. It was my choice, no scam or pressure.
I have been extremely satisfied with the deal I received.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

How can it be easier for SC to handle financing if you show up with a check from eloans or capital one etc?

They dont have to run your credit which means less paperwork period. So it is in fact easier and quicker the other way around.

I think scam, although a dirty word, is in fact the correct choice of words. These finance people are spinless sometimes.

I have always used non dealer financing, brought in a check and was out the door in 45 minutes at HB for reference.

Giving credit when credit is due however my brother got a decent rate in 2005 at SC via their in house girl who did the financing and docs etc.

He then turned that car around at HB a few months back and got screwed by their now fired finance guy when he picked up an IX MR.

Guess nobody is perfect!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by res04
How can it be easier for SC to handle financing if you show up with a check from eloans or capital one etc?
Well, for one thing, because I was 3000 miles away and couldn't "show up" there!

Seriously, I'm just saying they were willing to go however I wanted to go with the purchase. They just said, in my case, it would be simpler to have them do the financing, and that worked very well for me.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, anyone thinking that SC mitsu is a scam are morons. I got my car from SC mitsu and I payed probably lower than any of you. Secondly, you can use other financing as long as its legit. I wouldn't talk to any sales men because they do get kick backs from their lenders. If you have any questions you can talk to me cause I know the owner of SC mitsu. If I were you I would speak directly to either Marc mecado(sales manager) or Abes(owner).

I payed for a brand spanking new evo 9 gsr(never been test driven) 31 out the door and yes that means after ttl with a 7.05% rate from my credit union cause I am young.