Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What car should i get need it to last 9 years (panel filter and ecu reflash)
2006 EVO IX MR w/ appearence pkg.
47.11%
2007 TOYOTA PRIUS
21.07%
INFINITI G35x
15.70%
BMW 330ix
10.74%
AUDI A4 Quatrro 1.8T
5.37%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Evo....good Looking?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought this would turn into a flamers thread because some people dont understand certain concepts in life ehhhmmm warrtalon and aznx tl
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

If you take the performance aspect away, an evo is an "ok" looking car. It's knowing what it's capable of that makes it a sexy beast.

My 99 VR4 would turn every head, evo doesn't. Yet, those who know what the Evo can do gape at it

I remember this one time at school, (college) bone stock STI, really well kept was parked there. These three kids came over and were gawking at it, getting down on the gorund checking it out, walking around it - people who know, know - and that's what matters.

I voted prius though.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

concept of life is work your *** off to pay for your own car, not make your parents buy you a new car, especially a evo
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

and there are alot of people that think the evo is butt *** ugly, including some of the owners
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Well, if you're worried about _looking_ outdated, there's no worry about the evo.
The more 'now' a car looks, the quicker it will age. To expand on this, look at the current Z4. It was very sharp when it came out, but now it's looking not so hot any more. Go back to the Z3 and you start wondering why anyone ever thought it was good looking. The current 5-series bmw is looking to go the same way. Now although I like the 3-series, it may well go the same way in a few years.

Lasting designs are always subtle imo, and I think the evo qualifies in that area. If you look at evo V's or VI's they're still good looking - you know they're old but they look as good as any new car.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DawnoffateX

I voted prius though.
WHY??
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
concept of life is work your *** off to pay for your own car, not make your parents buy you a new car, especially a evo
i understand but i worked for half of it and still am working to get as much as possible. i am still going to pay my own insurance and gas for 16 year old that takes skool all year long i think thats pretty good.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

its gonna be like 4-5k for insurence a yr.......plus car payments, plus premium gas
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Why don't you just get an 8 or something? Is it absolutely necessary to buy a brand spanking new car right now? Whatever you decide, good luck with it.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

+1 on getting the 8, when i was 16 i heard that 50% of the people that have their first car, wrecks it within the first yr they had it
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

i voted 9 mr for you, but realistically you want something thats going to last for almost 10 years? definetly get the toyota then. because even though all people on the forum own and evo whos going to not say they never heard anything bad about mitsubishi? i plan on keeping my 05 8 for a long time. but also considering your new to driving toyota would be your best bet.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
+1 on getting the 8, when i was 16 i heard that 50% of the people that have their first car, wrecks it within the first yr they had it
yes, this is true but i am 17 and some of my friends are the immature idiots that race on double line roads and go extremely fast on the highway..but some of us are still out here that are cautious and dont wreck everything we own. I say go with an 8 because its AWD, fast, and in my opinion its great looking.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:36 PM

Wow, I wish my parents were dumb enough to go and buy me an evo. seriously though, when you get behind the wheel you are goin to just go nuts and everyone here knows it. Please take no offence but your a young, unexperianced driver and that will more than likely be your down fall. Plus your insurance is gonna be 4g a year but what happens if you get into a fender bender or a speeding ticket??? Add any of those mishaps and your insurance will litterally be ****ing you side ways. Not to mention you will more than likely have a lot people hating on you just because you were fortunate to get such an amazing car. To be honest I think you should get a car that will be easier on your insurance, parents, and pocket. If you are really hell bent on a mitsu then consider the ralliart or if you are wantin a turbo all wheel drive car then look at a 2003-2005 wrx. Whatever you go with, hope it works out and doesn't come back and bite you on the ***.

Oh by the way, out of that list I went with the bmw because the high school *****es looooove beamers.

Last edited by 04ozrally; Jun 4, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04ozrally
Oh by the way, out of that list I went with the bmw because the high school *****es looooove beamers.
this is true too
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

First, DO NOT BUY AN EVO!! It's gonna cost you tons in gas and insurance and for how old you are the car is honestly too much for you and insurance companies know that. Oh and I doubt the car will last you 9 years without suffering a lot out of pocket expenses because warranty will not cover most things anyway. Second, don't buy a pruis. The evo isn't the most attractive car but thge Prius is just F^&*ing ugly. If I were you i'd get the Audi or BMW. Both are very well bit cars and if i were your age either of those cars would be very bad *** to have. THe will last you a very long time and won't go through crazy amounts of gas.

Quick Reply: Evo....good Looking?!?