Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What car should i get need it to last 9 years (panel filter and ecu reflash)
2006 EVO IX MR w/ appearence pkg.
47.11%
2007 TOYOTA PRIUS
21.07%
INFINITI G35x
15.70%
BMW 330ix
10.74%
AUDI A4 Quatrro 1.8T
5.37%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Evo....good Looking?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:57 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get the Evo, I don't need my insurance to skyrocket even further from what it is now...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:07 PM

well i must say ur going to be 17 this is not a bash against you but ur young dude im only 21 but i have some driving experiece and i gotten into a accident 3 months after my license like things do happen and ur going to tend to show off and an evo is a fast car im not tellin you nott to get it but how many 17 year olds have g35x or bmws u know get something ur going to enjoy and wont rape u insurance
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

prius- cuz its sexy and will pimp ladies and it does 60mpg which will equate to $$$ down the road ^^
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:13 PM
Account Disabled

Hear let me put it this way, this is going to be the nicest way too.

-You don't know how to handle a sports car, right now you don't know jack **** about performance cars behind the wheel. Do you know how maintain a turbo'd car? Or are you just going to take it to the dealership? thats fine...but what if the dealership is a craphole? Just think about it, you have your whole life ahead of you and a sports car is the last thing you need.

-Why work yourself to death? enjoy life right now and get a s14 w/ sr20 or something for fun thats good looking because you already said you have 15K work a little more and you'll be maintaining a good looking car without your parents helping you. Boy let me tell you thats satisfaction right there, earning your own stuff. Not saying that you're getting your car for free...but you already stated that they are paying for some of it. Why not just get something a little less expensive and less powerful because I will tell you right now, you do not know how to handle a high performance vehicle.

Im just trying to get to ya, its kids like you that say, "oh yeah I'll be safe, im not a lead foot, blah blah blah." Trust me, you will crash an AWD 286hp sports car. Get a beamer but i voted prisus cause it saves gas haha
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by DawnoffateX
If you take the performance aspect away, an evo is an "ok" looking car. It's knowing what it's capable of that makes it a sexy beast.
So true, whenever i see an evo on the streets im mesmorized and tell my friends omg look at that beauty. they respod saying "eh, its alright." haha, if they only knew. (even though i havent ridden inside an evo, i still believe this car is better than i would ever imagine)
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
the styling does seen to be a bit out of date if you consider most new car have big round or square headlights and have an more roundier-like body panel like the acure RSX and toyota TC.

I personally dont think its out of date, beside if they look at the new Acure TL, RL, TSX they all have the EVO look-a-like. EVO has its own distinctive look other cars dont have, the famous AWD w/ 4G63, hood scoop, and the wing.

I have the EVO for more than 3 months and still could not belived the car is mine.
True, i can't believe it either but is all real and is sitting inside my garage right now all clean and pretty!!!!!!

Also many can buy our wing and hoods but to capture the moment they look at our cars when we pass right besides them and probably thinking, damn i'm such a copycat loser is priceless. Please ppl come out with your own design of wings and hood plz!!!!!!!!!!.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:31 PM

--

Last edited by ImAzNUmKaY; Oct 3, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:32 PM
Account Disabled

After 60K miles electrical issues are not a surprise
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO outdated - whatever. I would take an EVO 8/9 or a 04'/05' STi over any other newer car in this price range. The only other cars I would consider is the Acura RSX Type S or the new Honda Civic Si. Actually, if I were you I would seriously look into the new Civic Si. You almost have enough money for one. They sell for 22,000 and come with all kinds of cool stuff like a 197hp iV-TEC engine, six speed trans, 17 inch rims, 7 speaker/350watt stereo with the coolest looking factory navigation system I have ever seen, and legendary Honda quality, fit and finish. My friend just traded his 04' EVO 8 for the new Si and he loves it. He compares the handling, braking, and engine to the legendary Integra Type R. I have to admit that the new Si is a dead sexy looking car - I would drive one in a heartbeat. Go check it out. You get alot of car for the money. I know some people will laugh at me suggesting a Honda Civic but the new Si is an awesome car.

Last edited by Hannibal Smith; Jun 4, 2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

i voted g35, im guessing you dont have a daily driver? and an evo isnt one for a start, so i guess you'd do great with the g35, good lookin' and drives nice!
even though i think the evo is definetly the best out of all..
Goodluck

Last edited by Whistling IX; Jun 4, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:51 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

for you

AUDI A4 all the way!!!!

ur way too yound for the evo

you will get tickets, you will get hurt and you will cry about the cost to maintain it

Dont say, im wrong about tickets and getting hurt, because im not

im 23, and ive owned several fast sports cars and even now at 23, every time i get behind the wheel of my evo ix mr, i feel like im 5 and i just got a new go toy.

the evo makes you do stupid ****, and the pressure from other kids, especially in HS will make you do stupid **** to show off

tickets, money, and possibly death will result in any 16 year old buying an evo.

im sorry, but you need to realize that your not ready for this car.

audi a4 is fast, nice and chics love it

in HS, worry about gettin HS chics naked, not a ****in evo
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

if you want a good looking car then get the Audi A4 2.0 with the S-line Pacage,
thats one sexy car, that was my second chose car if the evo deal didin't work out.
so go to the dealer and check out the Audi A4 2.0 S-line.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i vote civic si. it would be a great car for the money, and more than enough power to get you in trouble. I do not recommend an evo.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:25 PM

well it seems that money isn't an issue! so I say get an evo, an evo 8! u can probly get 1 already moded

I'm 20 and I recently got an 03' evo gsr, I love it! its in my dads name, my credit isn't so great but I and make'n the $640 payments... the car is insured but I'm not, insurance for me would be $636 a month for 6 months..... and if u do get the evo u will get pulled over, 17yr kid in a 30k car, u will have ur friends with u, u will drive over all speed limits! and u will get many tickets! and ur insurance will increase a lot!
like I said, it seems like money is not an issue.... so go for it, if u wreck it I'm sure u can afford to fix it or atleast ur parents will.....
Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

I like how all these threads with the younger guys saying I can afford an evo. Honestly you really can't until you can live totally on your own and totally pay for the car without any help and still have money left over to enjoy life then you can say you can afford it. When I was 17-18 I could have physically made the payment but that is about it what happens when the thing needs tires are something. In the end it sounds like your parents can afford it and not you and if they are buying the car and it is suppose to last 8+ years get the toyota I have one and it is a really great car and will last a really long time and has a good warranty that toyota stands by.

Also when I was your age I drove a little toyota truck and probably had no business driving that thing you just don't have enough experience and that can get you in trouble very fast. The evo can get away from you pretty easily.

Last edited by TonyMS; Jun 4, 2006 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo....good Looking?!?