Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What car should i get need it to last 9 years (panel filter and ecu reflash)
2006 EVO IX MR w/ appearence pkg.
47.11%
2007 TOYOTA PRIUS
21.07%
INFINITI G35x
15.70%
BMW 330ix
10.74%
AUDI A4 Quatrro 1.8T
5.37%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Evo....good Looking?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
#1 being first on my list
1. 2006 EVO IX MR
2. INFINITI G35
3. AUDI A4 Quatrro 1.8T
4. BMW 330
5. 2007 TOYOTA PRIUS <- I voted this for you.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo VIII

Situation 1: A responsible teenager who balances school and work in order to help out with the payments/insurance of a 30k car. Granted, he/she lives at home and his/her parents may sometimes chip in for service (oil change and whatnot), but a lot of the expenses are paid by the teenager.

Situation 2: A teenager is given a brand new 17-18k Scion tC, and he/she makes absolutely no payments or anything. AND, the teenager still mooches off the parents by living at home.

Don’t you think situation 1 is better? Getting a taste of the real world is immensely important at a young age. Notice in both situations the teenager will live at home anyway, but at least in situation 1 an understanding of responsibility will be met. There are plenty of teenagers that balance school and work (namely myself). It is certainly doable, and if you are really smart and good at managing your time, maintaining superb grades isn’t out of the question. Working for the payments of a car is directly linked to taking fewer risks, if any at all. But, this is all assuming that the person in question is responsible. If a teenager isn’t responsible in school for example, then that’s a good indication that school by itself is too much pressure, never mind adding another task such as a job.

How bout being less of a strain on your parents. I mean would anybody disagree that parent having to worry about you in a EVO is alittle more than you in a Civic or Prius. Over the course of 9 years you could have 2 Civics for the price you pay on maintaining the EVO.

Just to add I don't really care come on this is the internet. You live far enough from me and my family so I am not worried.

Last edited by TonyMS; Jun 5, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

idk the audi 2.0t is pretty nice for the money i also save 5 grand almost now the question that remains is stick innoying ive never drvin hydrulic stick and mechanicle is innoying after awhile??? and also ive never drivin stick for long periods of time.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

idk guys ill have to test drive both before i decide both have their pros and cons.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

Theres your ****ing problem. Quote "I've never driven stick for a long period of time."

The evo is by far not an easy car to learn on and once that clutch starts to go bad you'll be paying out of your *** for a new one and don't make me start on other parts of the transmission. Think about it...seriously...and whats wrong about getting a used car?

Ok you just said you have 15K or w.e amount of money with you. Seriously, why not just put that money for a cheaper car. A civic would be a cool car, it would be under your name, and your parents wouldn't have any part of ownership of it. Now that is satisfication like I previously stated.

I guess you have no idea whats in the real world...but you'll soon learn.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Evo hard to drive??? I think the evo is one of the easiest cars to drive. The clutch is light and engages really high. Sure I would learn on one for the sake of the clutch but it's really easy to drive. To me it feels like a Honda clutch but once you shift comes the hard part.

Originally Posted by gatorade
Theres your ****ing problem. Quote "I've never driven stick for a long period of time."

The evo is by far not an easy car to learn on and once that clutch starts to go bad you'll be paying out of your *** for a new one and don't make me start on other parts of the transmission. Think about it...seriously...and whats wrong about getting a used car?

Ok you just said you have 15K or w.e amount of money with you. Seriously, why not just put that money for a cheaper car. A civic would be a cool car, it would be under your name, and your parents wouldn't have any part of ownership of it. Now that is satisfication like I previously stated.

I guess you have no idea whats in the real world...but you'll soon learn.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

"but once you shift comes the hard part."-DSMEVOLUTION

What do you mean by that???
Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm telling you, check out the freakin new Civic Si. It's a totally different car than the previous year Civics. The motor puts out 197hp and 136ft/lbs of torque with a curb weight of only 2877lbs. Plus there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the K20 engine like cams, heads, superchargers, etc to boost power. People are comparing the handling to the legendary Integra Type R. The engine revs to 8 grand (let me see the Bimmer or Audi do that). I owned a 01' Type R and let me tell you that I miss that car to this day. Sure the EVO is faster but IMHO the Type R was way more fun to drive. I would trade straight up right now for a cherry Type R if given the chance. Even though my EVO 9 MR is a 36,000 dollar car, I would so trade straight up for a cherry Type R so I could get out from under the 649 dollar a month car notes. Trust me, you can not go wrong buying a Honda product. Their fit and finish is pure perfection. You don't have to buy a BMW or Audi to enjoy a well made and fun car to drive. The new Si is sick looking and for 22 grand fully loaded with navigation, you simply can't beat the bang for the buck. If you do indeed have 15 grand - you are almost there. Seriously, if I were you, I would go look at the new Si. Here is a link to all the specs:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...+Si&Category=1

also the new engine is so cool because it is totally square, meaning that the bore and stroke are the same. This is a characteristic of a well designed engine that can rev like a motherf$%^&%.

Last edited by Hannibal Smith; Jun 5, 2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get yourself the toyota prius and save yourself some gas money!!
The EVO is an HIGH PERFORMANCE car, not a car for the weak minded drivers.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith
I'm telling you, check out the freakin new Civic Si. It's a totally different car than the previous year Civics. The motor puts out 197hp and 136ft/lbs of torque with a curb weight of only 2877lbs. Plus there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the K20 engine like cams, heads, superchargers, etc to boost power. People are comparing the handling to the legendary Integra Type R. The engine revs to 8 grand (let me see the Bimmer or Audi do that). I owned a 01' Type R and let me tell you that I miss that car to this day. Sure the EVO is faster but IMHO the Type R was way more fun to drive. I would trade straight up right now for a cherry Type R if given the chance. Even though my EVO 9 MR is a 36,000 dollar car, I would so trade straight up for a cherry Type R so I could get out from under the 649 dollar a month car notes. Trust me, you can not go wrong buying a Honda product. Their fit and finish is pure perfection. You don't have to buy a BMW or Audi to enjoy a well made and fun car to drive. The new Si is sick looking and for 22 grand fully loaded with navigation, you simply can't beat the bang for the buck. If you do indeed have 15 grand - you are almost there. Seriously, if I were you, I would go look at the new Si. Here is a link to all the specs:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...+Si&Category=1

also the new engine is so cool because it is totally square, meaning that the bore and stroke are the same. This is a characteristic of a well designed engine that can rev like a motherf$%^&%.
thats fine and well that you favor the new SI, but me personally the styling of todays honda's have gone to crap. second the si is lacking something that ALL hondas lack TORQUE. remember horsepower sells cars, but torque wins the races. also the evo looks damn mean.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not entirely sure what to say to you really. I had a lightning for most of highschool until it exploded (thanks Ford!) and girls loved that car (Why are you not trying to get the most pimp car again?). I got an Evo the winter of my junior year in highschool and girls did not throw their clothes off at first sight of the car. The only reason I got an Evo was for autocross (and maybe some road racing when I get some more money, it's also quite a practical car) and honestly most people I knew at that age would NOT be able to handle an Evo. Sorry to break it to you. I'm not trying to come off as a pompous jerk or anything but I can handle the car because of prior motorsports experience and getting as much seat time as possible.

For comparison, I did know someone in highschool who had an STi and boy did I feel sorry for that car. All the things these people say about teenagers not being able to handle a car this powerful is true. Just get the BMW or Audi and revel in the fact that women will undoubtedly be attracted to your vehicle.

EDIT: There is an insane amount of Evos at Purdue University (which I now attend as a sophmore in engineering), what's up with that?

Last edited by ezhangin; Jun 6, 2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what's a prius doing in this list?! think practicality man get the prius...when you graduate and make the big bucks - get the evo XII and rub it in our faces...g/l w/ your decision though - not an easy one to make at that age...
Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

well the civic wont happen just because they dont like civics i have already asked before that and they acually rather buy me a evo over a civic but suggest a diffrent car , also they hate
corollas.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

you want it to last 9 years? the evo won't... as much as everyone on this board will say the evo is a reliable car, it's not. the quality isn't great and on top of that its a turbocharged sports car. mitsubishi might not even be around in 9 years... but who knows.

o and if you don't plan on using it... and by using it i mean racing whether it be at the circuit, autox, or track (1/4), don't buy it, you're using it for what its supposed to be used for.

Last edited by 4g63skeet; Jun 6, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

yes i wil be using it but more of the autox and circuit type rather than a track. if i get the evo ill use it whats it was orginally made for going around curves...

Last edited by EVOIXMR8916; Jun 6, 2006 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo....good Looking?!?