Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Trade in.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade in.

I am thinking about trading my lex gs 300 for an evo ix. So i went to a lexus dealer first, just to see how much they would give me for my car, i was trying to trade it in for the new is 350. Lets just say that they totally raped me, whats funny is that i went to a mitshubishi dealer afterwards and thought that they would rape me even more, they didn't. They actually gave me a better deal, i really want to get the evo ix mr, knowing that this is the last production, and the last shipment is coming in August of this year.
I dont know what to do, i like my car but its to slow for me, i know that evo is not a luxurius car, but all around i think its a better fit for me.
The only problem is that i drive to work everyday, 60 miles a day (highway), i would have to get a second car (beater) to travel to work. I know that the evo can do 300miles to a tank of gas, which is not bad at all, i know that it all depends on your driving habit.
If i would decide getting the evo my payments would be a little more than what i pay for my lex with 3.9% against 6% for the evo, also i checked my insurance and it looks the same as the lex. My only conern is that next year, evo won't be available. What do you guys think i should do?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Buy the Evo and don't look back. The ride in the MR is quite good on the highway.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

how is it in traffic, i get a little bit of traffic on the way back, nothing major, I never drove an evo, is it hard on your liver to change gears?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:37 PM

hard on the liver? I wouldn't think so...
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

I got my IX MR for my daily driver, and couldn't be more happy with it. If you're driving 300 miles per week commuting, that's only 15K per year - hardly a problem. You can get around 25 mpg on the highway in sixth, btw.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My evo IX is my daily driver (50 miles minimum each day) and although it's not the most economical car on the road, it's definitely the most beyotchin lane changer in the pack, and I never regret making the payment, or buying gas.

If you're going to drive an Evo . . . . for God's sake, DRIVE THE EVO!!! Who pays 35k for a garage trophy? This car was built to own all (withing reason), so by all means, let it own all - every day!

You won't regret it --- Promise!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arkow
how is it in traffic, i get a little bit of traffic on the way back, nothing major, I never drove an evo, is it hard on your liver to change gears?
only if you're slamming a bottle of jack daniels while you're driving
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

In traffic it kinda sucks, just because it is manual, and you'll be constantly shifting up and down. Your left food gets tired of pressing the clutch, but that's how you build muscle =)
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

just get the evo, you will be one happy guy i promise you.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:29 PM

yea manual tranny in traffic FTL! but other than that the evo is a great car.

Carlo
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by twinevo
haha, I was thinking the same thing.

--
Brian
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

great car ,even with my 40 mile a day work routine, i always enjoy driving the car then when i end up jumping into my 98 toyota tercel i feel like damn i wish i was in my car.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
kip

I have the Evo as daily driver. Hit traffic every day but it's not bad at all. It only becomes problematic when traffic is heavy and you're heading uphill. I'm driving fairly conservatively and get only about 20 mpg.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
My evo IX is my daily driver (50 miles minimum each day) and although it's not the most economical car on the road, it's definitely the most beyotchin lane changer in the pack, and I never regret making the payment, or buying gas.

If you're going to drive an Evo . . . . for God's sake, DRIVE THE EVO!!! Who pays 35k for a garage trophy? This car was built to own all (withing reason), so by all means, let it own all - every day!

You won't regret it --- Promise!
+++++1
Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
u got me cracking, anywayz i'll check out the evo this weekend and see what they offer me.

Thanks guys