Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

from TB to purple...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down from TB to purple...

Okay guys,
I went to play football with a few friends at a local park and as i got to the field I forgot my football shoes so when i return back for my shoes ( it must have just been 10 minutes at most). I find this clear stuff on my front driver side door and it dripped all over my door. THe worst part was that it turned my evo's beautiful tarmac black into a purple type color. I was so pissed off that I quickly took it home and tried to wash it off but it would not come off. It looks like it is underneath the clear coat because it still feels smooth. I took it to a couple of body shops and they don't know what it is, we tried using multiple chemicals to get it out and now my only option is to paint it. I need so help, has this ever happened to anyone and what did you do to fix it? I'm just ticked off that people now a day don't respect nice cars...sorry guys just had to vent a little.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

eeewww that sux man ive never had it happen to me but I hear brake fluid can do that, but then again it could have been almost anything chemical based. you might want to see if your insurance would cover it, since it was vandalized they should
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

check with your insurance first before you do any thing else,
My cousins 3 week old GG evo IX got keyed in his driveway, a lot of haters out there that don't understand that we work hard for our cars.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Brake fluid? That sux
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

I worked for a glass company awhile back and we had repeated problems with kids using some type of acid to tag on glass.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks, get it repainted by insurance. I think the blue / purple / black TB paint is ungly anyway. Get some deep, rich, thick black paint, maybe some with gold flake. Now that's what i was looking for.