Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dynoflash=WOW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dynoflash=WOW

Saw Al on Sun to get a base flash at VIP. My friends and I showed up around noon and he showed up about 5 minutes after we got there. My car was the first one he did even though people were waiting since 9:30.
All I have to say is the car is running perfect and it pulls soooo hard now. Unfortunately, all this does is make me itch for some cams and another flash. Thanks, Al for hooking me up with the tune and the fuel pump. I haven't even tried using the remapped launch control yet due to the fear of needing a new clutch. I'm sure I'll feel the need someday soon though.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will a reflash hurt the evo in the long run?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

I don't see how it could hurt anything in the long run if you have the right equipment to support everything. If anything your car will run better than it did before. All that's being changed is fuel mapping, ignition timing, rev limit and stuff like that. If it's done properly you should have no problems what so ever. If it's not done properly however, you could be in a world of hurt.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Glad you liked your tune and glad you made your way down to VIP.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by su37su
I can't believe I am getting to chime in before Warrtalon. No, the flash won't hurt your car and even if Al flashed it with no mods at all it will perform better than stock. He flashes everything with saftey in mind and you have nothing to worry about.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by su37su
? What prompted this strange question?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
I can't believe I am getting to chime in before Warrtalon. No, the flash won't hurt your car and even if Al flashed it with no mods at all it will perform better than stock. He flashes everything with saftey in mind and you have nothing to worry about.
Forget it!!!! I'm just not fast enough.

Last edited by Mulholland0132; Jun 5, 2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Forget it!!!! I'm just not fast enought.
Too funny.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Dont know.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I can understand the motivation behind this question. Intuitively, it seems that you can't get something for nothing, that there is no free lunch. In other words if you get more power out of an engine you are going to have to pay a price somewhere, most likely in engine longevity. The old adage is that the faster you go, the shorter it lasts (or something like that). I would love to get more power without decreasing engine life. Can anyone out there say for sure that more HP (even with just a tune) in no way diminishes engine life? If it can be shown, that would be excellent. I, for one, would be ecstatic if I could just get better mileage and keep stock HP.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

That doesn't justify the question, though. People add intakes and BOVs that actually hurt performance, but you don't see people asking this question. There are thousands upon thousands of Evos with flashes, even one that has recently passed 125k miles. The flash helps the engine run more smoothly and more efficiently. I'm not saying the additional power won't lead to engine wear sooner than stock, but there definitely hasn't been any indication of the nearly 4 years of USDM Evo existence that a flash is detrimental in the long-term.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome, glad to hear you liked the flash. My ECU is boxed up and ready to be dropped off in the morning to be shipped. Cant wait, all I have to do while im waiting is install the fuel pump which should be cake.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

i second the dynoflah = wow, i installed my fuel pump and got flashed last week and am still in awe of the results. i could'nt be more impressed
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Does the use of cell phones cause tumors of the brain? Does sweet n low give you cancer? Doe 30 mor p cause your engine to fail sooner? Dont think you can ever really know. I do agree with warr though. It doesnt help but who cares.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks to the poster of the thread

To the guy chiming in about free lunch

I have guys driving my flash tuned evos now for 3 years and some with over 100,000 miles - not one tuning related engine failure today edven with over 3500 of these Dyno Flash mad men on the road

In reality the flash tuned evos experience less engine related failure than 100% stgock evos

I will not lie though your clutch is going to take a beating when you start making the big power