Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Froge RS = SES? P0300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nutrulz
With the RS you can have it completely loose, and it will still hold tons of boost, well over stock. That is not the problem. I have mine all the way loose, and I hold 22 psi all day.

If that is the case dude you got some issues . The wastegate is made to hold 7 psi and nothing more. So if you got it turned all the down then you shouldn't be hold $hit. KO don't worry man .... stick with the info you got and come back with some more info...we'll get you in the right direction
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure thing, thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

I had the P0300 a while back.. switched from BPR7ES to BR7ES and I haven't seen it since. I really doubt it's related to your BOV/DV.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Okay disregaurd this post. You guys were right, it was stupid of me to jump the gun.

It's 02 sensor, P0134.

Basically i have came to 2 conclusions:

1 It said "no reading" so the sensor completely stopped working, and makes POS cars. And i'm glad i have a 10 yr warrentee.

2 The Forge RS BOV VTA = Rich enough mixture to cause this code and trigger an SES. This is doubtful in my opinion, but a possibility. The car idles fine and feels fine, so i'm not sure how rich it really is, i don't have a wideband yet. I have heard multiple people say the Forge RS VTA works fine, and doesn't cause driveability issues, so i don't know why it would on my car. BUT i have no problem recirculating, i was just VTA for a couple days for fun.

Either way it's going into the stealership to either get a new 02 sensor or get the code pulled and i'll be on my way.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Put the regular DV back on there, or they could blame it on it and deny your warranty claim.

Its unlikey, but unless your dealer is cool, I'd do it if you can

Mine went bad after ~700 miles on my new evo and I was stock.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Okay disregaurd this post. You guys were right, it was stupid of me to jump the gun.

It's 02 sensor, P0134.

1 It said "no reading" so the sensor completely stopped working, and makes POS cars. And i'm glad i have a 10 yr warrentee.

2 The Forge RS BOV VTA = Rich enough mixture to cause this code and trigger an SES. This is doubtful in my opinion, but a possibility. The car idles fine and feels fine, so i'm not sure how rich it really is, i don't have a wideband yet. I have heard multiple people say the Forge RS VTA works fine, and doesn't cause driveability issues, so i don't know why it would on my car. BUT i have no problem recirculating, i was just VTA for a couple days for fun.

Either way it's going into the stealership to either get a new 02 sensor or get the code pulled and i'll be on my way.
that would be your front o2 sensor. probably going bad. they shouldn't going bad that easy to begin with. take off your spark plug cover and check the connectors ont he left hand side. if you need one contact kmxxbadboy and tell him vboy425 sent you.

Last edited by vboy425; Jun 7, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
P0134 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)

Nothing to do with the ForgeRS or any CBV of any kind.

My money is on an unplugged O2 or some sort of ECU wiring riggery.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo

It's 02 sensor, P0134.

Sorry to bring this back, but it was the 2nd choise. I since visited the dealership, who pulled an additional "system to lean code." I recirculated the BOV and haven't had an issue since. So anyone who says they run this valve VTA problem free is mistaken.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has nothing to do with the BOV. It richens the AFR when VTA not leans so the claim has no factual basis.

If you said it threw a rich code, that would have more weight.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

haha, sorry, i was in a rush when i posted that. It was "System to Rich".

I knew VTA effected the car negatively, just didn't know it would make it throw a couple codes.

Like i said, since recirced though, and all seems well.

Though i do almost have it turned all the way positive w/ no drivability issues, which somewhat concerns me. Esspecially because i turn it up a turn every time after i drive on the freeway with no issues, and it's only going to take a couple more trips till that thing is as stiff as it goes.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Well KO the good thing is that we got you in the right direction and now the problem is getting fixed. But yeah, FYI this car has a MAF sensor that registers air ,without the recirculated bit it makes funny things happen to your engine. I am just so tired of voicing that fact that i didn't bother to tell ya. But you are now first hand knowledge of the tragedy that VTA causes without a speed density set up.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aux.
Well KO the good thing is that we got you in the right direction and now the problem is getting fixed. But yeah, FYI this car has a MAF sensor that registers air ,without the recirculated bit it makes funny things happen to your engine. I am just so tired of voicing that fact that i didn't bother to tell ya. But you are now first hand knowledge of the tragedy that VTA causes without a speed density set up.
I know, I know...

It was just for fun, for a couple days though; I just didn't expect it to act up so drastically, and i was in fact quite surprised. Plus i read in some thread that this BOV had zero drivability issues, and no problems VTA. That was FALSE.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah KO there are alot of cars that are different. I have a nagging suspicion though that some of these people that actually have problems don't notice them....maybe they drove $hitty cars before this one (who knows). The important thing that people need to understand is that when you are talking about the tolerance levels of a car is that sensor read rather quickly and things can take a turn for the worse really quick..... but with it all said and done i hope you got all that kind of fun out of your system , now go have some real fun that doesn't leave you stranded some where or worried ?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aux.
Yeah KO there are alot of cars that are different. I have a nagging suspicion though that some of these people that actually have problems don't notice them....maybe they drove $hitty cars before this one (who knows). The important thing that people need to understand is that when you are talking about the tolerance levels of a car is that sensor read rather quickly and things can take a turn for the worse really quick..... but with it all said and done i hope you got all that kind of fun out of your system , now go have some real fun that doesn't leave you stranded some where or worried ?
Amen, brotha!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

I just threw the po300 code yesterday when i was on the highway, Its said 1 of 2 codes and they were both the same....

Now the only difference with the car is that i got an exedy clutch...are the exedy cluths known to threw this code or should i be looking for something else..

Mods are Magnaflow axle back, K&N drop in with cover off, dynoflash(base), and forge bov(not rs)...