Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what do you guys think? RSX type-s Or Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depends on what you like.... vtec screaming or turbo spoolin. i like both thats why i have a honda and an evo haha! evo will out preforms rsx any day but if you like to bash on your car everyday than the rsx is for you. i can tell you that hondas can take the beating better than any car doing 8k revs. thats my 2cents.. sorry if i offended anyone of you guys but i like both my evo and my gsr civic hatchback.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my own opinon i used to have a black 04 rsxtype s with jdm goodies. looks clean in and out!...and i traded it in for the 06 mr evo. evo is one bad *** car it performs very well. i must admit that they are good cars...

Its totally up to you!

if you like the feeling of a fwd and have the money to spend thousand of $$$ for aftermarket parts youll get yourself a one bad *** turbocharge rsx

or

you get yourself bad *** evo!...
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:51 AM

I'm sorry I was a little vague in the post I guess. I know the 2 cars are totally different worlds I was more so thinking used vs new I guess for my price range. Though, I am tired of 2dr coupes that's for sure. I think i'd be much happier with an 05 Evo and my insurance and maintenance costs can't be any worse then what I'm paying now for my Z. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a nice 05 for around 25k does that seem feasible?

thanks for the responses!

Last edited by SimonSays; Jun 8, 2006 at 10:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Get a used IX, there are some out there. I know you will be happy with the evo, but with the RSX you will always think whatf I got the evo.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

IMHO, the evo is an all around better car, everything from AWD, to turbo, to a 4 door. It has the best of all worlds. If you're like me and you like being different, get the evo. I see on average about 10-15 RSX's a week. I see an evo besides mine maybe 1 or twice every two weeks. Not that many around here. Oh, and i'm sure once you test drive the rsx and the evo, you'll be hooked on the evo. My .02
Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

I liked my RSX-S better. Much better daily driver.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I was in a similar situation. I test drove the RSX type-S (and a TSX). Although I liked both cars, I found that I was flooring them on the test drive and shifting at redline just to max out the power. When I test drove an Evo for the first time, I was almost scared because the acceleration was so explosive. After that, it was clear that I was going with the Evo.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let just say I sold all my JDM'd Civics and got myself an evo IX MR.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FWD
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

yes TEST drive both cars. im sure youll like the performance of the evo rather than the rsx. so I'd say, go for the EVO but then youre askin for 25k. Can you live driving a use car? some people cant. So like you said Its up to you!

EVO
------
RSX
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

all wheel drive VS front wheel drive? go figure.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Hands down get the evo. Much more rare car and also has 4 doors. Holds value better too. My evo is an 03. When i was stock i ran an rsx-s a bus lenght from 80-105 roll. Oh yeah that was on a closed road course.lol
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't help it, I'm "racist" against all cars that are FWD. I'm not saying that you can't make an FWD car perform well, its just the idea/concept behind it. Here are the main problems with FWD:

1.) Torque steer (can be minimalized with a good lsd)
2.) Understeer (due to front wheels having to steer and accelerate at the same time when cornering)

Although I have to admit that the RSX is
1.) good looking
2.) light weight
3.) reliable
4.) very affordable

As far as performance is concerned, the RSX can't hold a candle to the Evo. Its not even in the same league (stock for stock).
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

hands down Evo, any year.

if u get a rsx-s chances are u'll regret not getting the Evo in the first place. yea a type s with i/e/rh/reflash can keep up with a pre 06 Evo on the highway, but it'll take big bucks for the type s to touch the Evo's handling.

not to mention the Evo has 2 more doors and 3 comfy back seats

only thing i guess the dc5 has over the Evo is better mpg....

the dc5 is a sweet car, i like them a lot. however with an Evo as ur other option, u'd be crazy to pick the rsx IMHO.

good luck
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

I used to be in the same spot as you and I've test driven both (and i mean REALLY test DRIVEN). If I was only looking for a car to daily drive with a little pep, I'd probally go with the RSX simply because it drives so much better, and with gas prices and all, just makes more sense. The evo's shifter feels notchy and simply is'nt that fun to drive everyday and eats alot of gas. Also, you have to worry about who's owned the car before and what they've done TO and IN the evo. Actual comfort and driving wise, I chose the rsx, but for the fun factor in driving, I chose the evo and that's what I went with. I personally think they're both great cars and you wont really be dissapointed with either.