Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it depends...at my last job, I was driving nearly 80 miles a day and essentially driving the Evo into the ground and getting no real pleasure out of it.

I bought the car to enjoy driving spiritedly, not commuting to and from work...I'd rather have a Civic for that.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i enjoy riding around in my evo on weekends, and days off. i mean sure the car is made for autocross, and what not. but not everyone has the time to ride 2 hours or more to go track them. so driving around the town is just as good. expecially with all the looks i get because no one usually knows what the hell it is besides your usual ricer you catch.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
i enjoy riding around in my evo on weekends, and days off. i mean sure the car is made for autocross, and what not. but not everyone has the time to ride 2 hours or more to go track them
If you have weekends off for driving the Evo around, surely you'd be able to make it to an Auto-x which is a one day event on the weekend. Our Auto-x here is 1.5 hours away.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stew
If you have weekends off for driving the Evo around, surely you'd be able to make it to an Auto-x which is a one day event on the weekend. Our Auto-x here is 1.5 hours away.
thing being i work weekends, im off tuesday and wednesday. so usually there arent any events going on those two days. you can only do so much.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

daily drive, including road trips. so far, has been flawless and very reliable with my modest amount of mods.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

It would be a waste to me PERSONALLY simply from the perspective of cost-to-fun ratio if I wasn't regularly enjoying canyon/mountain carving and occasional open lapping days. I'm not certain why people buy these cars only for drag racing when they could get more performance from an LS-1 Camaro, but different strokes for different strokes. You bought it for whatever reason you did, and if you are happy using it in such a way then cool!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Depends on how DRIVEN it gets daily.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

i daily drive mine as well. for the days that i drive in heavy traffic, i'll compensate for it by unleashing a bit on empty high ways at late night or some minor twisties

regular days i'll just take on-ramps at WOT and cut some 90deg corners at 45mph (not blind corners).

this car makes gettting to places 99% of the fun
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

No. MY evo is daily driven and its been the most reliable car i have had...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

I love my car soo much that even if i had another car to drive to and from work i dont think i would!!!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DCSilvrEvo
No. MY evo is daily driven and its been the most reliable car i have had...
+1

While of course it should be taken to the track whenever possible, why would you buy a car and NOT drive it?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:17 PM
kip

Before buying the evo I was thinking of getting a crappy daily driver and spend the $ to beef up the viper. But what's the point not having fun everyday. A former colleague drives the heck out of his miata everyday and also take it to auto-cross every week. Net fun = fun factor * time
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Life is too short to drive boring cars. Several years back I had a Nissan Maxima, which was a terrific daily driver, reliable, economical, but boring as snow on corn stalks. I sold it and got the WRX. Instant fun. The WRX is going to the kids soon, and the EVO is to be the daily driver. I've gotta say, I've never enjoyed driving any car as much in my typical DD routine. It rewards every input with tremendous response - a true driver's car. I will be buying extra wheels and mud-snow tires for the off season and plan to enjoy it year round, as I did the WRX.
The Viper is for those track weekends - but gotta say, every time I've done one, something has broken. First year was hydraulic slave cylinder, last year power steering pump. Tracking (road courses) is hard on a car, so I may not push the EVO onto the track right away (although I think it would outrun the snake in the twisties! )
So, yes, daily drive the EVO - can't be beat really.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

More time to enjoy my evo.
That's the way I see it.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?
Why do people ask questions like this? Are you bored? Don't you have any friends? Nobody can answer that question but you. It's like asking a forum if you like banana or strawberry better.

Quick Reply: Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?