Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my daily commute would suck if i didnt have my evo. even in heavy traffic its fun. you have time to check out all the people checkin you out. driving slow can be fun too. roll down the windows, crank up the beats, get your lean on
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:19 PM

the evo is a car that you walk away from backwards, because you have to gape at a car that makes you feel so good driving it.

better than sex? not if you're doing it right.

it's good. it's real good.

--r
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Evillusion
[b]
Why do people ask questions like this? Are you bored? Don't you have any friends? Nobody can answer that question but you. It's like asking a forum if you like banana or strawberry better.

While I agree it is a pretty useless question to ask someone else's opinion on how you should drive your own car, YOU took the time to answer it didn't you?? Don't YOU have any friends???

I don't post much on here because I don't have much technical information to post, well I should say NO technical info, but when I see responses like this, it reminds me why I don't bother posting or looking at much on here except for the classifieds and the local region posts.

Let the guy post, let others respond, and if you don't like it, move on to the next post - there is always something else that I'm sure you know eveything about!!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by solomrus
the evo is a car that you walk away from backwards, because you have to gape at a car that makes you feel so good driving it.

better than sex? not if you're doing it right.

it's good. it's real good.

--r
what, having sex right or driving the car right?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

I've owned my LY Evo since April 2003 and it's been a daily driver. I supposed I could Auto X or take it to tracks, but Evo Rule #1 is "Drive it like a race car and be prepared to pay". I am not prepared to pay for repairs that are my fault for racing. I have 68K miles and I am about to buy my fourth set of tires (1 winter set and this will be summer set #3). Even with all the dough this car costs, it's still worth it even though I don't drive it hard core.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I interpreted the question as meaning "Is having an Evo a waste if [only] daily driven. Of course I daily drive my car to work, but if that's the only thing I did with it then yeah cheaper cars do that just as well...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MeKilla
what, having sex right or driving the car right?
LOL!

driving an evo.

this is a g-rated board. no more sex comments. 8^)

--r
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

[b]
Why do people ask questions like this? Are you bored? Don't you have any friends? Nobody can answer that question but you. It's like asking a forum if you like banana or strawberry better.

I aint gonna lie, I like banana better
Old Jun 9, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Mine is a daily driver and I will probably never drive another car again. Love it.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 02:32 PM

I'm always in a better mood after driving my Evo because its always fun to drive. Good power, good handling, good enough comfort, good enough stereo (upgraded HU), good looking car, and good cool-factor. Whatever you're in the mood for, it will do it.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[b]
would you prefer a "should i get the evo 9 mr or the evo 9 gsr" thread? there's not enough of those!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by machron1
I interpreted the question as meaning "Is having an Evo a waste if [only] daily driven.
this is what i meant initially
Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
I'm always in a better mood after driving my Evo because its always fun to drive. Good power, good handling, good enough comfort, good enough stereo (upgraded HU), good looking car, and good cool-factor. Whatever you're in the mood for, it will do it.
off topic.. but does just changing the HU really improve the sound quality in the car? (I'm sorry, i dont know crap about audio stuff)
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

An Evo is a waste if parked in your garage.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

I drive my car daily and take it to the track as often as I can. I do however only drive 70mph in highways to get the maximum gas maleage (245miles for 11.5gal) . I leave the boosting on the track.

Quick Reply: Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?