Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?

Was wondering what the general concensus is regarding this question to fellow evo owners...my LY was daily driven, minor bolt-ons...always wanted to track or auto-x eventually but alas, that day never came ...With rising gas prices and insurance premiums wasn't sure if these costs justified the means...but man, being behind the wheel of the revered evo sure was fun...Out of the box performance wise, best car I've driven hands down (an mr or softened suspension would've been easier on the behind though!) = no regrets of having a daily driven
Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well....it really depends on your driving style and the traffic you're gonna be driving in. If ur commute consists of empty mountain roads then hells yea, but if its dead locked city traffic then no.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

nothing felt more refreshing than coming off of dead lock traffic and exiting off the ramp @ 80mph to take local! j/k
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Worth It

Originally Posted by akemi27
Was wondering what the general concensus is regarding this question to fellow evo owners...my LY was daily driven, minor bolt-ons...always wanted to track or auto-x eventually but alas, that day never came ...With rising gas prices and insurance premiums wasn't sure if these costs justified the means...but man, being behind the wheel of the revered evo sure was fun...Out of the box performance wise, best car I've driven hands down (an mr or softened suspension would've been easier on the behind though!) = no regrets of having a daily driven
Well I drive my IX daily and love every minute of it. I know what you're saying though because I thought I felt that way when I had my STI, so I got rid of it (one of the reasons at least) and bought what I thought was a comfortable daily driver - an 05 Hemi Magnum...long story short - BORING!

I don't regret driving mine daily for 1 second, and when I get home I look for more reasons to go out and drive!

Insurance costs and gas are a pretty weak excuse not to drive a car daily (at least once you own it) because that should have been thought out before someone buys a car. I can't tell you how many times I've had the bright idea to go buy a Porsche or a 'Vette or a Viper and then hurried and called the insurance company so they could basically tell me to forget it And buying gas for the IX is a pleasure compared to a Hemi!! Not to mention the fact that the same kids in Civics, Jettas, etc. that tried to race me in the Magnum won't even look over at me at a light now - you can't put a price on that!!!

Anyway, just continue to enjoy it because there isn't much out there that you will find is even close to being as much fun daily, and definately not at this price!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akemi27
nothing felt more refreshing than coming off of dead lock traffic and exiting off the ramp @ 80mph to take local! j/k
nooooooo your not

its definately not a waste as long as your not just using it to get to and from work in stop and go traffic.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
...when I get home I look for more reasons to go out and drive!
I'm the same way
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
I'm the same way

couldnt have said it better myself
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:26 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
owned IS300 for 3 years=11,700 miles, owned Evo9 MR for 3 weeks=1,500 miles. choosing the evo over the IS as daily driver=priceless
Attached Thumbnails Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?-img_0820.jpg  
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, i thinks it's stupid to spent about $30k on a car and just let it sit there looking good. It meant to driven. As long as you enjoy driving it, that's all it matters.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

I drive mine everyday and I love it. I bought it to drive not to chill in the garage.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

You're worried wayyy to much about Auto-x. Just go do it, then thank me later.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

my commute is pretty much either in heavy traffic or parking-lot traffic....but lemme tell you the highlights of my day are getting in my car to go to work, and getting in my car to leave work.

...and like someone said before, nothing beats getting outta parking-lot traffic and taking the exit ramp at insane speeds!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Got mine and drove around 8,000miles in two months.. Hood started to fill paint dents, chips due to stones and sandy highways in UAE..

So decided to abuse it no more, parked it, got a civic for work since i commute about 200miles a day at work..

Driving the evo daily decreases the senses of it whilst driving it in weekends after a long week in a civic makes it worth every mile..

Wael
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

I daily drive my MR, take it to Autox every other weekend and do HPDE whenever possible. As far as I am concerned, I get my moneys worth. It does sometimes suck in traffic or on really bad roads, well at least it does now with the coilovers. Overall I enjoy the car every day.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
well, i thinks it's stupid to spent about $30k on a car and just let it sit there looking good. It meant to driven. As long as you enjoy driving it, that's all it matters.
I agree 100%. I enjoy driving my car even more than I do when I first bought it. I used to drive my truck to work all the time, and would just drive the Evo sometimes when I got home. Now the truck just sits unless I need to get something that the Evo can't haul. I love driving my car.

Quick Reply: Is having an Evo a waste if daily driven?