Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

LAST QUESTION will I miss RWD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAST QUESTION will I miss RWD

I am sure you are tired of this newbie... but this is a HUGE jump for me. I have owned every rwd drive car you can imagine... never awd. Speaking from experience please... will I will it... take into consideration I love that throw you back in your seat torque feeling and I love to be a stop light warrior. I drag more than auto cross... mainly because mustangs... even saleens dont handle worth a #%#% and you guys know it. My latest car that I sold was an 03 cobra running over 700 to the wheels but it was liek driving on ice... car wouldnt stay straight even on bfg's. Is awd drive going to mae THE difference in getting usable ho to the ground so that I can beat my old buddies with the huge hp an dno traction (think 1000 hp supras running 12's because they are spinning halfway down the track)....
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

i would say yes, you can and will make horrendous power on an evo, depending on how far you would mod it. also the handling on this car is surperb. with the traction problems i havent heard of too many high powered evos having alot problems. probably because the AWD helps out alot.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

NO! I love awd. I have gotten the car sideways, pulling out of parking lost sharp turns, more than once mostly in the rain and the thing just straightens itself right out. I felt like I didn't have to make any steering corrections. I used to own a mustang and the Evo has way more traction.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

If you set up your suspension properly you can get the tail to go out on demand. My evo is stock but I have enough power in the rear wheels to induce a power oversteer, of course easier when it is raining.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Of course it will help and you can also get pushed back in your seat in a modded evo.The only thing I miss from rwd is burnouts but other that that it's a traction king,even in the rain it will be fast.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the only thing you will miss is the 20 mph on-demand tire smoke you can get in a powerful RWD. You will love AWD.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

i believe u'll love awd as well

when turning fast the tail will correct itself, whereas rwd once the tail is out, u'll have to depend to skills to bring it back. u can do this to the Evo too, but u'd have to be going really fast, much faster than rwd's.

awd will also inspire much more confidence in the rain (still mainly tire dependent - so be careful) but my mr2 turbo is crazy in the rain...once i hit full boost i just spin till 3rd gear...with the Evo i can still do pulls till 3rd gear and it still goes straight

i love traction.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will you just buy a evo already? The cobra is only king in the drage and thats about it. The evo can be king in anything. autox, rally, circuit, drag, time attacks, d1, and whatever your hearts desire.

The only thing I would use a cobra for is drag racing. However, I can at least take my evo to go snowboarding.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saleen281
I am sure you are tired of this newbie... but this is a HUGE jump for me. I have owned every rwd drive car you can imagine... never awd. Speaking from experience please... will I will it... take into consideration I love that throw you back in your seat torque feeling and I love to be a stop light warrior. I drag more than auto cross... mainly because mustangs... even saleens dont handle worth a #%#% and you guys know it. My latest car that I sold was an 03 cobra running over 700 to the wheels but it was liek driving on ice... car wouldnt stay straight even on bfg's. Is awd drive going to mae THE difference in getting usable ho to the ground so that I can beat my old buddies with the huge hp an dno traction (think 1000 hp supras running 12's because they are spinning halfway down the track)....
you'll like awd you can slide your car with zero countersteer all depends on how you set up your car but a i got to say that RWD cars are really fun too i think they require more driver skills, i love my evo 9 but sometimes i get into my s13 and get all wild sideways and it just reminds me how fun RWD cars are
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will love the AWD, you can make turns at rediculous speeds like you never could in your rwd cars. Traction is just awesome w/the awd.

Once you get like the guys at AMS, you might start having traction problems then lol...
http://media.ams-evo8.com/videos/amsevo/GotTraction.wmv
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

You wont miss RWD. You will greatly miss AWD if you revert back, at least you will miss the Evo's AWD. Audi's for example whole package is just not as exilerating to drive so I would not say you would miss that AWD if that was the example at hand.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

The burnouts are all you will miss. These cars handle better than most cars double there price.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably but I find I enjoy the feel of not spinning and jsut constant acceleration!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:14 PM

yes, u will miss it!!!!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

more stupid questions.

Will the Evo make me look FAT? Will my mommy like the Evo better than my Jetta? Is blue better than red? SHADDUP!

Quick Reply: LAST QUESTION will I miss RWD