Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Reliability + More Power!! :D

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reliability + More Power!! :D

Well I'm pretty much set in getting this car by the end of summer (hopefully just in time for the dreaded Philly winter that will make up for not being in full force this past season) and have been reading this forum for a good long while. Seeing how overseas have this car beefed up to 330 up to 400 horses I suspect that those Evos must be noticably reliable for Mitsu to back.

While I MAY be happy with just the stock power for a good few months of driving this thing it's a tempting thought and wanted to know what's a good "reliable" way to beef it up to at least 30-50 horseys or just what to expect overall reliability wise and drivability in traffic.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

you haven't heard of Mitsu warrantys? Neither has anyone else.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

IMO, the first thing you should do is a Turbo back exhaust(including the O2 housing). You will notice an increase in power, spool up time, better throttle response, amazing sounds, and good looks.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

I think a flash is the biggest bang for the buck and get a TBE. You should at least put you over 310 WHP easily. For the 02 housing it is a pain in the *** to do it is not a 1 hr job. Most likely will take you 3+hrs. Just dont drive the car like you stole it everyday and your car should pretty much hold up well unless you get a bad one. Even stock if you drive it really hard it will not hold up, it a car not a tank.