Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Check out this 2003.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out this 2003.

Take a look at this 2003. What do you think?

Click Here
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it ok
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Ok .... man you kids ain't learned yet. Don't buy used performance cars . You never know what you are getting into . It is hard enough to learn about the car, never the less make yourself broke by trying to get it just to run. My .02
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Aux.
Ok .... man you kids ain't learned yet. Don't buy used performance cars . You never know what you are getting into . It is hard enough to learn about the car, never the less make yourself broke by trying to get it just to run. My .02
Theres nothing wrong with buying a used evo. just have it looked at before you buy it (not by the dealer).

Not everyone can afford a brand new 35k car.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

So during the last Dynoflash tuning here in Tucson i had the privlage to meet a young man who happened to buy a used Evo from a dealership in Texas.... he was missing his drive shaft . So if you get it checked out make sure the dealership will let you take it off their lot and if it is sold by a private seller...take it to a performance shop that knows what there looking for so you don't end up missing you down pipe bolts like the young man i met here . But have fun.... buy a used car that did cost $35K
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

how many miles?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with buying used cars if their checked out before you buy. I bought mine used and im glad I did cause that 10k+ that it saved me can go towords other things. So yea I learned your 10k+ more in debt than me.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:56 PM

I agree, I bought mine used also with tons of mods and it runs perfect. Saved me
bunch of money for further upgrades too
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

I bought mines brand spankin new when it first came out. The dealership offered to sell me a used evo but I refused. Knowing what I know now I should have taken the used one. Its all in how much you know about the car you are getting and what to look for. If you don't know jack about cars then yeah go with a brand new one, but if your are an enthusiast then you know what comes along when buying a high performance vehicle, sooner or later somethings gonna break and you are going to wish you could've save as much money as you can when purchasing your vehicle.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aux.

let's see my car sold for a little over 40,000 when brand new , it is a 2003. i am the third owner and bought it w/ 10xxx miles for $22xxx. it has a nice amount of work done to it and runs like a champ. i saved 18xxx dollars and still got the same car, so I am going to have to disagree with your comment. I understand what your saying, but there are ways of preventing getting screwed like some of the others here have stated. I learned my lesson a few cars back about buying brand new vehicles and will more than likely never do it again.

In reference to JBRAD's question, you need to get as much info about the car as possible. That doesn't even show the cars mileage.

Last edited by joseph k; Jun 9, 2006 at 11:40 PM. Reason: jbrad
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

The name of the dealership is "Macdaddy"- hahahaa