Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Arbitration - P0300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smog

no, you will not pass smog. As soon as you pull up and they see you have a check engine light you fail and they give u a deadline to fix it. If you dont fix it your lic. will be suspended.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Muramasa
I just passed warranty. My reason being is all the dealerships that I went to kept telling me to wait for the re-flash and it will fix it. After 2 flashes, nothign was fixed and so I started doing research and collecting information it wasn't until later that I learned what Lemon Law was and by that time it was too late, from what an attorney told me, and so I resorted to Arbitration. The arbitration claims that I did not support enough evidence that the P0300 is a manufacturers defect and mitsubishi in their defense statement already made the claim they ruled out any interference from aftermarket parts. So if its nothing that I did, the only other party to blame is the Manufacturer and Mitsubishi claims the Illumination of the SES light does nothing to impair driveability, value, safety, etc of the vehicle. Pretty much they are claiming the SES light just goes on for show and doesn't do anything. Also they claim that the P0300 doesnt affect the drive train or any other mechanical part of the car but for warranty work they have to change the 5th gear spline.. they are totally contridicting themselves. I believe I have a chance to win, I just need more ways to show them (arbitration) that this is a Manufacturers defect. I am hoping statements that show the difficuly in driveability, any other information would help my case. I have a slight suspicion that Mitsubishi might be bribing the Arbitrators but who knows. =)

Sorry if my spelling is off.

I have been also hearing that no car will pass smog if your SES light is on. I am still researching that.
Mitsubishi claims the Illumination of the SES light does nothing to impair driveability, value, safety, etc of the vehicle. Pretty much they are claiming the SES light just goes on for show and doesn't do anything.

Are they Crazy! Ask a smog rep if your car will smog with a SES Light! You can not even sell your car with a SES light. The smog tech will scan your PCM and be able to tell when and how many times the light (P0300) has been thrown. Your car is worth nothing without a smog cert. Get a letter from the state smog rep.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zmeli
Is your car still under Warranty? I had an attorney lemon law my 04 because of P0300. I had a check in my hand in 30 Days!

Problem? Defect? I was told by Mitsubishi that the transmission was emitting a resonance frequency that mimicked the knock sensor therefore triggering a false check engine (SES) light. Something to do with the emissions controls being too sensitive.
This is word for word what I always thought the problem was. Almost like they just read it off this site and started using it as their own knowledge. lol

Muramasa, I sued Mitsubishi for this and came up short. I hope you do well. You can read about it here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=149954
Old Jun 20, 2006, 04:08 PM

[I just passed warranty. My reason being is all the dealerships that I went to kept telling me to wait for the re-flash and it will fix it.]

If you told them about this before your warranty expired, shouldn't you be covered?
Old Jun 20, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregb
[I just passed warranty. My reason being is all the dealerships that I went to kept telling me to wait for the re-flash and it will fix it.]

If you told them about this before your warranty expired, shouldn't you be covered?
"should" is the key word there, and not all dealerships will tell you "yes" unfortunately.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Muramasa,

I got your envelope today. I will make photocopies of my records and write a brief summary at work tomorrow and send it out to you.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:07 PM

I had a PO300 on my car a week after i bought it. I took it to the dealership and they told me they had to reflash it, but they don't have the software for the 2006 model. Now, after that i started to modify my car, but still have a cel. What can I do?
Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

I had p0300 when the car was stock. THey cleared my code (multiple times) and was promised a reflash when it became available. WHen it was released, they denied it to me saying the code wasn't in my ecu anymore. I ended up saying the f#$% with it and modded the hell out of my car, and subsequently ended up fixing the problem in the process as it hasn't come back. Go figure.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:25 PM

how did you fix it.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not entirely sure. I do know I haven't seen it since I switched spark plugs and internals. Other than that, I don't have an intelligent "do this and it will fix it" answer.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Thank for everything. All that I know is Mitsubishi is not willing to take responsibility. In their defense they have used all sorts of claims which does not make any sense. I have tried to get advice from a lawyer but the lawyer says the only choice availible is a class action suit but that is out of the question for me. I am going to try arbitration 1 more time. Other than that.. I don't know what to do anymore.

I have found out with proper tuning the P0300 barely occurs. It occurs worse when close to stock.

I have also found out that when using 76 and mobile, the P0300 occurs more frequently and when trying Chevron, it still occurs but at a lower rate.

HOtrod248: Thank you very much. I appreciate everything you can do to help. Thank you.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
So, has anything changed in your situation yet?

By the way, please shred all that info I sent you when you are done with the arbitrtation.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

i had the code show up too. Someting about vibration i think. They did something to the trans to fix it.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Muramasa
Thank for everything. All that I know is Mitsubishi is not willing to take responsibility. In their defense they have used all sorts of claims which does not make any sense. I have tried to get advice from a lawyer but the lawyer says the only choice availible is a class action suit but that is out of the question for me. I am going to try arbitration 1 more time. Other than that.. I don't know what to do anymore.

I have found out with proper tuning the P0300 barely occurs. It occurs worse when close to stock.

I have also found out that when using 76 and mobile, the P0300 occurs more frequently and when trying Chevron, it still occurs but at a lower rate.

HOtrod248: Thank you very much. I appreciate everything you can do to help. Thank you.
Muramasa, did you buy the car new in Cali? If not, does it still have a warranty? Do you have a ton of mods?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

I know the 03-04's are prone to having that problem recently i threw that same code changed the plugs and havent had it back on since...

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Arbitration - P0300