Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Arbitration - P0300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Arbitration - P0300

Dear All Members:

If you have the P0300 problem is it possible you could write me a statement. I just finished an Arbitration with the NCDS and they claim that I did not provide evidence to support the claim that this P0300 is a Manufacturing Defect.

Is there anyone that can help me? Please fax any statements with your signature:

(626) 254-1263

I have recieved 1 statement from one of our members. Any other statements would be greatly helpful.

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Please use this fax number. My current one is having problems

(626) 839-4608
Old Jun 10, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know that it is a manufacturing defect..unless people are having the problem with their stock, unmodified cars and the po300 code.....

If they are then by all means speak up...I am just glad I dont have this issue...(knocks on wood)
Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have/had the p0300 problem. Even had Mitsubishi reflash the ECU. Nothing really solved the problem until I started using a CReader to keep plugged in.

Since then I have seriously started modding, and in the process I have reduced the problem to the point where I don't think the Creader is nessesary anymore.

I solved the problem by putting a larger exhaust with high flow cat, and then using ECUFlash (available from openEcu.org) I have been able to upload a ROM image that has significantly reduced the incidence of the P0300 problem, and according to the logs I have, has reduced the amount of knock altogether..

as for your legal campain against Mitsubishi... good luck. With all the money you have paid your lawyer, you could have taken the same path that I have and fixed it yourself.

good luck making your lawyer rich, I want no part of this.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Umm.. Arbitration is Free. There is no lawyer. I am just hoping members would be kind enough to give me a statement of the following:

Description of how the P0300 affects the vehicle.
What Mitsubishi has done and if it has fixed the problem and if you currently still have the P0300.

Your name and a signature along with the date so I can present for Arbitration.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Please? Anyone willing to fax me some statements? Please please?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I almost went to arbitration over this. They ended up doing a courtesy buy back before it went that far. My car was pretty much stock when it happened. The only parts I had on it were springs and a turbo timer.

I'll post a link to the thread I started that covers my ordeal in a minute.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Here they are:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=63171

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=66155

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67035

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72761

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64238

I also have the tech's notes but, no fax/scanner here at home. Sorry.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you for those that have sent me statements. I really appreciate it. Is there anyone else that could send me statements also? Please fax me them. I am going to submit it very soon.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

did the arbitrator rule yet? if he/she did, everything is mute. you cannot go through it twice or appeal the decision based off of new evidence. did the abitrator tell you to get more evidence or something. and does mitsu pay for arbitration or the losing party? someone has to. i am mostly playing devil's advocate, I hope you stick it to them. they are tools. g/l.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
did the arbitrator rule yet? if he/she did, everything is mute. you cannot go through it twice or appeal the decision based off of new evidence. did the abitrator tell you to get more evidence or something. and does mitsu pay for arbitration or the losing party? someone has to. i am mostly playing devil's advocate, I hope you stick it to them. they are tools. g/l.

They ruled already and I spoken to my contact person in the Arbitration and she told me if I didn't accept the decision I should write a letter back to her and all evidence again since one of my packages (documents for rubuttal) never got there because UPS F&^* up so she said she will see what she can do. There is no payment of any sort.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Is your car still under Warranty? I had an attorney lemon law my 04 because of P0300. I had a check in my hand in 30 Days!

Problem? Defect? I was told by Mitsubishi that the transmission was emitting a resonance frequency that mimicked the knock sensor therefore triggering a false check engine (SES) light. Something to do with the emissions controls being too sensitive.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

i get the same code but i have the xede and cams and a turbo kit. so i dont know if that is why or not.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:39 AM

had same problem

i had an 03 evo and had the same problem i took it to the dealer and the tech told me it was my trans. He said that from the manufac. they did not shim the trans right and there was to much play causing a knock. The knock sensor was picking it up as knock from the engine. Thats why the P0300 (random mis. ) would come up while youre driving aroud 60-80 mph. He said it was under warranty and they rebuilt my trans at no cost.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

I just passed warranty. My reason being is all the dealerships that I went to kept telling me to wait for the re-flash and it will fix it. After 2 flashes, nothign was fixed and so I started doing research and collecting information it wasn't until later that I learned what Lemon Law was and by that time it was too late, from what an attorney told me, and so I resorted to Arbitration. The arbitration claims that I did not support enough evidence that the P0300 is a manufacturers defect and mitsubishi in their defense statement already made the claim they ruled out any interference from aftermarket parts. So if its nothing that I did, the only other party to blame is the Manufacturer and Mitsubishi claims the Illumination of the SES light does nothing to impair driveability, value, safety, etc of the vehicle. Pretty much they are claiming the SES light just goes on for show and doesn't do anything. Also they claim that the P0300 doesnt affect the drive train or any other mechanical part of the car but for warranty work they have to change the 5th gear spline.. they are totally contridicting themselves. I believe I have a chance to win, I just need more ways to show them (arbitration) that this is a Manufacturers defect. I am hoping statements that show the difficuly in driveability, any other information would help my case. I have a slight suspicion that Mitsubishi might be bribing the Arbitrators but who knows. =)

Sorry if my spelling is off.

I have been also hearing that no car will pass smog if your SES light is on. I am still researching that.

Originally Posted by zmeli
Is your car still under Warranty? I had an attorney lemon law my 04 because of P0300. I had a check in my hand in 30 Days!

Problem? Defect? I was told by Mitsubishi that the transmission was emitting a resonance frequency that mimicked the knock sensor therefore triggering a false check engine (SES) light. Something to do with the emissions controls being too sensitive.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Arbitration - P0300