Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cops with nothing to do are pulling people over in San Mateo County

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude ive been pull over for no lights and doing qa burnout on a public street and i got pulled over and they asked for my parents phone and called them and told them that i had exsessive wheel spin but i explained to the cop that the car has tcs and its raining and the headlight thing i told him it has auto activated headlights and they take a few seconds to kick-in if the car was shut off when it was still light outside.....lol man i love chicago south suburbs cops...lol
Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

I would advise you to Join "Pre-paid legal", I got a ticket for speeding in a construction zone(the only ticket I've had in years), all I did was call and open a case, fax the ticket, then an attorney called me back and asked a few questions. He said he would take it to court and I need not attend. Two weeks later I was sent a copy of the "Dismissed citation" and that was that. My son just got one the other day and they will represent him too. I get free legal advice and free representation on any traffic matters. Cost me $26.00 a month and I get a deduction too.
The "osifer" was tottally in the wrong, it's a shame you had to put up with that crap!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

haha everyone with police trouble in cali should just come down here to houston.....ive never been pulled (knock on wood) and my friend who has a fairly "moddified" RR evo with the imo extremely loud catless helix tbe got pulled twice both times the cops never questioned the legality of his setup. Anyway id just like to see a larger import scene down here (not the ricey civics).....
Old Jun 12, 2006, 08:34 PM

I've read eveyone's post and ya it definitely boogles my mind to think that this guy is with the law. Like I said the Motorcycle cop was a cool cop, he was straight forward and let me know it is bull**** but if I just do some subtle changes I should be fine. This I can respect from a cop. I don't mind admitting if I've done something wrong but that fat cop with alot to say was just insulting. His insinuations was not need especially for a fix it ticket and for someone that was already parked at a Best Buy parking lot.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Cops down in your area sound pretty uptight. I was driving around on the highway and my upper IC pipe blew off and i had no screwdriver or wrench so I called my friend to drop one off, while I was waiting a cop (sheriff) pulls up behind me in the shoulder.

He asks me what the problem is on my brand new car ( no plates yet) I told him i put in the hks rs intake and must have forgotten to retighten that clamp. He then takes a closer look at it and asked me what it does. I paused and mumbled it to him that it enhances the stock bov and increases air flow. This is the strange part, he says "bull**** I know what an intake is and I havent really gotten the chance to ask anyone but do you think I would benefit from one if I put it on my truck for better gas mileage since gas prices are so expensive."

Just be friendly and smile alot I guess sounds kind of gay but hey it works. whatever you do, dont backtalk
Old Jun 12, 2006, 09:20 PM
Account Disabled

I got nailed in Cali by some fine members of the law enforcement community

I also was parked in a customer's car and recieved a ticket becuse he had a AEM exhuast manifold - cost me $375

This scene in cali is going to have an effect on car moders
Old Jun 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

NorCal is getting rediculous. Is this trend the same for all of California? I'm about to move to San Diego with my Evo IX and WRX and I don't want to deal with this stupid headache from the cops. Both cars are modded... and I'm approaching 30. Also, are they focusing on the import crowd or are they ticketing the Mustang guys as well?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

ive been drivign moddd cars for 6 years or so, and ive only gotten one fix it ticket ever, (modified exhaust) and all of my cars have been catless. WHile the cops are pretty moronic out here regarding mods, if you are very carefull and turn off streets quickly when you see them in traffic you can generally evade harassment.

But honestly.. i wish the police would devote more time to more pressing matters, ie shooting, stealing and other more important crimes.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

I find these threads interesting. They seem to be targeting imports (no thanks to all the honda ricers in the past) than domestics. I would love to see statistics of import versus domestics when it comes to ticketing. Personally I get more revs and stupid activity from mustangs and such than I do imports. I am glad I currently reside in Tenn, since they do not enforce anything. I see cars running around without mufflers, no front end, Trash bags instead of windows. Most of the accidents I have seen resulted in domestic versus domestics street races.

Personally I find weird how they can come up to someone in a parking lot and demand to check out our vehicles. Aren't their vehicles modded as well. I would venture to say that a stock crown vics does not come with all of those gadgets. Sort of a double standard I say. If the officer told to me to return to my vehicle, especially when he did not see me operating the vehicle, I would have laughed and continued on my way. How does he know if the vehicle was modded if he did not see/hear it.

I say start carrying recording devices in your vehicle, I guarantee you harrasment will decrease. Just whip it out and push the record button when they come up to the vehicle.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

you know its going to get worst after the movie to fast and furious comes out. I don't think i will be driving my car that much a for a while until this movie is fadded out. f$cken movies likes these are giving us a bad name. did anybody see the movie cars this last weeken. at the end there were imports that got busted and imponded. how stereo typing $hit is that. maybe I should take off my wing and put a chevy symbol and a zo6 emblem
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mmelmann
NorCal is getting rediculous. Is this trend the same for all of California? I'm about to move to San Diego with my Evo IX and WRX and I don't want to deal with this stupid headache from the cops. Both cars are modded... and I'm approaching 30. Also, are they focusing on the import crowd or are they ticketing the Mustang guys as well?
Are you joking? San Diego is probably the worst place in the nation for modified cars. The police even have a dedicated "street racing" division.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xenoturkey
Are you joking? San Diego is probably the worst place in the nation for modified cars. The police even have a dedicated "street racing" division.
Well crapola. I may have to get back into the BMW scene again. Liberals suck.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Detroit cops don't care unless you're murdering someone, and the cops in the burbs don't really bother you unless they see you racing/burning out/doing something stupid....I've driven in front of/next to/behind lots of cops (have buschur tbe w/test pipe) and have never been pulled over...I guess it only takes one though...
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

it's been hell around socal this few days too....it's ridiculous how many cops i see everyday on the street...

havn't gotten pulled over though, i'd hate to be harassed for no reason.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its not that bad in san diego, they came up with racelegal reduce racing in the streets, doubt it. drive a s2000 only got pullen over once, for going 55 in a 40, there was about 10 cars that was pulled over, and cited me down for not having front license.