Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Changing out the negative terminal thats connects to battery....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing out the negative terminal thats connects to battery....

Has anyone ever done this or replaced their terminal?

Why: I installed my nisei mini battery kit this weekend. Awesome kit, BTW!

But, I noticed a bunch of wires being all pulled together by the postiive terminal connector. I undid a gold metal brace and cleaned up the wiring, but no luck, seemed like it was still a stretch. You can kind of see in the picture below

Anyways, I let it be and checked on it today and found that the terminal was actually being pulled by the wires and decided to try and do it a little differently.

I decided to swap side and place the positive closer to the firewall. This seemed to work for me, except the negative terminal wire was too short.

I noticed it was bolted to the shock mount side with a small 10mm bolt. I undid it (re-bolted back other wires grounded there) and it immediately loosened up.

I was able to connect it now (see pic below). I drove the car around and didnt see any issues with voltage etc. But, I am worried. I would like to be able to still ground that piece back there.

My idea is to cut the wire below the terminal, add some 8 gauge and use an aftemarket terminal. Anyone done this - Please post a pic. Big stereo mod people - you must be using an aftermarket terminal, right? Pics, please?

Ok, I must sound **** and sorta nuts for doing this, but there are 2 reasons for doing this:

1) I am **** and the bay didnt look clean. The positive wiring would interfere with my nisei piping or rub against it.

2) I needed a location to mount a catch can. Here are pics from my testfit today!

Any help appreciated! Thanks!