Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Transfer case replacement!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck. Let us know what happens.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mdosu
yeah man, I'm scared the wrong fluid problems....I pick up my Evo tomorrow for the fixed T-case. I asked 3 times before the work whether he had Mitsu. Diaqueen..and the head mechanic said yes he did. I even offered him my diaqueen if he didn't have any.

So what I'm going to do tomorrow is this...I'm going to go take my can of Diaqueen with me when I pick up my car and ask him 1 more time whether he used this exact fluid..if he had any heisitation, I'm going to offer for him to use my fluid and change the t-case fluid on the spot...
Hey man just caust they used diaqueen does not mean anything. The manual gear oil all the dealershipers were given is also called diaqueen, however its for the 6 speed mr tranny. So if you called and asked if they used diaqueen they will says yes, LOL. You need to ask if the can they poured it out of a can that said "Diaqueen LSD oil". Trust me on this, give them a call and ask this or go to the dealership and view the can your self. I think you wil be suprised. The word "diaqueen" does not mean its for the TC, just means its a form of mitsu oil.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

^^ correct, I understand. I'm literally taking my Diaqueen LSD Gear oil with me and ask him to verify his can/jug/container for the exact same stuff.

I'm going to flat ask whether it's LSD Gear Oil or Multi-Gear Oil.

Also, you're pretty sure dealer's LSD Gear Oil are in the same can I use and not a drum?

What about the MR Multi-Gear oil at the dealer? Is that in drums or also in simliar looking cans?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:51 PM

Well, a got a call from the guys at the dealership today and got some ****ty news...they said unless he can prove that he had a stock clutch installed they won't fix it under warranty. Here is where **** gets weird, I started asking the guy a bunch of questions so I could give Jason the full low-down on the car and I think he lied to me. One thing I asked about was if the clutch install had anything to do with the transfercase...he said that what they did would not effect the t-case. I start reading up on installing a clutch and i'm not sure if this is true, but you have to either move or remove the transfercase to install the clutch. So in my eyes he lied to me because he knew what I was getting to (he even said that), maybe something happened during the clutch install to jack that case up. I'm pretty sure this is the same place that installed it too.

Here's my thought on it...I think they didn't do something right when that clutch went in. The car sat for a few weeks until I could get it over there so if the transfer case was all tore up, wouldn't it be leaking something?? Well, there wasn't a drop of anything on the ground from it and Kev said it was all dry when it took a ****.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

I would drain the tc fluid and compare it to new diaqueen lsd fluid. If you wan you can put a few oz's in a bottle and **** it to me. Ill tell ya if they used the wrong stuff or not. 99% of the time when a clutch is swaped the tc is drained. SO chances are they filled it up with wrong stuff. pm me
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:01 AM

is there a certain diaqueen fluid to use?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, there are many types of diaqueen. the one you need is LSD gear oil. It will say this in big letters on the can. If you dont use that then you get the symptoms you are refering to at about 500mile or 2 months.