Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Share same body/frame with...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4ced20v
Thank you captian obvious.. I was just seeing if it was as horrible saftey wise as the normal lancer
Yes, it is not great in side impact crash tests. The Lancer and the Lancer Evolution both received only 2 stars out of 5 in NHSTA side impact crash test ratings...

http://www.safercar.gov/
Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:21 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Guess what....we're all going to die anyway.

If you're so scared of an accident that you'd choose a bucket of shlt mkV Jetta over an Evo, then you're not in the Evo demographic anyway.

I hear the new Camry's are nice, big squishy seats for your moist vagina and lots and lots of airbags.
Wow killer, unknot your panties please, I'll wait.....

You got them? good

It was a simple question, I do not own a mkv jetta, nor do I own a evo.. I just think its sad that a company would build a car that gets a 40% on a side impact rating and then try to sell it for 30k.. Or hell sell it at all... If you are that worried about the 15lbs that a decent b pillar would add, over the saftey of your friends and family I feel sorry for them.. cheers to those ignorant enough to defend a car that is obviously dangerous, let alone mock me for questioning it.

This alone would make me think twice before buying an evo, as it should all of you, maybe then mitsu would fix thier mistake even if it adds so much weight that it adds .005 seconds for its 0-60
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Guess what....we're all going to die anyway.

If you're so scared of an accident that you'd choose a bucket of shlt mkV Jetta over an Evo, then you're not in the Evo demographic anyway.

I hear the new Camry's are nice, big squishy seats for your moist vagina and lots and lots of airbags.

Take it easy... I'm not saying that I agree with this guy or that I support Jetta's or even EVO's for that matter, but it was a simple question with a good intention. So let the guy ask his question and if you dont like the question then dont waste your time commenting in this thread.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by App420
Just because a car is totalled... doesn't mean that the airbags are going to come out. I got my mustang cut in half by a telephone pole w/ no airbag deployment.... in some situations if it is deployed it can make the damage worse, which is why there are certain trigger points.
exactly exp geting t-boned its not going to open..
Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

This is not good!! I was going to enter mine in the local crash derby and see how long it can last.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:30 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This alone would make me think twice before buying an evo, as it should all of you, maybe then mitsu would fix thier mistake even if it adds so much weight that it adds .005 seconds for its 0-60
Don't buy one. Problem solved.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

i have heard or saw a few evos rolling and no one getting a scratch as well as several front and rear impacts. I few people have been killed in high speed evo accidents, but any car would have had the same outcome considering the speeds they were traveling and what they hit. side impact is the worst on an evo though. don't use that as the end all be all.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

It was a simple question, I do not own a mkv jetta, nor do I own a evo.. I just think its sad that a company would build a car that gets a 40% on a side impact rating and then try to sell it for 30k.. Or hell sell it at all... If you are that worried about the 15lbs that a decent b pillar would add, over the saftey of your friends and family I feel sorry for them.. cheers to those ignorant enough to defend a car that is obviously dangerous, let alone mock me for questioning it.
I bought the evo and know it is not the safest of all cars. Yes they may add a 15lb buffer which would make is a bit safer, but if they added a 100 lb one then it would be even more safer. On the same train of thought, I should have purchased a 6k pound SUV which would perform much better then my evo in side impact.

It all boils down to how much you are willing to compromise. The evo is a performance car and that was it was built to do, perform. If the negative aspects of a performance car outweigh your desire to have one, then the Evo is not meant for you.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:40 PM

Wow killer, unknot your panties please, I'll wait.....

You got them? good

then don't get one or if you do get one buy a full autopower roll cage for $1000
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hkysk8r07
then don't get one or if you do get one buy a full autopower roll cage for $1000
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Not safe my ****....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=207658