Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"My broken heart", or "Bad people violating my LanEVO"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what part of San Diego do you live?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that blows. Same question as niglet... Where in SD do you live? I live in Chula Vista and it is pretty safe down here, but then again, I am pretty much stock.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

what part of sd? sucks
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the car repaired, then take it to a nice place to have the car portered. All your woes will go away. It could have easily been your life that was stolen.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

That sux, with the EVO being #2 on the list, I am wondering when will it happen to me? There are not as many EVO's on the road as other cars. They are rather rare. At the same time, atleast the whole car was not stolen. There are some people on here that wish there car was just broken into....sorry to hear about this....good luck with the repairs.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:45 AM

Rancho Penasquitos, officially, I think. Pretty much stock here too. No preformance upgrades yet, if that is what you're asking. Unfortunately, no garage. Can't afford a garage with a house attached in this market. Will strongly be looking to move again with all this crap.

And to add to the pain, several months ago I looked down and noticed my front mounted intercooler screen (the chicken wire) was folded over and bend outward on both top corners, with slight damage to the bumper. You just know what THAT means, don't you... Little did they know that removal of the FMIC is not a 30 second job...

As for the faceplate who's buttons are fading, its been having some "attachment issues". Recently its decided to mate with the HU for life. It still doesn't excuse the person responsible for what had happened.

I like the "stick a blank faceplate in there" idea. Or maybe I could detach the stock faceplace and swap the two as I leave the car. I don't hear many stock radios being jacked. I would hate to go through the hastle of removing the HU from the car every time.

But how do you deter the "ok, lets TRY to steal something anyways" and you end up with broken glass once again? I'm worried because my sister's Ford Taurus (no, it wasn't a pimped out ride) was broken into just so they could steal the change laying in the center console. Like, WTF? You basically have to have absolutely NOTHING worth stealing in the car... But what is less than a $0.99 hammer and 30 seconds of your time? Then there are those that do it "just because". Hmmm, what if you positively pressurized the cabin so the cutting glass would blow outward...
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that bro... my car was broken into too when i only had the car for 2 months... they didn't steal anything because the car was stock... they pop the hood too... don't know what they are looking for.... but yeah.. it sucks to be in So.Cal... it is sad but i was kinda expecting this type of things will happen... there's not much you can do with all the low-life in the area.... hope you are ok....
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

penasquitos is a decent area that is strange that both your caars got broken in to I like in granite hills right past el cajon no probs yet ( knock on wood)

btw the grill being folded back in both corners is like that on alll evos mine is too
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you in that community off carmel mt road on the west side of the 15? If so, that doesn't suprise me. RPQ is nice pretty much everywhere except that little area it seems. Oh well, mine was victim as was the rest of the cars parked on the same street while we were at a party... all the cars got smashed windows, trunks popped, all kinds of stuff stolen. The thing that sucked the worst was that this party was a "luau" so eveyone wore their board shorts i.e no pockets so all the wallets, ids, purses, cell phones and stuff went in the trunks, which all was stolen. And yeah, you pretty much can't have anything visible in the car, except maybe the Club on your steering wheel. People suck.