Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"My broken heart", or "Bad people violating my LanEVO"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2006, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"My broken heart", or "Bad people violating my LanEVO"

Yes, its another sad story of bad people doing bad things, like rubbing their hairy a** in to my Recaro seats:
On the night of June 13, 2006 around 4AM, my beloved 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII was rudely violated. Stolen was:

I knew only about this when the upstairs neighbours were banging on my window to wake me up. I was sleeping through the alarm, like you do at night at 4AM. Photos:

http://shampooshampoo.com/stereo.html

Its not so much the missing parts as they can be replaced, sort of. I loved my out-of-print V12 series amp. The crossovers came with the MB Quart PWE-160 speakers, so I might end up buying new speakers if I can't get the crossovers separately. The 7995 had time correction and MediaXpander, which only the $1600 Apline unit has for 2006.

Its more of a feeling. That I had a punk sitting right there in my Recaro drivers seat, touching the curves on my car with his dirty, filthy hands. Other than the shards of glass everywhere and the damaged MOMO Leather wrapped steering wheel specially designed for the car, my heart is tainted with the knowledge that my car has been violently violated with an evil presence. I don't really know how to react. I just know I want things like they were before I went to sleep the night of the 13th.

Now I'm in a situation which I need to pay a $500 deductible. Ask, insist, plead, verify that genuine Mitsubishi parts are installed. Pay for what insurrance won't cover. It seems kind of low balling at $310 installed for two LanEVO windows. Significant hassle and significant financial burden for the poor victim. In San Diego "this happens all the time" so the police do not bother about coming out to take a look.

I know I know, it happens all the time. But being in the #2 spot for the most stollen vehicle, why didn't they just take a whole car? At least I won't be left with the mental pain of "sitting in THAT seat".

Its totally different when you're the victim. What to do, what to do… What can I do better next time? No, I rent and therefore do not have a garage. But we do have a security patrol. I guess they were taking that night off. Maybe it is time to move. I'm a little disapointed in my fellow humans. Can't we just all get along? Why must some people be ******? Stupid people.

Old Jun 15, 2006, 06:19 PM
      Evolved Member

Wow, lots of bad luck lately. Sorry to hear man.

O man, im really sorry to see that man. Id be in jail for murder if that happened to me!
      Evolved Member

wow man, that SUCKS.. really f'ing REDICULOUS... good luck with that...
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 06:43 PM

No good leads, unfortunately. Someone out there stole a part of my soul and I'm pissed at that. So, what happens in a month when they drive by and scope out my beloved again?
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 06:51 PM
      Evolved Member

why are there so much of this **** happening recently?

i'm sorry tcollins...install a camera and get those SOB's on tape next time....then call ur buddies and me up and beat the living **** outta them (i wish it were this easy)

**** like this makes me really paranoid everytime i eat at a restaurant with my car out of my view in the lot....
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 06:59 PM
      Evolving Member

Yeah bro I know how you feel. I went out to go to work about a month and a half ago and my Evo was sitting on cinderblocks. *****es stole my rims. It is a terrible feeling. Now the car is garage kept. Thieves are such bastards, I wish all of them a cruel and painful death.
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:02 PM
      Evolving Member

happned to me in front of my house....and i have 2 cops that live on my street....

one quick questions tho...did u install all that stuff yourself or did you pay someone or did u pay a shop....

if you paid somone or shop, you probably filled out a form and gave them your addresss.... now they now where to go and what to take

sorry to hear...but never give your address to a shop.... they are the ones who usually come back around and steal your sound equipment
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:04 PM

I usually park the furthest away from most other vehicles in the parking lot to avoid accidental car damage, but that seems to attract all the POS vehicles because they know I'm not going to ding THEIR doors. Or I try to park between two Ferraris. Or anything to minimize the potential of damage, like parking to the right of everyone because all left doors open, but fewer right doors open. But what do you do when it is at home?
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:10 PM

No, didn't get any shop to do the install. EVERYTIME I drive, I do a full 360 around the car to check for anomalies first. Paranoid? Surely. Not exactly preventative, but more so if something happened, I know where it happened and approximately when.
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:11 PM
      Evolving Member

tcollins, did u leave your face on your head unit that day? do u usually take it with you or do u leave it on all the time?
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:16 PM
      Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
      fking *****es. i hate thief
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:52 PM

That really sux man. Sorry to hear that.
      Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:55 PM

"sitting in THAT seat".

You should take out your seats and say they were stolen too. O but that would be illegal.
      Old Jun 16, 2006, 08:13 AM

It feels like he gizzed on my seat. Not that he did as that would waste time. But that's the feeling you get: Your car has been violated; you have been violated; they didn't use any KY. My precious is no longer pure of heart.