Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Idle Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle Issues

Hey all,

see Sig for my mods, but heres the story

I live at 5500 ft above sea level, and with the cams (WORKS 269) my idle vacuum is -0.46 bar to -0.5 bar (-6.72 psi to -7.35psi)

Car idles fine, but then almost dies (sub 500 rpm) then pics up. it does it when parking (power steering working) and if the ambient temp is hot.

I adjusted the idle screw on the top of the TB, it works for about 20 seconds then it seems the ECU compensates for it and lowers the idle, would like it to idle at about 950rpm

Is there any harm in adjusting the accelerator cable bracket on the intake manifold so it holds the rpm at ~950 (like you keeping your foot on the pedal all the time)?

Was worried about stuff like the TPS unable to recalibrate its self when you turn the car on/off.

I've tried it and it works perfectly, just worried there is something I don't know about.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by Boosted GP; Jun 16, 2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

My car has been doing this from the beginning (still stock). I really only notice it when I park in my garage. I rev up, coast in quickly and push in the clutch again and stop, and I can feel/hear my car dip a bit low in the rpm range. but then just comes back to life in a second.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

yea, do not leave your throttle open like that. You will have many problems in time. IMO