Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evokiller
i have my facts straight. i was in fact straightening yours. i have the whole Quick 16 results in my hand in Turbo mag issue 180 (Jan 06). did you attend the event? yea exactly.

no evo ran quicker than BV in the quick 16. none. zero. zip. nada. it didn't have to be heads up. NAME ME ONE EVO THAT RAN FASTER THAN BV'S 10.5 IN THE QUICK 16. go ahead.

who AMS? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.17sec. who Buschur? nope. their fastest was 10.9secs. who TTrix? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.5secs.

another myth...."but the EVOs swept everything" HAHAHA....yeah, everything except for the quick 16.

get your head out of your ***. with your stupid point of view, running the fastest 100yd dash in qualifying guarantees you the gold medal in the olympics.

Hahahaha you are hilarious.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

HHAHAHAA....dude. a Wally is the trophy you win in NHRA Sport Compact drag racing. it's not rally. Sean Ivey has a few in his closet.

umm....their times already eclipse any full weight evo.

when is the e-town event?
Well we will see how they do head to head, E-Town is usually later in the year. Ok, I'm starting to see what the problem is with these events, I'll wait for results from E-Town though.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
back to topic please
any fast dsm's?
+1 any info on the DSM's?!?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

i have my facts straight. i was in fact straightening yours. i have the whole Quick 16 results in my hand in Turbo mag issue 180 (Jan 06). did you attend the event? yea exactly.

no evo ran quicker than BV in the quick 16. none. zero. zip. nada. it didn't have to be heads up. NAME ME ONE EVO THAT RAN FASTER THAN BV'S 10.5 IN THE QUICK 16. go ahead.

who AMS? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.17sec. who Buschur? nope. their fastest was 10.9secs. who TTrix? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.5secs.

another myth...."but the EVOs swept everything" HAHAHA....yeah, everything except for the quick 16.

get your head out of your ***. with your stupid point of view, running the fastest 100yd dash in qualifying guarantees you the gold medal in the olympics.
Your quoting results from Jan 06 do you know what month it is??????
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I've figured it out and this shall be my last post in this thread, it has gone way off topic (I can be blamed for this) and it should be deleted.

I have been following these events since the first and have been trying to figure out why these events have been so lopsided in the EVOs favor, don't get me wrong there have been some competitive Subarus, but mostly the events have been dominated by EVOs. Some of the posts by others, like Al for example have made some good points. I'm thinking that these events are set up more for limited budgeted tuners, and they do have a shootout style "anything goes" format to them, which in my opinion just favors the EVOs too much. No disrespect to the Subaru community, but it is apparently obvious that as far as the average tuner goes with limited expenses, the EVO is just more tunable. I know there are fast Subarus, but for every fast Subaru there seems to be three fast EVOs. Not really the Subarus fault, the 4G63 has been around a lot longer in the USA and has a pretty big head start. My opinion, E-Town will be no different and maybe rule changes will need to go into effect for a more competitive event. Just my two cents.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

August 26th = Etown event for the EVO vs WRX/STi
Old Jun 18, 2006, 09:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Ok I've figured it out and this shall be my last post in this thread, it has gone way off topic (I can be blamed for this) and it should be deleted.

I have been following these events since the first and have been trying to figure out why these events have been so lopsided in the EVOs favor, don't get me wrong there have been some competitive Subarus, but mostly the events have been dominated by EVOs. Some of the posts by others, like Al for example have made some good points. I'm thinking that these events are set up more for limited budgeted tuners, and they do have a shootout style "anything goes" format to them, which in my opinion just favors the EVOs too much. No disrespect to the Subaru community, but it is apparently obvious that as far as the average tuner goes with limited expenses, the EVO is just more tunable. I know there are fast Subarus, but for every fast Subaru there seems to be three fast EVOs. Not really the Subarus fault, the 4G63 has been around a lot longer in the USA and has a pretty big head start. My opinion, E-Town will be no different and maybe rule changes will need to go into effect for a more competitive event. Just my two cents.
I see no reason why this thjread sxhoul;d be deleted as it has great communication and discussion

The bottom line is that suabrus are great cars but inferior to evos

Evo is just the car which has more tuning potential and which will always copme out on top

I think this series of races has shown that the Evo is top dwag

I am still hoping that the subaru contigent will come up with some fast cars but lets face it without $2,000,000 to spend it is very hard to make a fast subaru
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

The bottom line is that suabrus are great cars but inferior to evos

Evo is just the car which has more tuning potential and which will always copme out on top
hahaha.... based on what? these wrx vs evo events where the fastest subarus didn't show up? so you are determining the better car based on attendance?

I am still hoping that the subaru contigent will come up with some fast cars but lets face it without $2,000,000 to spend it is very hard to make a fast subaru
you keep mentioning this $2mil, as if BV spent $2mil, as if rigoli spent $2mil.

how much did AMS spend on their car? $200?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

lol, I cant beleive I just read 10 pages of this and only got a couple responses about the title of the thread. Hopefully now that the race is over, we can get some more responses about the race results.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully at Etown the two fast subarus everyone's always talking about show up to make it a good time.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job Al.
Wont be long before your running very low 9s with a full weight car.
Can you lend me some money? - because we know for a fact you have not spent 2million.
For those who dont know, Al has listed the costs of his build on the BR forum. It is alot cheaper than you think. If you have some spare coin anyone can do it.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys if you want we got some pictures from the races, and will have a little video up tomorrow. Enjoy.

2006 Norwalk Pictures
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by monsta
Nice job Al.
Wont be long before your running very low 9s with a full weight car.
Can you lend me some money? - because we know for a fact you have not spent 2million.
For those who dont know, Al has listed the costs of his build on the BR forum. It is alot cheaper than you think. If you have some spare coin anyone can do it.
Actually its funny that you mention that fact

At this point I have the identical set up - (power train wise) to the Black Buschur Evo 8

Both the cars use ALL Buschur bolt on standard parts - right down to the off the shelf base map firing my cvar today with no tuning

I think the grand total for everything you need to duplicate the same set up is well under $30,000

Of course, I drive the car myself, do most of the wrenching myself and also drive it to the track behind my own car - thus i have no need for a seven person entorage to keep me going down the track

its funny this whole debate as many may remember I used to have a fast WRX - I dumped a small forutune and I was the fastest in the USA at that time winning the former Subaru East coast Shootouts witha best time of 11.88

I realized that my WRX was a bottomless pit for sinking cash after when I picked up my evo and I was the first evo to to 11's just a few weeks after I got with with only a SAFC, MBC, exhuast and a 50 shot of nos

I love STI's and wish i had space to have one of them to play with

They are great cars

Its just time to accept defeat for the subaru crew and realize they are driving cars that are slower than evos - the STI's make up for it with cooler dashes IMHO

Lets keep it real STI guys, today you were

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jun 18, 2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Lets keep it real STI guys, today you were

haha. u suck at the intraw3b.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Would love to see a evo vs wrx shootout in so cal. After all isn't so cal the biggest market in the country for the evo and sti.

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread