Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Actually its funny that you mention that fact

At this point I have the identical set up - (power train wise) to the Black Buschur Evo 8

Both the cars use ALL Buschur bolt on standard parts - right down to the off the shelf base map firing my cvar today with no tuning

I think the grand total for everything you need to duplicate the same set up is well under $30,000

Of course, I drive the car myself, do most of the wrenching myself and also drive it to the track behind my own car - thus i have no need for a seven person entorage to keep me going down the track

its funny this whole debate as many may remember I used to have a fast WRX - I dumped a small forutune and I was the fastest in the USA at that time winning the former Subaru East coast Shootouts witha best time of 11.88

I realized that my WRX was a bottomless pit for sinking cash after when I picked up my evo and I was the first evo to to 11's just a few weeks after I got with with only a SAFC, MBC, exhuast and a 50 shot of nos

I love STI's and wish i had space to have one of them to play with

They are great cars

Its just time to accept defeat for the subaru crew and realize they are driving cars that are slower than evos - the STI's make up for it with cooler dashes IMHO

Lets keep it real STI guys, today you were

I'm not going to start a flame war, but you are quite abrasive in every single post you have to say about Subarus. Coming from the Subaru world as you yourself proclaim everyday, where has all this hatred and need to put down Subarus at EVERY post come from? I'm really trying to understand your mentality here but it seems as if you are out to race for one thing: to shut Subaru owners and the cars up. It seems to be an uphill battle since you're basically stating something that is fact: Modded Evos are FASTER than similarly modded STIs. I'm wondering whether we Subaru owners should simply sign a petition to admit that to you since you seem hellbent on underlining a very obvious and overstated fact. It also leads me to wonder whether something very bad or very negative happened to you which was Subaru related since you have nothing but bad and even worse things to say despite the fact that your car is already consistently in the top brackets. Coming from a business owner, it doesn't seem professional nor does it seem to suit your needs to lay jive at every single turn. Gloating winners have never been appreciated in this lifetime and I don't think you will be starting a trend any time soon.

I do congratulate you on having a very fast car and for having an obvious passion for going very fast in a straight line. Since drag racing has never been part of the Subaru culture I still commend you for trying to get people to take your bait at what is obviously not the reason most Subaru owners purchase their cars.

Good day sir and good luck to you. I fear I shall never understand where you are coming from.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cograts to the Buschur "team", job well done!!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Once again I had a great time at the shootout. Unfortunately the crap upgraded clutch on 4g63Girl's Evo smoked badly on the first launch of the day AND was locking the car out of gears until the RPMs dropped to 5000 or so making it impossible to get a good run. Holds 600 lb/ft of torque my a$$. The car still ran 11s rolling it out and shifting early to take home second place in the Evo vs. WRX class. Exedy twin ceremetallic coming soon.

Congrats to AMS on their new best time. For those who weren't there, it was hot as ***** so their time is extra impressive. We saw intake temps over 145 degrees to give you an idea.

Thanks to Shep for putting on a great show running a 10 second pass with the car failing at the 1/8th and coasting the rest of the way. Best of luck fixing her up.

It was great to meet so many of your out on the town Saturday night and at the show!!!

-Mike
Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I loved that EB 8 ^^^. Nice.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
ftp://ftp.sysadmin-racing.com/videos...lash_final.wmv

Since you didn't respond to me Al, I'll offer up this video. ASLEEP.

I still like you though =)

I just have a lot of fun busting your stones, and besides I get a little bit of slack since you liked my other movie =)
Now thats some funny **** !