Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evokiller
also, the STi was the fastest in the quick 16. if you look at the times that were run in that event, the STi ran the fastest ET, beating all the Evos.
Huh? No it wasn't. It was only running 10.5s and 10.6s. There were 4-5 Evos that ran faster than that in qualifying, but they all eliminated each other. The Gadiel STi didn't have to race a fast Evo until the final round when he faced Al who was only the 4th fastest Evo and broke something during the final run.

Where'd you get the idea that the STi was the fastest in the Quick 16? It wasn't even close...
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read that Al trapped in the 150mph range a couple of times, if this true that's great I wonder what the E.T. was.

I also read that very few Subarus even cracked the 11s. If this is true, then the event between the EVOs and Subarus is getting worse and worse. I'll wait to see how the event at E-town turns out, but if it is more of the same, my personal opinion, we should move onto bigger and better fishes, one competitive Subaru in 5 or 6 events is just not enough competition.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
No it didn't fool, get your facts straight before you post something like this. When it went head to head it won, I give it props for being consistent, but it did not turn in the the Quickest E.T. of the day, nor did it have the highest trap speed, get your facts straight.
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Huh? No it wasn't. It was only running 10.5s and 10.6s. There were 4-5 Evos that ran faster than that in qualifying, but they all eliminated each other. The Gadiel STi didn't have to race a fast Evo until the final round when he faced Al who was only the 4th fastest Evo and broke something during the final run.

Where'd you get the idea that the STi was the fastest in the Quick 16? It wasn't even close...
you 2 need to learn how to read.

this is what i said, " the STi was the fastest in the quick 16."

the fastest evo in the whole quick 16 race was Al with a 10.618, the Big valley STi was faster with a 10.564 run. nobody ran faster than the BV STi.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Or maybe we could hold a drag shootout event in Cali one day
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

i dont belive ANY sti hit 10s this year... the subarus didnt show up to play.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

the fastest evo in the whole quick 16 race was Al with a 10.618, the Big valley STi was faster with a 10.564 run. nobody ran faster than the BV STi.
Again you need to learn how to get your facts straight, people ran faster than BV STi, nobody beat him head to head, but then again he never really had a challenge till the final round. The point is, Subarus just aren't enough competition, talk all the BV you want, but the EVOs swept everything. You and your kind have a foolish interpretation of doing well in an event, winning first is great, but getting swept in everything else really isn't. And according to info coming now, you guys did even worse, wow how pathetic.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

But it's ok evokiller ( or perhaps a better name would be evoloser), I can understand why your kind doesn't show up, I too would be afraid of a superior performance vehicle.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

anyone know why curt brown left early today?? I seen him heading out with the car on the trailer after I got my car flashed by AL.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

at nopi a month ago in valdosta (ceicl, ga south georgia motor sports park) there was an 06 sti, i believe it had perrin decals down the side, and it ran a 9.6
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

But it was not the quickest of anything. There were Evos hitting 9s. The Gadiel STi didn't race any of the fast Evos until Al in the final round. The fast Evos eliminated each other through attrition, because of how they set up the Quick 16. They did the top 8 STis vs the top 8 Evos. What this meant was that after round 1, only 1 STi was left!!! That meant that 3 of the 4 races had Evo vs Evo. The STi had a cakewalk to the finals then got lucky that Al broke. Not saying Gadiel wouldn't have won if Al DIDN'T break, but there was never an actual race for Gadiel to win. Luck of the draw...
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Again you need to learn how to get your facts straight, people ran faster than BV STi, nobody beat him head to head, but then again he never really had a challenge till the final round. The point is, Subarus just aren't enough competition, talk all the BV you want, but the EVOs swept everything. You and your kind have a foolish interpretation of doing well in an event, winning first is great, but getting swept in everything else really isn't. And according to info coming now, you guys did even worse, wow how pathetic.

i have my facts straight. i was in fact straightening yours. i have the whole Quick 16 results in my hand in Turbo mag issue 180 (Jan 06). did you attend the event? yea exactly.

no evo ran quicker than BV in the quick 16. none. zero. zip. nada. it didn't have to be heads up. NAME ME ONE EVO THAT RAN FASTER THAN BV'S 10.5 IN THE QUICK 16. go ahead.

who AMS? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.17sec. who Buschur? nope. their fastest was 10.9secs. who TTrix? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.5secs.

another myth...."but the EVOs swept everything" HAHAHA....yeah, everything except for the quick 16.

get your head out of your ***. with your stupid point of view, running the fastest 100yd dash in qualifying guarantees you the gold medal in the olympics.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Uh, I _was_ there. I don't rely on a magazine to tell me results. You didn't know the Evos were running 9s that day? Just because they broke during their Quick 16 runs doesn't mean they weren't as fast. You'd have to be a moron to go by the magazine as your only "facts" when people like me were there AND RACING. I was running 12.4s with a few bolt-ons and was faster than some of the STI's in the Quick 16. However, I was not even close to the top 8 Evos...

You do realize that the Gadiel STi got to go against the slow non-shop Evos, right? And that the big Evos knocked each other out? You were there and saw it, right????
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

But it was not the quickest of anything. There were Evos hitting 9s. The Gadiel STi didn't race any of the fast Evos until Al in the final round. The fast Evos eliminated each other through attrition, because of how they set up the Quick 16. They did the top 8 STis vs the top 8 Evos. What this meant was that after round 1, only 1 STi was left!!! That meant that 3 of the 4 races had Evo vs Evo. The STi had a cakewalk to the finals then got lucky that Al broke. Not saying Gadiel wouldn't have won if Al DIDN'T break, but there was never an actual race for Gadiel to win. Luck of the draw...
you're not getting it. the BV STi ran a quicker time than any of the evos in the quick 16. so even if Al didn't beat AMS, BV STi would still have beaten AMS' fastest time in the quick 16. or even buschur's or turbotrixs.

also, BV's crew was helping Al fix his car. it was struggling all day.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

What the hell does that matter? That doesn't mean anything. What someone does in one run has nothing to do with the next. YOu're completely clueless if that's how you gauge an event. The TT and AMS cars were absolutely obliterating every time put down by Gadiel before the Quick 16. Things happen, fast cars break...big deal. It doesn't mean the STi was faster. You're really reaching...
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Uh, I _was_ there. I don't rely on a magazine to tell me results. You didn't know the Evos were running 9s that day? Just because they broke during their Quick 16 runs doesn't mean they weren't as fast. You'd have to be a moron to go by the magazine as your only "facts" when people like me were there AND RACING. I was running 12.4s with s few bolt-ons and was faster than some of the STI's in the Quick 16. However, I was not even close to the top 8 Evos...
i know there were Evos running in the 9s that day....but that's not what i said.

i said, and i quote this for the second time for the people who have reading disorders...."the STi was the fastest in the quick 16."

if you want a competition were the car than ran the fastest ET of the day wins, then maybe you should change the competition's format.

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread