Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What the hell does that matter? That doesn't mean anything. What someone does in one run has nothing to do with the next. YOu're completely clueless if that's how you gauge an event. The TT and AMS cars were absolutely obliterating every time put down by Gadiel before the Quick 16. Things happen, fast cars break...big deal. It doesn't mean the STi was faster. You're really reaching...

well, if it doesn't matter, why even bother with the quick 16? why not just give the trophy to the guy who runs the fastest eT of the day??
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're grasping at straws. You're relying on semantics and irrelevant factoids to make a point while ignoring the fact that there were 7 Evos and 1 STi in the final 8 and that the 1 STi got the slowest Evos until the final round. Yes, Gadiel won - he's a great guy with a great car. However, you thinking that because just during the Quick 16 eliminations he ran the fastest individual time means he's cool just shows you know nothing about racing or the domination that Evos displayed that day. It was incredibly lopsided, but the STi got a lucky draw and never broke. Good job, but that's a lot of fortunate events that had to take place for it to occur. As you can see at the OTHER Evo Vs Wrx shootouts, these incredibly fortunate events did NOT all happen at once.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't say it didn't matter in terms of winning the race. No one is arguing who won the race. If someone argued that, then please show it to me.

No, the point is you're trying so hard to defend your beloved Subarus when they continually get absolutely DOMINATED at these events. Then, to make that dumb comment that the BV STi ran the fastest time in Quick 16 is just absurd. When someone says that, they mean that of all the Quick 16 cars, the BF STi was fastest. No, not you...you twist it to mean that just within the Quick 16 runs, the BF STi ran the fastest individual time even though some of the fast EVos let off and took it easy after the 1/8th mile when they had an easy win, and a few broke. Duh.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

You're grasping at straws. You're relying on semantics and irrelevant factoids to make a point while ignoring the fact that there were 7 Evos and 1 STi in the final 8 and that the 1 STi got the slowest Evos until the final round. Yes, Gadiel won - he's a great guy with a great car. However, you thinking that because just during the Quick 16 eliminations he ran the fastest individual time means he's cool just shows you know nothing about racing or the domination that Evos displayed that day. It was incredibly lopsided, but the STi got a lucky draw and never broke. Good job, but that's a lot of fortunate events that had to take place for it to occur. As you can see at the OTHER Evo Vs Wrx shootouts, these incredibly fortunate events did NOT all happen at once.
irrelevant factoids? i merely mentioned the times ran by each car. those are irrelevant facts? what should relevant facts be then? car color?

not breaking parts is not all luck...it probably has to do with having quality parts.

hmm...so there were all these fast evos and only 1 fast sTi and you think it was all luck? who's really grasping on straws here?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

At any rate, that was last year. What happened to the mighty Subi's this year?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
At any rate, that was last year. What happened to the mighty Subi's this year?
not the same event. but thanks for playing.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evokiller
i have my facts straight. i was in fact straightening yours. i have the whole Quick 16 results in my hand in Turbo mag issue 180 (Jan 06). did you attend the event? yea exactly.

no evo ran quicker than BV in the quick 16. none. zero. zip. nada. it didn't have to be heads up. NAME ME ONE EVO THAT RAN FASTER THAN BV'S 10.5 IN THE QUICK 16. go ahead.

who AMS? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.17sec. who Buschur? nope. their fastest was 10.9secs. who TTrix? nope. their fastest in the quick 16 was 11.5secs.

another myth...."but the EVOs swept everything" HAHAHA....yeah, everything except for the quick 16.

get your head out of your ***. with your stupid point of view, running the fastest 100yd dash in qualifying guarantees you the gold medal in the olympics.

Evokiller, Buschur wasn't even there that day what mag are you reading from?

Oh and what evo's have you killed??
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

This thread is about this years event troll. Go home and play with your boxer.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

back on topic!!! any new confirmed news from TODAYS events?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't say it didn't matter in terms of winning the race. No one is arguing who won the race. If someone argued that, then please show it to me.

No, the point is you're trying so hard to defend your beloved Subarus when they continually get absolutely DOMINATED at these events. Then, to make that dumb comment that the BV STi ran the fastest time in Quick 16 is just absurd. When someone says that, they mean that of all the Quick 16 cars, the BF STi was fastest. No, not you...you twist it to mean that just within the Quick 16 runs, the BF STi ran the fastest individual time even though some of the fast EVos let off and took it easy after the 1/8th mile when they had an easy win, and a few broke. Duh.
am i trying hard to defend the subarus or you're just getting defensive? all i did was mention the fastest times ran in the quick 16. if i was trying hard, i'd mention luck, someone breaking, subarus killing each other for the mitsu to take the win. now that would be trying hard.

also, those fast evos weren't letting off in round 2. their trap speed shows that.

lastly, when someone says the BV STi ran the fastest time in the Quick 16....they mean just that.....it ran the fastest time IN the quick 16, not against all Quick 16 cars during the day.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2SloEvo
Evokiller, Buschur wasn't even there that day what mag are you reading from?

Oh and what evo's have you killed??

i was reading off Dan Cokic's time. but i now realize he's from Pruven not buschur. thanks for clarifying.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo3matt
back on topic!!! any new confirmed news from TODAYS events?

Yea, someone has to have some updated info???
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evokiller
i was reading off Dan Cokic's time. but i now realize he's from Pruven not buschur. thanks for clarifying.
NP, thats what I figured!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evo killer,
Are you only here to talk about something that happened LAST YEAR, of which we all know the facts, Or,are you here to talk about how weak the slowburu competition at this years event was? You sound like a dope.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

usdm Evo > usdm Sti

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread