Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 992gnt
This thread is about this years event troll. Go home and play with your boxer.

i didn't bring up last year's event, 3000ways did.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
evo killer,
Are you only here to talk about something that happened LAST YEAR, of which we all know the facts, Or,are you here to talk about how weak the slowburu competition at this years event was? You sound like a dope.

i'm here coz i'm curious as to what happened in this year's event. it seems like a lot of evos broke. curious as to what acutally broke and what new records were broken.

i didn't bring up last year's event. 300ways did. i'm merely correcting his "facts."
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

You see evoloser I gave BV props for being consistent, and they were consistently the fastest car during the quick 16, but it by all means was not the fastest or quickest car there, it just happended to have everything work out for them. Congrats but they did not have the fastest car there. Also how many Subarus placed second, third, fourth, fifth, and etc., what does your magazine say about that. Like I said all future events should be held between EVOs and BV, since all other Subarus suck.

Also this Subaru competition thing is just sad, where is the competetion. The only way you can win any event against EVOs, is win you outnumber them 5/6 to 1. I'm not talking about some local autocross in bumbf*ck, egypt, I'm talking about big events with big players, you always seem to lose. For instance the One Lap of America, congrats on the win but one lone EVO against 5 or 6 WRXs, and the one EVO still placed second overall in class. Imagine if it was the 5 to 6 EVOs vs. 1 WRX/STi/STI, I have my doubts on the the WRX placing higher than 5th. You see keep hanging you hat on ESX with it's factory sponsorship and endless bank account, and BV. Overall EVO vs. STi/STI is no competition and this has been proven for the 5th time in a row. So sorry that you bought the wrong car to mod, but we all make mistakes. Well atleast the STi is a better stock daily driver, but interesting to note that 9 out of 10 magazines keep picking EVOs.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
usdm Evo > usdm Sti

+1
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well we could talk about this year, but apparently not much to talk about on the Subaru side. So let's change the title to, EVO vs. EVO Shootout Thread Update.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Anyway... I just got back from TODAY's event. The big winner was Dan Buschur running 9 something in the black Buschur drag car. If I remember correctly AMS ran 2 or 3 passes before qualifying started and even pulled out a 9.11 or so. However they broke down - I heard bent valve or something from over spinning the motor. Dynoflash turning in a ET run of 150, but as someone else mentioned, was leaking coolant when he went to stage for his last run. Sorry that I dont have accurate times or even an accurate order of the winners, but I was shooting photos and not really caring about keeping tabs on who ran what.

One thing is for sure - while there were a few subies there, they got their ***** handed to them . 1G and 2G DSM's and Evos gave em the smackdown. Now then - I'm off to sort through a few hundred photos.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
You see evoloser I gave BV props for being consistent, and they were consistently the fastest car during the quick 16, but it by all means was not the fastest or quickest car there, it just happended to have everything work out for them. Congrats but they did not have the fastest car there. Also how many Subarus placed second, third, fourth, fifth, and etc., what does your magazine say about that. Like I said all future events should be held between EVOs and BV, since all other Subarus suck.
i wasn't arguing about who placeed 2nd, 3rd or 4th. i was pointing out that the fastest time in the quick 16 belonged to the BV Sti. then all of a sudden, you got sand in your vagina and threw a fit.

Also this Subaru competition thing is just sad, where is the competetion. The only way you can win any event against EVOs, is win you outnumber them 5/6 to 1. I'm not talking about some local autocross in bumbf*ck, egypt, I'm talking about big events with big players, you always seem to lose.

umm....except the e-town event last year, where there were more fast evos than STis.

For instance the One Lap of America, congrats on the win but one lone EVO against 5 or 6 WRXs, and the one EVO still placed second overall in class.
talk about mistating facts. the AMS evo did not place 2nd overall. 2nd place was an zo6.

Imagine if it was the 5 to 6 EVOs vs. 1 WRX/STi/STI, I have my doubts on the the WRX placing higher than 5th.
yea, just like the e-town event.

You see keep hanging you hat on ESX with it's factory sponsorship and endless bank account, and BV. Overall EVO vs. STi/STI is no competition and this has been proven for the 5th time in a row. So sorry that you bought the wrong car to mod, but we all make mistakes. Well atleast the STi is a better stock daily driver, but interesting to note that 9 out of 10 magazines keep picking EVOs.
5th time in a row? but didn't BV win the e-town event?

yea, you guys should definitely race each other, coz even if a subaru guy takes the trophy home, they still lost.

btw, our cars are still quicker than your evos. just so you know.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hashiriya
Anyway... I just got back from TODAY's event. The big winner was Dan Buschur running 9 something in the black Buschur drag car. If I remember correctly AMS ran 2 or 3 passes before qualifying started and even pulled out a 9.11 or so. However they broke down - I heard bent valve or something from over spinning the motor. Dynoflash turning in a ET run of 150, but as someone else mentioned, was leaking coolant when he went to stage for his last run. Sorry that I dont have accurate times or even an accurate order of the winners, but I was shooting photos and not really caring about keeping tabs on who ran what.

One thing is for sure - while there were a few subies there, they got their ***** handed to them . 1G and 2G DSM's and Evos gave em the smackdown. Now then - I'm off to sort through a few hundred photos.

yeh Al was leaking coolant yesterday on the dyno also. They really werent giving the guys time to let the cars cool down + it was really damn hot.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:17 PM
Account Disabled

What a great day

First of all Team Buschur really made a HUGE showing

Dan Buschur won the event and was running constant 9.6 runs in a full weight evo with staight gas all day - great showing

David's white RS nearly got intgo the 10's and so did Jarod's

I was the #1 qualifier in the Q 8 class with a 9.7 - (personal best)

I had huge problems all weekend trying to cure a miss fire in my car which finally was found to be a bad AEM box (very rare as they are super reliable)

Just putting in a spare box from the Buschur Time Attack evo and a base map from David Buschur got me a 9.7 with no tuning what so ever at only 38 psi max !

The next pass I bogged but got a 150 mph run at 40 psi

Sadly they hot lapped me and my car spilt a bit of coolant out of the overflow tank on to the starting area so I was DQ'd in the semi final round

It was a great day for everything with a Buschur motor in it

Sadly most of the other fast evos broke

Even more sadly it seems there are no real fast Subarus around

At least we all had fun!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Buschur Racing and Exedy for a great event
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokiller
i wasn't arguing about who placeed 2nd, 3rd or 4th. i was pointing out that the fastest time in the quick 16 belonged to the BV Sti. then all of a sudden, you got sand in your vagina and threw a fit.

umm....except the e-town event last year, where there were more fast evos than STis.

talk about mistating facts. the AMS evo did not place 2nd overall. 2nd place was an zo6.

yea, just like the e-town event.

5th time in a row? but didn't BV win the e-town event?

yea, you guys should definitely race each other, coz even if a subaru guy takes the trophy home, they still lost.

btw, our cars are still quicker than your evos. just so you know.

relax man, its not that serious but what is funny is that NONE of you showed up today with anything "fast"
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Well we could talk about this year, but apparently not much to talk about on the Subaru side. So let's change the title to, EVO vs. EVO Shootout Thread Update.
The subarus may be slower than molassis - but at least none of them broke and they do sound good
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

evokiller do you know who drives the 06 sti runnin 9s?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo3matt
evokiller do you know who drives the 06 sti runnin 9s?
julie stepan from esx.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

that subie guy was right possibly 10-20 subies acutally raced, and not all were wrx/sti's....
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BigBADGSX

relax man, its not that serious but what is funny is that NONE of you showed up today with anything "fast"

haha. trust me, i'm replying with a big grin on my face. i'm the kind of guy who likes to poke a stick at a hornet's nest.

i think most subaru guys are waiting for the e-town event.

if you want to see some "fast" subarus, then go to the east coast shootout. ESX will be in attendance.

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread