Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hashiriya
baaaahhahahahahaha.... errr.. no. If he did, he'd didnt make himself known. Maybe he broke in the paddock?
ill have to shoot him a PM and find out what happened...?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brian_H
So we'll get a trailer for their DVD

I hope some other people were there with video cameras.
I'm sure AMS will post theirs up on their site. They practically had their own video crew.

Terrible day for photography though. very hazy and then harsh light. yuck. Most of the best shots that I got today were between 8 and 9 am.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

last year:: TT was unable to run 9s that day, it was quoted . . . just my 2 cents

this year I'm still trying to get clear facts from someone because I didn't go.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hashiriya
I'm sure AMS will post theirs up on their site. They practically had their own video crew.

Terrible day for photography though. very hazy and then harsh light. yuck. Most of the best shots that I got today were between 8 and 9 am.

Cool, I hope they got some good footage.

I really want video of a older blue subaru RS that was there and of course all the fast evo's.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

It amazes me that a little subie troll can be so sassy, with no statements of his own accomplishments, only those of others, trying to defend that his cars dont suck when the fastest subie this weekend was 11.2 with the fastest evo being 9.11
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evokiller
funny....didn't you lose to big valley? i don't recall him having a $2M budget, an 18 wheeler and a team of 7 professionals.
Actually in that case, sadly I had broken a rocker in the previous round beating the ams evo - Big Valley was luicky my engine was broken
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Phalse
It amazes me that a little subie troll can be so sassy, with no statements of his own accomplishments, only those of others, trying to defend that his cars dont suck when the fastest subie this weekend was 11.2 with the fastest evo being 9.11
I wont be surprised to see AMS or Buschur or Big Al creeping up on 8's soon. Its getting closer all the time. Subawho??
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Hey al -- you need to update the "drives:" info under your avatar now with your new times! Nice running out there - sorry your coolant didnt cooperate in the last round.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Phalse

damn, i've never been called sassy before. i don't know how to take that.

i'll take that as a compliment.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

I think that this "rivalry" I dreamed up is exposing the sad fact that we will have to handicap the evos to have a decent contest
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Actually in that case, sadly I had broken a rocker in the previous round beating the ams evo - Big Valley was luicky my engine was broken
or that you fell asleep at the line.

if you recall, you already stated BV was helping you fix your car that day which was having troubles all day.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokiller
haha. trust me, i'm replying with a big grin on my face. i'm the kind of guy who likes to poke a stick at a hornet's nest.

i think most subaru guys are waiting for the e-town event.

if you want to see some "fast" subarus, then go to the east coast shootout. ESX will be in attendance.
Please report back to us about details of this shootout, I want to see all these fast subaru's who failed to attend today's event???

Honestly this is the last time I talk about the Subarus because I shouldn't be paying so much attention to owners who fail to show up and represent their cars and then talk sh*t!

Honestly in my opinion, if I were as big of a fan of the WRX/STi/STI as I am of the EVO, I would be completely embarrased of how the WRX/STi/STI has fared so far in the United States. The truth be told, your cars are getting absolutely trumped. Some events (Road Racing, drag, whatever) in which both EVOs and Subarus have participated have just utterly been a complete embarrasement for the Subarus. If this were a boxing a match, it would be total domination by the EVO with a couple of good of quick combos being thrown in by the WRX/STi/STI. Your cars have thus far proven nothing, have not changed one single brain cell in my head into thinking Subaru is a worthy opponent. You keep hang your hats on the same damn cars, three years ago it was ESX, two years ago, ESX, it still is f*cken ESX. Today's event is yet another example of Subarus talking sh*t and never backing a single thing up. If I were Mr. Buschur I wouldn't even invite you guys back next year, what's the point, your cars don't show up and the ones that do all suck (even though they claim to be fast). Nothing in my opinion makes me think the cost of throwing such an event is worth your attendance, maybe a couple of guest Subarus can be invited, but the rest of you stay the f*ck home! Well have a EVO vs. something else competition. I hope the NJ event is better, and please evoloser, go to your precious nasioc.com forum and proven power bragging (proven where?) and tell those muthaf*ckers to put up or sh*t up! You guys bring your so called big dawgs out, and ours as always will show up, and we will end this once and for all, if this can't happend, then you guys are no longer worthy of anything in relation to an EVO!!!!!

Last edited by 3000ways; Jun 18, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Wow Curt Brown 9.6 ont he 35R kit lol that rocks... He could be the first to hit 8's if he got into a 42R, although AMS is just too close. Wonder what happened to their car? Did the Buschur car break at all?

Congrats to all that ran!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I'm sorry Al, but I have to call BS, I was standing there, I watched you launch. You were dead asleep at the line and it wouldn't have mattered if your engine was not broken, Big Valley still would have won.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

So anyways what were some of the best times-

Curt Brown- 9.6@147MPH?

Al- ???@150MPH

AMS- 9.1@???

Any others that ran 11s and lower?
What were the total results for all classes?

Sorry no more Subaru side trackness, no need to talk about them, they all sucked, LOL!

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread