Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe at this e-town event one of you subby guys can call up that 15 year old funny looking indian kid whos parents bought him that gold top secret tuned (not sure if was actually top secret tuned) 500whp subby to show up and represent what all you subby owners are about that is to say if he hasnt wrapped it around a tree yet

Last edited by 3volution8; Jun 18, 2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
396whp with a best of 11.9
and you are ragging on a guys driving that pulls a 9 sec pass

back to topic please
any fast dsm's?

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
ftp://ftp.sysadmin-racing.com/videos...lash_final.wmv

Since you didn't respond to me Al, I'll offer up this video. ASLEEP.

I still like you though =)

I just have a lot of fun busting your stones, and besides I get a little bit of slack since you liked my other movie =)
Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokiller
you're completely retarded. how many Wallys have the subarus won? how many have the evos? you guys are grasping at these small evo vs wrx events that only the internet geeks like you are aware of. meanwhile, the subarus are well-represented in SCCA, GT racing, NHRA Sport Compact, One Lap of America, any rally events in America and in the WRC.

Subaru is well-represented in actual professional races while all you've got is a Mitsu-sponsored drag event. and you even lost one last year.

in the meantime, we've got a full interior drag car that has run faster than any full interior evo. a stripped interior stock chassis subaru that runs faster than any stripped interior stock chassis evo. and a tubbed drag suby than runs faster than your tubbed drag evo.

get your head out of your *** so you can see the facts.
I'm sorry evokiller, I forgot about the huge domination that Subaru has in Wally Racing, LOL. Also these little so-called sponsored events are chances to show what each other has, it's a rivarly, except it beginning to look like EVOs have no rivarly, again with the factory backed ESX and their unlimited bank account, Subaru owners always bringing ESX up, where was ESX today, where was ESX all the other events. Oh they don't meet the events regulations, that's too bad because with out ESX Subarus are pretty much out of luck, well there is BV also, but from there the list gets smaller, those two don't show up and today is what happends. We can argue all day and night, but I really don't need to, because the facts keep backing me up. Stick to Wally racing
Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

evokiller I'll try to stay on topic if you do, the topic is about todays race. I won't bring up last year's event, you don't bring up a car that hasn't participated in any of the shootouts, cool?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I'm sorry evokiller, I forgot about the huge domination that Subaru has in Wally Racing, LOL. Also these little so-called sponsored events are chances to show what each other has, it's a rivarly, except it beginning to look like EVOs have no rivarly, again with the factory backed ESX and their unlimited bank account, Subaru owners always bringing ESX up, where was ESX today, where was ESX all the other events. Oh they don't meet the events regulations, that's too bad because with out ESX Subarus are pretty much out of luck, well there is BV also, but from there the list gets smaller, those two don't show up and today is what happends. We can argue all day and night, but I really don't need to, because the facts keep backing me up. Stick to Wally racing

yup, you pretty much proved what Sean was saying. a lot of people here don't know anything about organized professional racing.

ESX didn't even know about this evo vs wrx event until last week. because like i said, the only people who know about this event are internet geeks. i doubt there was any form of subaru promotion going on outside of nasioc. that's like saying, "hey let's set up a race with all the fastest evos and keep mum on the subaru side so we can make sure no fast subarus show up. then when we win, we can proclaim we have the faster car, even tho the records will show we run slower times UNIVERSALLY."

yea without ESX we are out of luck, what sucks for you is that this isn't fantasy land....ESX DOES EXIST. and their times eclipses any full weight evo.

and btw, Wally-racing 10X > mitsu-sponsored evo vs wrx.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
Conrats to Dan Buschur for the win, AMS for a new record and Al for a new PB. My luck with Norwalk continues.. Off the trailer no real launch, low boost shift into 5th 9.8@138. Turned the boost up, 35 taper to 31.8 on the log, harder launch 1.41 60, 4.1 330, 6.2@113 1/8 and 9.68@141, but the car nosed over real bad after the 1/8th so
I let out of that run early, good thing cause the rod bearing was gone(again!!). I would think with a harder launch and 38 psi on a full pass it would run 9.3@149 or so. Back to the drawing board on the motor. It was the rod on the flywheel side, no clue as to why it happened, 20/50 redline oil, ATI damper, ect.
1.4 60ft?
wtf!!
amazing
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

evokiller I'll try to stay on topic if you do, the topic is about todays race. I won't bring up last year's event, you don't bring up a car that hasn't participated in any of the shootouts, cool?

no problem. i came here to find out the results of both evos and wrxs from today's event, not to relive the past.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

someone who actually attended the event pls post times for the event. i'm sure those who could not make it are as curious as i am.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Dude it's Rally! Again with ESX and, ESX will do this, ESX will do that, ESX will save us, how can you argue with this. Enough, so who has times?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someone who actually attended the event pls post times for the event. i'm sure those who could not make it are as curious as i am.

After a 5 hour trip back home I can't remember any times. I had fun. If anyone goes to Norwalk you have to go to Shamrock Pub, nice women in there.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

no problem. i came here to find out the results of both evos and wrxs from today's event, not to relive the past.
Didn't see this before I posted, I'll drop it, if you do, cool?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Dude it's Rally!
HHAHAHAA....dude. a Wally is the trophy you win in NHRA Sport Compact drag racing. it's not rally. Sean Ivey has a few in his closet.

Again with ESX and, ESX will do this, ESX will do that, ESX will save us, how pathetic. $2,000,000 and can't find away to one of these events. New Jersey, tell ESX to be there and prove theeir times will eclipse any full weight EVO? Just looking for better events, maybe your right this is sponsored and payed for by Mitsubishi tuners, so in my opinion you guys don't deserve an invational back. I mean your cars are so proffesional, shouldn't have no trouble beating our ameture EVOs right?
umm....their times already eclipse any full weight evo.

when is the e-town event?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't see this before I posted, I'll drop it, if you do, cool?

alright, i'll keep my mouth shut...i gotta get back to the dallas-miami game anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

What was Dan Buschur's time?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

vidz?

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread