Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Highway?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h22 ha i would not even waist my time
Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Just to toss in my .02 cents:

I drove an 03 Evo that was at 365awhp from Denver to Colorado Springs. I went to pass someone while I was travelling at 75mph (speed limit). I passed them, went back into my lane smooth as silk. It took me a few seconds to notice I was at 140mph and slow down. Evos are awesome. I love their handling. I love their turbo-charged power. The only time the Evo sucks is during stop and go traffic... but then all cars suck in stop and go traffic. :/

strike
Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I got run off of the interstate the other day by a semi that changed lanes into me as I was passing him at 80 mph and was pushed into the center grass median. First, I had to make the abrupt move over which would have upset any other car in my opinion. Second, and the fact that I still had my winter treads on may have helped, but I just gave Evo a little more gas and merged back onto the pavement after completing the pass. So, there are more things to consider than just HP, things like your life.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BenjyJ
personally I prefer cars to boats...

there's plenty of other V8 options I would go with before a GTO...
ur smoking crack if u classify a GTO as a boat.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

boat - yes. check the holden review on top gear (UK) and see why. Handful on the track.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
boat - yes. check the holden review on top gear (UK) and see why. Handful on the track.
no YOU go and watch the top gear episode and at the end listen to how they say they love it, and how tossable it is for being such a large and heavy car.

why dont u tell Rhys millen its a boat?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
no YOU go and watch the top gear episode and at the end listen to how they say they love it, and how tossable it is for being such a large and heavy car.

why dont u tell Rhys millen its a boat?
Dude, you just said the most redundant thing ever. We call Big heavy cars "boats."
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

sorry if i offended you =)
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Not to mention if you aren't racing at 60mph, and your just crusing in 5th gear @ 60mph there will be some turbo lag. at around 70mph+ you are just about entering the powerband. There is a huge gap between 4th and 5th gear on the 5spd. I usually have to rev up to 4200rpm before going into 5th to not bog down.

Honestly, if your into go on the highway, you need a big displacement motor. a used 03 svt cobra will kill anything on the highway. Hell I might of just bought a 03 cobra if I didn't have to drive it year round.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Dude, you just said the most redundant thing ever. We call Big heavy cars "boats."
ohhh i see genius, i guess by that rational an E55 AMG is a boat....

got it.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DanJ
Not to mention if you aren't racing at 60mph, and your just crusing in 5th gear @ 60mph there will be some turbo lag. at around 70mph+ you are just about entering the powerband. There is a huge gap between 4th and 5th gear on the 5spd. I usually have to rev up to 4200rpm before going into 5th to not bog down.

Honestly, if your into go on the highway, you need a big displacement motor. a used 03 svt cobra will kill anything on the highway. Hell I might of just bought a 03 cobra if I didn't have to drive it year round.
word.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Unless you plan on going on the autobahn, the Evo is very capable of doing whatever you want it to. Pulling out into traffic off the ramps you can jump into traffic in seconds. Yeah mustangs may have a better top end but they also get light on the rear wheels and can easily spin out...All wheel drive is where its at, anything you need.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

i drive on the higway all day and i have a few mods TBE, EBC ~19-20PSI, Safc (no timing adjustments) on my 04 RS. I never got into it with an SS but I pull on nearly everything else I have seen on the highway (M3s, cobras, GTs, A4s, modded firehawks, modded SRTs, modded Camaro, etc.). I had a vette pull on me once, but only when we got up there. a slightly modded cobra, SS, or vette would eat me. i think there is plenty in an Evo for the higway, especially once u get TBE, a EBC, and a full tune. just get in the right gear.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
i drive on the higway all day and i have a few mods TBE, EBC ~19-20PSI, Safc (no timing adjustments) on my 04 RS. I never got into it with an SS but I pull on nearly everything else I have seen on the highway (M3s, cobras, GTs, A4s, modded firehawks, modded SRTs, modded Camaro, etc.). I had a vette pull on me once, but only when we got up there. a slightly modded cobra, SS, or vette would eat me. i think there is plenty in an Evo for the higway, especially once u get TBE, a EBC, and a full tune. just get in the right gear.
you will not pull on a stock LS1 Z28 or SS (01+ the oned with the Z06/LS6 intake manifold) that is a 6 speed manual on a highway roll.. or LS2 powered cars, or any vette unless they didnt know they were racing.

i used to have a 01 ss 6 speed...
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you'd like it on the highway regardless

..it handles good

Quick Reply: Highway?