Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Should I add a parachute to my Evo ?
Yes - add all the saftey equipment needed to continue racing at drag events
39.02%
No - keep the car as a "sports car" and road going
60.98%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - 150 MPH to parachute or not to parachute?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I will be the only one to bust your ***** on this one man....

Your car is farther away from my car is from being a "Street going machine".

You dont even have the damned headlights anymore. My car has full interior (Aside from the rear seats being removed). I also do drive this car almost every day. Mine has a full 10 point cage, window net, driveshaft loop, harnesses, bulkheaded rear, etc, etc... Mine meets all safety requirements for a sub 9 second car. When I hit 150 mph I will add a parachute and continue to drive the car as often as I do now.

I find it very hard to see how your car can weigh MORE than mine does, even though I have a full 10 point mild steel cage, full interior, HID headlights, stereo, etc... I dont believe anyone actually thinks you drive your car on the streets anymore and Im very sorry if they do. I do drive my car almost every day and even I dont mind having all the safety stuff in place. They require all this safety crap for a reason, its not to make the car look like a race car.

Be safe and compliant and put a chute on it. Get a real roll cage, get the driveshaft loop, wear your helmet and jacket and everything else needed to be "legal". Its kind of like having a sport bike and doing a bunch of stunts and thinking it looks cooler to not wear your jacket and helmet.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

And honestly.... how can your car weigh more than mine?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

And if you wonder if any of that safety equipment is worth it I have two things to say...

First, its like owning a gun. Id rather own one and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Secondly, if you would have bolted your seat to the roll cage like most "race cars" (Including mine), when your slider broke on your seat, the seat still would not have moved. Imagine if you would have pulled on the steering wheel to stay from falling backwards and yanked the car into the other lane not only destroying your car but also some other poor guys car.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
That and a trip to the doctor to grab my ***** and inspect my anus as part of the physical exam required for a 9 sec NHRA license
I was on the same page a you. NHRA allowes you to visit an M.D. or D.O. for your physical. I chose to see a D.O. It was a quick physical and the best part was that I didn't have to get my ***** juggled.

Keith
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
And honestly.... how can your car weigh more than mine?
I think part of it is because Al himself weighs in at a slimming 300t lbs....no offense whatsoever Al..just trying to clear this up..
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

parachute/?
no no...
i agree with you Al
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
I think part of it is because Al himself weighs in at a slimming 300t lbs....no offense whatsoever Al..just trying to clear this up..
I am actually up over 320 now so my car is actually under 3,000 slightly without me

I am going to put myself and the car on a diet
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
I was on the same page a you. NHRA allowes you to visit an M.D. or D.O. for your physical. I chose to see a D.O. It was a quick physical and the best part was that I didn't have to get my ***** juggled.

Keith
I will call you to get a reference for this doctor you use

Mr. Cokic showed me his NHRA renewal paperwork and when I saw the boxes for juggling ***** and cheking anus I began to feel a bit leary about the whole process

Maybe the solution for me is to find a female doctor
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
I guess I will be the only one to bust your ***** on this one man....

Your car is farther away from my car is from being a "Street going machine".

You dont even have the damned headlights anymore. My car has full interior (Aside from the rear seats being removed). I also do drive this car almost every day. Mine has a full 10 point cage, window net, driveshaft loop, harnesses, bulkheaded rear, etc, etc... Mine meets all safety requirements for a sub 9 second car. When I hit 150 mph I will add a parachute and continue to drive the car as often as I do now.

I find it very hard to see how your car can weigh MORE than mine does, even though I have a full 10 point mild steel cage, full interior, HID headlights, stereo, etc... I dont believe anyone actually thinks you drive your car on the streets anymore and Im very sorry if they do. I do drive my car almost every day and even I dont mind having all the safety stuff in place. They require all this safety crap for a reason, its not to make the car look like a race car.

Be safe and compliant and put a chute on it. Get a real roll cage, get the driveshaft loop, wear your helmet and jacket and everything else needed to be "legal". Its kind of like having a sport bike and doing a bunch of stunts and thinking it looks cooler to not wear your jacket and helmet.

I dont drive my car every day as in relaity I work on it so much its apart a lot of the time

Its really a unreliable form of transport also so I would not want to rely on it to get to work etc

While i have no head lights in there now 0 I could get them in in about a hour if I wanted to drive at night

I mostly use it as a day time fun ride when i just want to blast off some cobb webs and feel some power

The funny part was my last street driving with was some of the corporate guys from Mitsubishi who are in charge of voiding people's warranties and dealer relations. I wanted to show them what is up with a fast evo.

Those who may recall - one time I drove the car down to Tenn and then back up to Chicago - stopping at E'town to pick up a first place survival series win - and raced the AMS evo down higgens road outside AMS. Then I drove it back home to CT. At that time the car was a high 10 second machine.

I look at my evo basically the same way you would look at a custom harley chopper with staight pipes or a big block mussel car - they are really fun vehicles that can give you a huge rush, but are not something you want to drive around all the time.

Mainly, I am thinking that everyone with evos should follow the path that makes him / her happy. I am just soliciting imput to help me make the ultimate decision on the next level.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I dont drive my car every day as in relaity I work on it so much its apart a lot of the time

Its really a unreliable form of transport also so I would not want to rely on it to get to work etc

While i have no head lights in there now 0 I could get them in in about a hour if I wanted to drive at night

I mostly use it as a day time fun ride when i just want to blast off some cobb webs and feel some power

The funny part was my last street driving with was some of the corporate guys from Mitsubishi who are in charge of voiding people's warranties and dealer relations. I wanted to show them what is up with a fast evo.

Those who may recall - one time I drove the car down to Tenn and then back up to Chicago - stopping at E'town to pick up a first place survival series win - and raced the AMS evo down higgens road outside AMS. Then I drove it back home to CT. At that time the car was a high 10 second machine.

I look at my evo basically the same way you would look at a custom harley chopper with staight pipes or a big block mussel car - they are really fun vehicles that can give you a huge rush, but are not something you want to drive around all the time.

Mainly, I am thinking that everyone with evos should follow the path that makes him / her happy. I am just soliciting imput to help me make the ultimate decision on the next level.
I know I was just busting your ***** (Kinda like what the doctor might do ). But on a serious note, to stay safe you should use all safety requirements and on top of that, like you said... you drive the car every once and a while. It isnt close to being legal right now for the streets, adding all that safety equipment isn't going to make it any worse on the street but it will make sure you can still drive it to any event you want and not worry about being booted.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
... grab my ***** and inspect my anus ...
Old Jun 22, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
I agree with this young man.
I agree with fourdoor and Nick. Time to switch up cars Al. You said it yourself... you could go without running it and you are into it for the technological reasons. If you want to see what makes it tick your going to have to take it to its limits. You are already thus far and the only way to pursue complete knowledge of the Evos full potential you are gonna have to pick up another ride and keep that one as a trailer queen. To stop with what you have already invested is like saying i will only go halfway to my Masters and stop because I don't want to have any inconveniences. I think you already know the answer to your question Al....
Old Jun 22, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That and a trip to the doctor to grab my ***** and inspect my anus as part of the physical exam required for a 9 sec NHRA license
I didn't know you had *****? just don't forget to wear clean underwear j/k

put the chute on, I just don't see you giving up on going even quicker.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Instead of putting the chute on, put the Mass Airflow Sensor back in along with the stock ECU instead of the AEM EMS and see how far you can push a stock ECU car with a big turbo and full drag setup. I think this would be the ultimate advertising for dynoflash as a company, and it would give you at least another year of R&D work befor you got the car fast enough to worry about this issue again.

Keith
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Instead of putting the chute on, put the Mass Airflow Sensor back in along with the stock ECU instead of the AEM EMS and see how far you can push a stock ECU car with a big turbo and full drag setup. I think this would be the ultimate advertising for dynoflash as a company, and it would give you at least another year of R&D work befor you got the car fast enough to worry about this issue again.

Keith

Quick Reply: Poll - 150 MPH to parachute or not to parachute?