Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Should I add a parachute to my Evo ?
Yes - add all the saftey equipment needed to continue racing at drag events
39.02%
No - keep the car as a "sports car" and road going
60.98%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - 150 MPH to parachute or not to parachute?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cage it, chute it, and drive it on the street
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Instead of putting the chute on, put the Mass Airflow Sensor back in along with the stock ECU instead of the AEM EMS and see how far you can push a stock ECU car with a big turbo and full drag setup. I think this would be the ultimate advertising for dynoflash as a company, and it would give you at least another year of R&D work befor you got the car fast enough to worry about this issue again.

Keith
I appreciate your feed back

Others have made similar suggestions to me in the past

The limitations of the stock ecu with a MAF sensor are just about 480 - 500 whp

Basically, I pushed the stock ecu flash platform to its logical limits when I went 11.1 with it some time ago

I like to think of a reflash as a product for a normal street driven / daily driver car who wants a very good running and reliable tuning solution and I feel the nearly perfect track record of reliability on the thousands of customer's evos I have tuned really says the most about my services

Also - my customers have continued to set very fast time records with their own cars at drag strips all over the USA - this is a more meaningful statment about my services than what I am doing - IMHO

I personally am not a typical or "ordinary" end user

I am really rather demented and my particular interest is in actually working on my car and finding new ways to make it faster - its more of a learning process and hobby than a markmeting tactic

I like the AEM on my car for serveal reasons - mostly becuase it can make the most possible power and also becuase AEM has been very supportive of my efforts

While the AEM is a great option for a 900 whp car it may not be the best solution for a car with mild mods and daily driven

I would like to think the fact that I have been able to campaign a car like mine with some measure of success and reliability would also help lend some enhanced credability tio my skills as a tuner

Finally, keep in mind - I am draging my evo 99% just becuase its what I live for

I can't think of anything else I would rather spend my short time here on this earth doing