Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Water LEAK? Carpet Under Drivers Seat SOAKED!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same problem with my evo anyone solve this?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:45 PM

Not so much fixed but improved. Ended up drilling a hole on either side of the part under where the hood connects up near the windshield on the underside. Somewhere for water to drain since we discovered it was draining from there into the car. So much improved for sure. Still not fixed. Best fix (and super annoying one) park reverse to the direction of rain and if you're parked on a slope, back ****-end in. That combination has made for my best fix.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure about everybody else.. but i had this problem for about 4 months.. the car smelt terrible i couldn't put up with it anymore.. i ripped up every interior piece out of the car, had a friend sit inside and sprayed the hell out of my car.. My leak wound up being the rubber gromet behind the drivers side fender, where the harness went through.. i rtv'd the hell out of it and has been good for more than a year..
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heard that issue with many Evos states side... haven't heard anything with the RHD ones like mine.

But I did have that problem once where with the rain my older car had a leak on the passenger side and turned out that the sealant on the windshield was weak on that particular area so water was coming in when it pooled around that area... and it didn't happen immediately like a few mins... the car woul have to be in heavy rain a couple hours or more before it was noticable.

another avenue you should check in addition to the harness leak.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:09 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by srtboostin22
My leak wound up being the rubber gromet behind the drivers side fender, where the harness went through.. i rtv'd the hell out of it and has been good for more than a year..
There's a big thread about this. Folks may want to run a quick search.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have a sunroof, I'm not 100% sure but most cars with sunroofs have a drain that clogs up that clogs and causes drainage into the interior? I usually use a air compressor to blow out the drains just to free up a potential clog, this sometimes works. Otherwise you will just have to pour water all over the roof (and maybe pop away some interior or door panels, and or pull up the carpet) to see where the leak is coming in at.

Last edited by sonicnofadz; Dec 31, 2010 at 06:17 PM.