Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

UH OH!!!! t-case or tranny??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UH OH!!!! t-case or tranny??

so i just got my ecu back from dynoflash.....thanks al by the way <----- super nice guy.....i love it, my car rocks. i went out for a test spin on some backroads, i take it to about 120 or so and back off. i then come to a complete stop and decide to launch it. ive launched an evo before on 2 step from dynoflash. the very first time i did it bam! im pretty sure its my t-case. i stopped immediately and popped the hood. some smoke was coming out and then i looked under the car and the heat wrap around the downpipe is smoking (fluid on the downpipe??) so i decided to take it home and take a look, as i was turning around a clicking or clunking noise.....maybe an axle or something or is it the t-case or tranny.....what do you guys think it is......if its axels no big deal, it its t-case or tranny what should i do?? go with a MR 6-speed or just stick with 5-speed and fix t-case or whatever is wrong WHAT SHOULD I DO? money is not an object within reason
Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

bump anyone???
Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

it's not the tranny. Either t-case or 1/2 shaft. Probably the t-case. Drain the t-case oil and see if there are any metal chunks in it. TRE offers a rebuild, and it's probably a spider gear that let go.