Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing stage 5 kit with Dyno FLash mail in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your car is pulling timing. the graph you posted shows a huge dip. Either your tune is bad, your gas sucks, or you have a boost leak. Put in some unleaded racegas but don't change a thing on your tune or boost and see if the car feels faster.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put race gas in it yesterday, the tank was about empty and i filled it completely up.... it does have a little more power not alot... I KNOW I installed everything correctly. And i have checked the timing 4 times now... it was set at 3 degrees BTDC before the cams were installed and it is still set at 3 degrees BTDC after the cams were installed. the thing that really gets me wondering about the flash is i ran a 14.0 in the 1/4 mile stock... and then i got a mail-in flash, MBC, and AEM Cold air intake... then took it to the track and still ran a 14.0....and i could tell there was no power increase.... and now after everything is installed i had it flashed again (mail-in) and i think the only reason i am faster is because of the HKS 272 Cams. I dont think either flash worked...

Anyone got any new ideas?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

wtf is going on here? I'll tell ya, its gotta be the tune! =(
Old Jun 24, 2006, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have a laptop?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

No i dont have a laptop, and unfortunately i dont know anyone with one BUT Monday i am callin Buschur Racing and setting up an appointment for July 19th or so. i am leaving on July 18th after work and driving there, then i am going to stay up there for the 19 thru the 23. I just told myself "I have to get this fixed..." I just hope when they get it on the Dyno that they can figure out what is wrong with it... and it sucks i have to take 3 days off of work but like i said.... "I have to get this fixed." and the 19th is the soonest i can get off of work.

I hope they can tune the ECU when it is on their Dyno... I just hope they dont have to mail it into AL... I dont know all i know is it is THEIR products so they should be able to figure out what is going on...
Old Jun 24, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

dude whats wrong with you trade in your car
Old Jun 24, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

this guy is a moron.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

It's not a problem with their parts.. I can gurantee that.

I'll laugh my *** off if it was installation error. They can fix the tune if they have ecuflash and a cable.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by drewblueeye
I put race gas in it yesterday, the tank was about empty and i filled it completely up.... it does have a little more power not alot... I KNOW I installed everything correctly. And i have checked the timing 4 times now... it was set at 3 degrees BTDC before the cams were installed and it is still set at 3 degrees BTDC after the cams were installed. the thing that really gets me wondering about the flash is i ran a 14.0 in the 1/4 mile stock... and then i got a mail-in flash, MBC, and AEM Cold air intake... then took it to the track and still ran a 14.0....and i could tell there was no power increase.... and now after everything is installed i had it flashed again (mail-in) and i think the only reason i am faster is because of the HKS 272 Cams. I dont think either flash worked...

Anyone got any new ideas?
Your car is pulling IGNITION TIMING you need to buy a pocketlogger so you can monitor the ignition timing. Racegas alone will not make your car faster. Adding racegas and not altering the tune/boost will do absolutly nothing UNLESS your car was pulling timing due to knock. The knock/engine detonation you are experincing is most likely a result of either bad gas or you are runing to much ignition timing.

You need to take your car to a professional like Bushur or AMS since they are near you. If you continue to run the car in its current state you will most likely loose the motor and make the whole situation worse.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

We've all said it man.

You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make him think.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Isnt it amazing how rich these people are on this website... i mean since there is something wrong with my car, they say to trade it in....??? Seriously??? trade it in... so if it is the computer i shoud spend $35,000 for a new car instead of spending $800.00 for a new computer, or instead of taking it to Buschur Racing or Dyno flash... I should just trade it in??? Are you retarded??? or are you so arrigent that you can just throw money away??? I swear it seems like if you are impatient, stupid and have no common sense then the first thing to do is not to get it fixed just to get a new one and start over...

All i have to say to comments like that is, "do us all a favor and not type." just keep your comments to yourself.... and this goes for you guys that write things like "this guy is a moron".... or "are you stupid?" SERIOUSLY if your not going to help then just dont type, leave the typing to the people that want to help!!!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

AND i am trying what you guys suggest, nothing is working though.... If something works i will tell you.... so that is why i am taking it to Buschur Racing in july
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

you need to go to buschur or AMS, end of story. Just do what you gotta do to get your ride in better shape!!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

RenoEvo,
Yeah i am calling tomorrow morning to set up a time on their Dyno and to have them tune and fix it.... I will hopefullly be able to get it fix within the next 3 weeks. gonna spend a week up there if i have to.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

I agree its got to be your tune. I had 10K into my EVObeofre it was tuned and it was almost slower then stock because it was pulling timing and everything else. You should really get that thing on a dyno ASAP.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing stage 5 kit with Dyno FLash mail in