Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing stage 5 kit with Dyno FLash mail in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
check everything - hoses, worm clamps (or t-clamps), lines...etc.
I was going to say something similar... Do you have a boost gauge too? (didn't see it in your list, maybe you tested your settings once and didn't have a way to monitor boost pressure now?) Just wondering if you may have a boost leak or something?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by KOEvo
It seems like you're driving alright. I mean there is some room for improvement, but that isn't the issue here.

What we are looking for now as other things have been ruled out is:

-Elevation, how high up are you
-Boost leak, do a pressure test, check out evomoto.com for the how to. This is the most likely cultpret. Your boost gauge will still show full boost even if you have a boost leak, CHECK IT.
-lastly, it could simply be the track, but this is very unlikely. If you are at anything lower then Colorado elevation, and have no boost leak, it is time to try another track and see what happens there. This event is very unlikely, but always a possibility.

Other then that it is a much better idea for you to get water/meth/alky injection first. You will get more power, and it is much safer.

Though i thought meth injection was part of the upgrade sequence? Am i wrong?
Or maybe he also had to race up that big *** hill to reach the finish line?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
my 60' on that run was also a 1.8,

I have done a compression test on the cylinders and i have done a pressure test up to 25 psi on the intercooler system and no leaks.
Originally Posted by SteveosEvo
I think he is saying the timing might be off on the track.
Oh sorry, didn't read all the way through b4 posting... if no boost leak and comp test looks good I'm out of ideas unless the timing is off at the track like they implied. Did you say you had the same times at other local tracks too?

Last edited by Got Boost?; Jun 21, 2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

There is something wrong with that car. You can just listen and it sounds slow. You should try to log your timing and see if there's a problem there.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silk
There is something wrong with that car. You can just listen and it sounds slow. You should try to log your timing and see if there's a problem there.
I doubt there is anything wrong with the tune or timing. He made 381 whp! Something is definitely up though.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

One last thing. Here is my dyno slip from the AWD dyno I ran the car on about a month ago.

It shows the Wheel Horse Power on a STP Power Dyno (which is what they use) at 254 HP at 6200 RPM. they did a reverse HP for horse Power at the Engine and they said that the Evo loses roughly 1/3 of its power thru the Transmission so they said the Engine Horse Power is 381HP.

And just cuz i am serious about fixing this problem and want people to know i seriously ran it on a dyno, here is a picture of them setting it up on the Dyno.

Last edited by drewblueeye; Dec 14, 2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

One last thing again, sorry but i noticed something on one of the posted.

A stock Evolution 8 has 202 WHP and 271 HP (at the engine). Mine now has 254WHP and 381 HP (at the engine). Now that is just an ESTIMATE of 381 Engine Horse Power. The company only goes by WHP, and there isnt any way to find out true Engine HP unless i pull the engine.... But Buschur Racing Did tell me that with the Stage 5 Kit that on a DYNO JET dyno that i should be around 270 WHP which according to the Dyno slip I posted I am only 2HP off of 270. And Buschur Racing said that according to my dyno slips I am right on the money.... So know what????
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

woah woah woah what?

with those sorts of mods, you should be dynoing well into the 300's at the WHEELS.

a stock IX almost makes 254whp. A MBC+TBE+Tune on an VIII makes 300-330 depending on gas.

something is whack with the tune.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

One last thing again, sorry but i noticed something on one of the posted.

A stock Evolution 8 has 202 WHP and 271 HP (at the engine). Mine now has 254WHP and 381 HP (at the engine). Now that is just an ESTIMATE of 381 Engine Horse Power. The company only goes by WHP, and there isnt any way to find out true Engine HP unless i pull the engine.... But Buschur Racing Did tell me that with the Stage 5 Kit that on a DYNO JET dyno that i should be around 270 WHP which according to the Dyno slip I posted I am only 2HP off of 270. And Buschur Racing said that according to my dyno slips I am right on the money.... So know what????

wtf? suggestion, take it to another dyno (DJ/MD) and get re-checked. forget the estimating BS.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

this thread is giving me a headache.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 01:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
sorry to hear you got a lemon of an evo

please refrain from calling nitrious, NOS.

thank you
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Dude, I think the idea of taking the road trip to BR is the best one you've had. That dyno chart doesn't look right in any event, it shows (if I'm reading it correctly) an SAE corrected 245 whp peak at 6200 RPM, after which it dies. (No comment on the weird "hop" at the end.) It's impossible to compare the numbers between dynos and drivetrain loss is an endlessly debated topic, so let's stick with WHP. Even assuming that sheet is from a low reading dyno like a Dyno Dynamics or (Buschur's) Mustang dyno, you should be seeing more than that. My own, much less modified '03, dynoed at approximately 260 whp at 6200 RPM and peaks at 280 whp at 7200 RPM (on Dyno4mance's DD dyno.)

So, take the road trip and let them diagnose the problem. I'm sure when you leave you will be much happier (and faster.)
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:58 AM

Subscribed. I am anxious to see the outcome of this. Hopefully Buschur will be able to unleash some more ponies. Please keep us posted on the outcome.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have no idea what that chart is... but its not a dyno of any normal evo... not even one that's uncorrected or reads low. If somehow it is, your car has some serious issues.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

One last thing. Here is my dyno slip from the AWD dyno I ran the car on about a month ago.

It shows the Wheel Horse Power on a STP Power Dyno (which is what they use) at 254 HP at 6200 RPM. they did a reverse HP for horse Power at the Engine and they said that the Evo loses roughly 1/3 of its power thru the Transmission so they said the Engine Horse Power is 381HP.

And just cuz i am serious about fixing this problem and want people to know i seriously ran it on a dyno, here is a picture of them setting it up on the Dyno.

OMG!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing stage 5 kit with Dyno FLash mail in