Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing stage 5 kit with Dyno FLash mail in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain! I got the same feedback when I posted my track times. I have Buschur's stage 3 on my 03 EVO with 264 cams and my best time is 12.84 @ 108. I only dynoed 263whp on Buschur's MD. I'm heading up there in a couple of weeks to have the car checked out. Also adding alky, 272's, 02 housing, exhaust manifold, mail in flash and twin disk. I'm hoping for at least 310 on their dyno. But with all the money I spent, I only gained 53whp??? The car was even custom tuned by Al on BR's MD. They checked everything out and couldn't find anything wrong. Could be that you and I just got a couple weaker cars.

Hopefully I'll leave there a happy camper!

Good luck to you bro!
Mike
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justchil
I'm starting to wonder if we all are just wasting our time trying to help lol.
\
I think so.

Drew, have you contacted Buschur? I think this thread is a load of crap- Buschur is THE best company that I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service (auto related or not)- I find it hard to believe that either A) You've bothered contacting them...or B) They have not responded/offered to fix the problem
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

For 90 bucks he could download the rom send it to me and I could probably get it to quit pull timing... OR he could send it to Al for a quick fix. That would save shipping the ECU as well.

If everything was install properly and tested properly.. it almost has to be the tune.

Last edited by justchil; Jun 22, 2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikejam1688
doesnt nitrous make a car street illegal....if it isnt already be4 the nitrous. laws around here r very unorganized.
In California or Ontario yes. Other than that I don't believe so.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

so did he go to wakeman ohio or what?

im curious what is going on , i think its the tune also...
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I dunno.. hopefully someone will fix it for him.

Wakeman is over 12 hours.. ams is 7-8 from him.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

who installed the parts?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, I feel bad for that guy. I spent just over a grand and added close to 70hp to the wheels. In the video the car launches somewhat nice but it just doesn't go anywhere once it's moving. With all those mods I would think he should be close or in the 11's.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

OK just got back....

First... YES, i did call Buschur Racing and all i hear is "we have never experienced that problem" And all they say is bring it up to us to look at... well they are only open on the week days and i have a full time job 8-5, monday thru friday and a 10 month old son to take care of... its a little hard to drive 12 hours there , 12 hours back plus the time to get it fixed.

Second... I have an Aftermarket clutch from Buschur Racing, a Exedy Twin disc racing clutch.

Third... I installed everything, I have been a mechanic for a long time and know how to do the installs, just not very experienced with turbos, that is why i never upgraded mine, and the only MAJOR installs were the clutch and the cams and both not terribly hard.

AND FOURTH.... I just got back for Omaha, NE and went to Induction Motor Sports (you have to check out the supra they have on the website...8.26 seconds in the 1/4. www.inductionmotorsports.com ) Anyway they looked at my car and my mods and said "WTF!!!" First they told me that I should have ateast 60 more WHEEL HORSE POWER if not more. but they also said the only way to tell why the power is lost between 6200 and 7000 is to get it on a DYNO, and they only have a 2 wheel dyno but they can convert an evo to the front wheels but it takes about 3 hours to do it. They actually bought the transfer case conversion from Buschur Racing.... But they are backed up for 5 weeks on the Dyno.

I feel bad cuz I dont want to give Buschur Racing a Bad rep, cuz i cant find anyone else with these problems, and all the DSM's here in sioux city and omaha where i cruise said they arent going to buy anything if they got to spend $5,500 just to get 42 more WHEEL HORSE POWER!!!

So Im Back to square one, Trying to find a way to get to Wakeman, Ohio to go to Buschur Racing.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

And i do appreciate the info you guys are telling me and i just want you to know i am trying what you suggest just havent found anything to work yet...

I do got a question though.

I sent in my ECU to Dyno Flash and put down i only use 93 octane or higher which i do... BUT would it matter that much if the gas i got said 93 octane but was really lower???

THat is something induction motor sports said the problem might be, that my ECU is trying to adjust the timing at high RPMs because of it knocking but can only adjust it so much and that is why i might be losing the power....

Only reason i kind of believe them is i got back to sioux city and filled up with 103 at the VP racing gas company, and after driving it about 20 miles the car sounds different (a good sound) almost like the exhaust is deeper and seems to have more power. i know race gas is going ot give you more power but this almost seems like it is A LOT more... could just be my imagination.. just thought i might throw that in there
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:05 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
According to their website

Stage 1 $1350.00
Stage 2 $700.00
Stage 3 $1250.00 but mine was $1450.00 cuz I got the Race FMIC
Stage 4 $400.00
Stage 5 $215.00

Total for stage 5 $3915.00 add $200.00 if you want the Race FMIC.

Plus I have the Exedy Twin disc race clutch $1450.00
Plus I have the BR short shifter $135.00

So I was doing a 14.0 fastest time stock, and now I am 12.9... I have to be doing something wrong!!!

It would be nice to get advice and not be ripped on

You just cant drive...

stock you should be able to pull low 13's
with 381whp you should be able to pull mid-high 11's

matt
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

dude reading comprehension > you...

he makes like 254 whp with his mods supposedly the 381 is some retarded corrected crank hp the previous dyno/shop gave him.

Originally Posted by .MM
You just cant drive...

stock you should be able to pull low 13's
with 381whp you should be able to pull mid-high 11's

matt
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Just food for thought but AMS is about 7-8 hours away.. still a drive but a lil closer. I really wish we could look at ur map.. add a lil fuel or take a way a lil timing around 6000 and it might fix your problem.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

sounds like either of these two is your problem:

1) you installed something incorrectly (most likely)

2) your mail in flash is bunk

i find it hard to believe that you installed all of those parts correctly, when it was previously mentioned in this thread that you couldnt install a MBC correctly...not hating, just trying to help

perhaps when installing your cams, your timing belt slipped a tooth...how does the car idle? can you actually FEEL the timing being pulled up top? i am going to go ahead and say that its probably not bad gas, since it seems like it is a constant occurance...one bad tank of gas is one thing, but getting a bad tank of gas EVERYTIME you get gas is very far fetched
Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

He had installed the MBC correctly, he was just getting fluttering issues. He then had it installed a different way, and that fixed the flutter... For a while.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing stage 5 kit with Dyno FLash mail in