Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

turbo with alarm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2003, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo with alarm

Hi everybody, I just installed the turbo timer in my EVO. And I have a question about the timer with the alarm. Please help: When I turn off the key the turbo timer is on but after the timer run off .The alarm itself will not turn on.So that mean I still have to wait unitl the timer run off and hit the remote to arm the car. Or anyone know how to connect the wires so I don't have to with for the timer to run off and hit the remote to arm it.
(with the factory lo-jack alarm)
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Re: turbo with alarm

Originally posted by evo viii 75
(with the factory lo-jack alarm)
There is no such thing as a factory lo-jack alarm.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Alarms usually come with auto arming/auto door locking option settings. You can turn those options on, and your alarm will auto lock your car a period after the turbo timer shuts off the ignition. You should try to find out more about it in your alarm's user manual.

Edit: this apply to aftermarket alarms, I don't know how it works with the factory alarm.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 09:56 PM

usually the alarm will go on after you opened the door, but there is the point when you have the turbo timer on and you get off the car . The car actully is running and the alarm will not auto arming/auto lock because you didn't open the door when the car is shut down.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: turbo with alarm

Originally posted by Fireball

There is no such thing as a factory lo-jack alarm.
Maybe not Factory installed but dealer installed Honda of down town seattle sales them installed on their cars. I saw the sticker myself on the rear side window of a new civic they had parked on the street. They also had some small sign about it in the window.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 03:49 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm my mech installed a turbo timer on my lude so that it would lock right away with everything on the alarm armed except for the ignition kill.... which would automatically turn on after the turbo timer turned off the car..... wonder how he did that....
Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Buckkaaaa!!
hmmm my mech installed a turbo timer on my lude so that it would lock right away with everything on the alarm armed except for the ignition kill.... which would automatically turn on after the turbo timer turned off the car..... wonder how he did that....
You can rig it but there is some extra splicing you have to do. It isnt just plugging in the harness. I had to do othis myself becuase after I installe dmy timer the factory system wouldnt arm when the timer shut off.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

my car can be armed with the timer running. i had the dealer install the alarm. i don't know how it works but it does.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 09:38 AM

alarm and turbo timer

all alarms except for clifford g4 and g5, there is a yellow ignition wire 16 gauge. move that wire to the accesory,or 2nd ignition wire,which ever one the turbo timer is not hooked to.on clifford g4 g5, you have to seperate the green/blue heavy gauge ignition kill wire with a relay. if the alarm senses 12v in a ignition the alarm will not arm. seperating the ig wire fools the alarm,and you can arm your car with the turbo timer running....