Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My experience with AL today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltz.
This time I have to stick up for Al.

It seems like you had a custom tune, and you added a mod (cams) since. Then Al flew down to salt lake city to give you a retune for the cams and you were upset for having to pay 100 for a custom reflash? Do you think he flies places to tune for free?

Maybe IM misunderstanding the situaiton but it seems like your understanding of someone who is travel-tuning is way off base. 100 for a CUSTOM reflash is not a big deal.
he didnt fly down to salt lake city just for his tune, he came to salt lake, the dude schduled an appointment with Al because he happened to be in utah, so while he's there he might as well give a tune that was already paid for
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

its not really free if it's already been paid for
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Man! really sux to hear this
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 20lbsboost
the customer is ALWAYS right...some people need to learn that
No, the customer is not always right.

I agree with the situation sucking, and feel it should have been taken care of differently.

Just because you are the customer, does not mean you are right though (I'm speaking in general, not about this situation)
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

It seems like you had a custom tune, and you added a mod (cams) since. Then Al flew down to salt lake city to give you a retune for the cams and you were upset for having to pay 100 for a custom reflash? Do you think he flies places to tune for free?

Maybe IM misunderstanding the situaiton but it seems like your understanding of someone who is travel-tuning is way off base. 100 for a CUSTOM reflash is not a big deal.
I get what you are both saying, but it is manly how he comes across to people that bothers them.

Its kind of like a waitress that doesn't want to serve you, whats the point of going to a restaurant if you don't get good service?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hotshot940,

You said:

I think he needs to get things settled with current customers before moving on and starting jobs with other customers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am saying that I have seen the otherway around also, to be specific, he worked up to 3-4am in the morning at Vividracing(Phoenix, December 05) taking care of all his customers of the day which they were scheduled only until 2100 .

That includes having to stay late because of unrelated mechanical issues that he even provide support and fix. All these extra hours he worked at no extra cost.

He also worked a extreme case in Florida on a Evo 9 and spent 7-8 hours and at the end of the day he still granted the customer full refund.

Here in Tucson in April 06 he stood to a friend of mine Curtis with a very very difficult tuning and again stay up to 0100am to finish his car despite his scheduled ended at 2100.

The list can go on and on. I am not saying he sometime is late, yes I know, but I am saying you can't just generalized for one incident.

There might be a few complaints here and there but look how many Evos he tunes?, look how much crap he has to put with sometimes.

Always remember, he is giving us a service that not many other tuners do, he travels to your place and tunes your car in site. Ask the people from Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawai, etc.

Give him an break, he also has a family to take care and despites that he still gives us plenty of time for tuning.

my .2c

Carlos
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

^ yeah but that doesn't justify the others he has treated with little respect.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Also, he better put in the hours like any other business man does if he want to stay in business.

Don't act like he does us a favor when we pay him our hard earn money for his service. He runs a business and I would expect that from any business that deals directly with there customers.

He doesn't sell product, he sells service.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

^^^you make it sound like hes doing charity work, hes makin good money to do this. sure he does nice nice things, which everyone should give him props for. but he also does senseless stuff like this. he doesnt go around to different states to have fun and tune cars. hell the way Eon described it, he seemed kinda irritated about it.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Some people need to learn Latin...

Caveat Emptor
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Concur! ^
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Some people need to learn Latin...

Caveat Emptor
or you could just say it in english
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

"let the buyer beware"
thanks to wikipedia
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe IM misunderstanding the situaiton but it seems like your understanding of someone who is travel-tuning is way off base. 100 for a reflash is not a big deal.
You are misunderstanding because he was a walk on not a scheduled appointment.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:24 PM
Account Disabled

In life it is often the case that people can become so self centered that they neglect to look at the other person's situation

A few points for those who have a few moments to become informed about this huge crisis

The gentlemen who started this thread DID NOT HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY

The gentlemen who started this thread did not inform me before I started today that he was seeking a FREE update flash

Rather he stopped by at the very beginning of the flashing day and demanded that he be taken care of first - which I had no time accomidating him on as he was with his family

At that point 5 other paying customers were there but they all had to wait for me to take care of this guy who wants a FREE service

It was only after spending approximately 20 minutes carefully updating his tune and test driving his vehcile did he let me know that he was intending to save himself shipping costs by having me update his flash for FREE while I was visiting his town - great idea, but I can simply NOT accopmidate that kind of request

A few points - I do not and have never given free update flashes to anyone when I travel

NEVER

I spend between 900 - 1,100 to travel to a distant city for tuning and with a full day dedicated to get TO the location and also a day dedicated to return it is a 4 to 5 day work period

I can not run a business paying for my travel expenses and spend my time giving away free services

Rather than get upset or annoyed at this customer for taking up valuable time while other paying customers were waiting I simply told him I was sorry that he was misinformed and explained my policy to him

I explained the situation to him in a respectful manner and gave him the options I was able to offer him

I am sorry that he was either confused or misunderstood the situation about how the free reflash base updates works

Resolving a customer's request does not mean giving away free services becuse somebody expects or assumes they are entitled to them

I find it rarther humerous, yet somehow alarming that I am reading a post about someone claiming I was late to an appiointment THEY DID NOT HAVE to do something he expected me to do for free

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jun 24, 2006 at 10:42 PM.

Quick Reply: My experience with AL today