Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Salvage value of totaled EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2003, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLD STOP PMS Salvage value of totaled EVO

I finally got the info on my totaled EVO VIII (ref "My wife just rolled my two day old EVO" March), They said in order for me to "owner retain" the car I'd need to come up with $9782.07. This is what they determined the value is. This value is pruley for parts. The unibody is bent, the roof is crushed, C pillar gone, right side suspension bent, every body panel dented or crushed. This figure is for the interior, (which has been subject to rain and dirt for the last 43 days), and the driven line. I wish I could afford it. I also won't be able to find out which salvage yard wins the auction so I won't know where to tell you guys where you can get parts, sorry.
I ended up only losing $1600 on the deal thanks to all those dealer that were jacking prices. They gave me $32606 as the value of the car at the time of the wreck. I basically lost my $1000 down payment and my $500 deductable. I will ride agin soon....but NOT my wife!!
Attached Thumbnails Salvage value of totaled EVO-wreck2002_0313_193316aa.jpg  

Last edited by bishiboy; Mar 31, 2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

wow sorry to hear about that guy. That is a sad sad pic indeed, at least noone was hurt and im sure you can get your hands on an EVO soon.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

but the wing survived !!
sorry to hear that man... glad no one was hurt though.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

From that pic I still don't know how that wing is still in tact, that pic really hurts though. Sorry man...
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

So the msrp helped you? Does the insurance take a average selling price to determine the price they will pay out or what? By the way glad to see on one was hurt, but then again not glad to see an Evo look like that. I would not let anyone who did that drive it again for awhile either. Good luck with everything
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to see you got that much and are able to get you a new one. Are you getting the same color? Glad the wife is ok, and that is a wise decision, keep her in the passenger seat
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
so how was the performance of it in the accident? Did your wife get hurt bad or did the car take the beating well? Was the roof cut on that or did it fold in liek that? private msg me please
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:51 PM

glad to hear your wife is doing ok but I got the same question as Evo11V. did the roof crush in that much during the roll over or did it just take a beating at the junk yard??
Old Apr 21, 2003, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

same questions here. the roof looks more crushed than the last pictures you posted. other than that all i have to say is i am rellay sorry you had to live though all that. glad you both are still with us though
Old Apr 21, 2003, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Answer to roof question

This is what it looked like from the wreck. After talking with the investgating officer and my wife we have a good idea what happened.
She was going between 35-40mph, she came around a corner (on a rural, poorly maintained farming road, (which is what this car was designed for)), she went alittle wide and got the right side tires on the shoulder (gravel), she turned back onto the road, over-correcting due to the fast steering and got it siding in the gravel. She let off the gas, (big no-no with awd), which made it start to side. By the time it re-entered the road it was alreay in a side slide. She crossed the road, sliding sideways (right in front of an on-coming pick-up). Once the wheels hit the opposite side of the road they dug in on that shoulder (which was soft dirt/mud) and in just rolled up onto the roof. It came to a stop almost instantly. It was only 10 feet off the road. It held up great as far as occupant protection. The wing only had small scratches.
I hope I have the one-and-only totaled EVO. I will get another in a couple months. My saleman said he would get me a deal (under MSRP!!).
Old Apr 21, 2003, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

At least everything is alright...well except for your insurance premium now...
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Answer to roof question

Originally posted by bishiboy
It held up great as far as occupant protection.
Looking at the picture you posted, it is clear that you and I have different perceptions about what constitutes good occupant protection. It is obvious the Evo's roof has little or no reinforcement to prevent it from caving in.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sorry to hear what happen to your EVO.
Tnx God your wife is OK.

OH.. one more thing does this mean Only 4499 EVO u are able to see on this road this year?
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:33 AM

Dude,

Who gives a crap about the car...I'm glad to hear your wife is ok, b/c that is the only thing that matters in this case.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with above statement.....screw the material crap. Nice to know she walked away from it. On the flip side of the equation: at least you didnt get screwed financially in the deal. So now ya got two things to be thankful for! Good luck man!

Quick Reply: Salvage value of totaled EVO