Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some help icking out gauges EVO VIII

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need some help icking out gauges EVO VIII

I am about ready to make my first mod and I would like to get some gauges. I need some help.

1. which brands out there will fit the evo viii

2. I think I want a double or triple pod on the pilar

3. Which gauges are the most important ( I know I need a boost presure, but thats about it)

4. Maybe some prices and where to get the hook up.

Please don't flame me because I don't know, I have owned mostly american V8's so I never really added any gauges. Any opinions would help, I would really like to get some good ones, no crappy ones please. I think I need to know what is going on with the car, so that is why I want the gauges first.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Need some help icking out gauges EVO VIII

Originally posted by Sano
I am about ready to make my first mod and I would like to get some gauges. I need some help.

1. which brands out there will fit the evo viii

2. I think I want a double or triple pod on the pilar

3. Which gauges are the most important ( I know I need a boost presure, but thats about it)

4. Maybe some prices and where to get the hook up.

Please don't flame me because I don't know, I have owned mostly american V8's so I never really added any gauges. Any opinions would help, I would really like to get some good ones, no crappy ones please. I think I need to know what is going on with the car, so that is why I want the gauges first.
I lot of people like the HKS gauges ... but Blitz and Greddy also make fine gauges. As far as fit, you just need to find a spot to mount ... as they are not a custom to fit yo any specific vehicle. The most important gauges are Boost Pressure and Air/Fuel. Contact your local speed shop and they can help you further ... and with install if needed.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 09:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I swear I saw once and would like a Carbon Fiber A-Pillar guage pod. Perferrably 2 guages would be good enough for me.

If someone's seen one, let me know.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

I do not have any local speed shops, and the 2 shops that are within an hour of me are ran by children and suck. That is why I need the help
Old Apr 22, 2003, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

I like Defi electronic gauges
Old Apr 23, 2003, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know what greddy gauges will fit the evo. If I called them to order, could I just ask them which ones and what sizes, or would they know.

Does anyone know what size and which gauges I should order first. I am getting a turbo pressure gauge for sure. Also does greddy have a pilar gauge pod that would work
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

greddy gauges are very nice - they come in various sizes, but the 60mm are great (big as hell and very readable) they run from ~80 for the mechanical boost gauge to 180+ for the peak/hold/warning gauges that can reply 30seconds of movement, and can be setup with a warning limit. you would most likely mount them somewhere besides the A-pillar cuz a pillar is for smaller gauges.

autometer gauges are very good as well, arent as flashy with less features but work just as well. also have big and small sizes in american standard inches. . check greddy.com and look up autometer's website on yahoo or google. hope this helps
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

screw all that, just get a blitz double turbo timer dc 2. it does 2 jobs, it does all the work of a turbo timer AND it has a digital boost guage built in
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Sano
Does anyone know what greddy gauges will fit the evo. If I called them to order, could I just ask them which ones and what sizes, or would they know.

Does anyone know what size and which gauges I should order first. I am getting a turbo pressure gauge for sure. Also does greddy have a pilar gauge pod that would work
Whether or not the gauges will fit may depend on the install location. If you do get a gauge pod of some sort, they are made to fit a specific gauge size. However, I've seen those on this forum that have installed the gauges directly on the steering column. I don't think you need a pod for that, but I'm not too sure about that. See the following link...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=20677

By the way, I've used autometer gauges and have had no problems.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

to be honest, unless your gonna upgrade your car in the future or you drive it hard now - being stock there really isnt a need for gauges. but i understand you, cuz i want some too even though my car is stock - the best gaues to get would probably be Boost and Oil pressure. greddys special edition silver Peak/warning/hold gauges are beauuuutiful.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

heres pics and greddy's site http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics_frame.htm
autometer is a very smart alternative. ive had autometer and im looking for more "flashy" hightech gauges now, thats the only reason im considering gauges. for simplicity and reliability/accuracy autometer is tops.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

I will be building up my car, this is just my first step. I am 22 with an evo, not alot of spare cash floating around. I am using the credit card to fix up my car, mostly because it is not real money!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

... wont even read what i said

Last edited by RaX; Apr 25, 2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I went the way (the evo wins went and ordered a Blitz DCII turbo timer it does bost as well as a turbo timer and can record laptimes, and 0-60
Old Apr 25, 2003, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by the evo wins
... wont even read what i said
It's quite possible they read it and just don't want to do that. It's not like you can expect a response to everything said on these boards.

Last edited by RaX; Apr 25, 2003 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Need some help icking out gauges EVO VIII