Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Transmission Rebuild: Who?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kee1pride
Thats pretty intresting how you and I had the exact opposite experience with the two of these guys.

Shep ignored my calls, my voicemails and a goood 95% of my emails and the ones he did answer were vauge, rude and unhelpful.

TRE called me back instantly and won my business that way.

Life is funny like that I suppose.
You know, I was going to add a note that one person's experience is in no way a trend, and that he should definitely talk to as many people as possible, but it was late and I was tired of typing.

I'm glad you had a good experience with TRE, but sorry to hear Shep was anything less than stellar. Life certainly is funny like that.

Anyway, good luck to Mike and good night to everyone else.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Go with shep, atleast that is who i'm going with when my tranny takes a ****. From all the reviews I have read, shep has much quicker turn around, and also has better customer service. But in terms of quality work I think they are very similar.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

TRE! Jon builds one of the best trans in the world. If you saw how much time goes into each trans the choice is pretty easy.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kee1pride
Thats pretty intresting how you and I had the exact opposite experience with the two of these guys.

Shep ignored my calls, my voicemails and a goood 95% of my emails and the ones he did answer were vauge, rude and unhelpful.

TRE called me back instantly and won my business that way.

Life is funny like that I suppose.
Originally Posted by jbrown
You know, I was going to add a note that one person's experience is in no way a trend, and that he should definitely talk to as many people as possible, but it was late and I was tired of typing.

I'm glad you had a good experience with TRE, but sorry to hear Shep was anything less than stellar. Life certainly is funny like that.

Anyway, good luck to Mike and good night to everyone else.
Funny, As a customer I had a similar experience with Shep... short, slow response, and border line rude. Emailed TRE and Jon was more than helpful, and quick to answer even the simplest of questions. TRE got my business based off my first impression of Shep's demeanor.

However, like everyone here, we are all human, and service sometimes wanes with human problems. Both companies seem to have many, many satisfied customers.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
when you do get him on the phone he will talk your ear off about his extensive knowledge of transmissions, and answer all your questions in detail.
haha ain't that the truth. By time Jon finishes one sentance I forget the specifics of what he was talking about at the beginning

Jon is very knowledgeable, and has been very easy to get ahold of for me. Shep wasn't bad to get ahold of either, but one of the deciding factors (since both were so close in the running) was TRE's easy shipping method. I spent 2 weeks in my spare time (I work 70 hrs/week recently) looking for packaging for the tranny and t-case to send to shep. Now my TRE shipping boxes are on their way from TRE to my apartment. When the boxes come in, the tranny and transfer case get loaded up and FedEx picks them up at my door the next morning. Easy like sunday morning.