Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BUSCHUR FMIC EVO IX problems... need help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BUSCHUR FMIC EVO IX problems... need help

I had a rough time even installing the intercooler tonight much less anything else because the mounting brackets didnt match up correctly... i had to stop just after finally getting the intercooler to mount up because the pipe from the bottom of the turbo to the intercooler is off by almost a whole pipe width, and is about 2 inches too long from mating up correctly.

Questions:

1. Is there a different lower ICP for the IX then the VIII ?

2. The nipple that was on the old LICP piece that buschur took off i was originally running to my boost controller so now... am i suppose to run the line from the wastegate to the boost controller then T it into the line with the BOV ? thats what i think im suppose to do but i want to make sure.

Any help anyone has is greatly appreciated... im going to call buschur in the morning but i would like to know something tonight if possible... thanks
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW, my AMS LICP (on stock intercooler) had issues with the increased boost after my tune. I couldn't get it to stay on, and it literally blew off 3 times. Running stock now. Not sure if the Buschur LICP has some of the same issues on the IX or what?

Free bump....
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no, its because the intercooler on the hotside has its pipe go straight back... great idea, but the pipe that was sent to me from the guy i bought it from doesnt fit right... BY NO WAY IS THIS BUSCHUR'S FAULT... i think the guy lied to me when he said he called buschur and verified it would fit the same as the viii... i'll find that out tomorrow... either way, there is always a fix, just sucks it has to be so difficult
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
1. Is there a different lower ICP for the IX then the VIII ?
Yes, the IXs have a different turbo-outlet piece...I purchased the Injen LICP meant for the VIIIs and had to have a welder attach an extended piece to the part that connects to the intercooler end tank to make it reach and fit well.
Originally Posted by LGKAOS in another thread:
Just a heads up to other IX owners; the Injen LICP does NOT fit the IXs due to the different turbo-outlet pipe. It CAN fit, but it'll BARELY fit right and eventually cause the thing to blow off.

After having it blow off twice, I took it to the local PeakBoost (former;now have there own shop) welder guys and had them weld on an extension piece on the Injen pipe. With that done, the Injen pipe now literally touches the turbo-outlet and the intercooler endtank piece. Also used T-bolt clamps for added insurance. No probs since.

Last edited by Lgkaos; Jun 30, 2006 at 05:58 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:39 PM

I have a hpf licp ;i am goin to install my buschur ic tomorrow.I let you know how it goes.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lgkaos
Yes, the IXs have a different turbo-outlet piece...I purchased the Injen LICP meant for the VIIIs and had to have a welder attach an extended piece to the part that connects to the intercooler end tank to make it reach and fit well.
Leo,

Why did you risk on buying a Evo 8 LICP when you know that the Evo 9 turbo outlet is already different? Buschur just released a LICP for the Evo 9. If you aren't happy with the Injen you can always get the Buschur.

By the way, do I get to see you next weeken in Phoenix for the Evo/STI meet?
Take care Leo.

Carlos
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:28 PM

No problems at all. Everything fits just right
Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Leo,

Why did you risk on buying a Evo 8 LICP when you know that the Evo 9 turbo outlet is already different? Buschur just released a LICP for the Evo 9. If you aren't happy with the Injen you can always get the Buschur.

By the way, do I get to see you next weeken in Phoenix for the Evo/STI meet?
Take care Leo.

Carlos
It completely left my mind at the time I bought it, the Injen pipe was refabricated and fits great now.

Yea, can't wait to see the new goodies Socorro and you have done to the Evos. You taking both of them or just the IX?