Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My evo was stolen today - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn im in daygo but i will still be on the look out.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry bro. I'll keep a look out in the Bay Area.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

I have no enemies, so if it was an inside job it had to have been someone with absolutely no heart who I know. I dont think I know anyone like that.

I think an alarm would have helped just because my key was somewhat hidden (in the center console).. They would need the key to turn off the alarm, and they had NO IDEA the key was there until they probably found it. So chances are they would have took off.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jemjow
can anyone inform us how evos get stolen? they have immobilizers. Unless they have a tow truck or sumthing.

in this case, the probably saw him put his "things" away. (key, wallet, whatever)

stealing an evo is easy. regardless of the immobilizer, 2 wires, done.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
in this case, the probably saw him put his "things" away. (key, wallet, whatever)

he said window was broken into. if i was a thief and while fumbling through the glove compartment happened to find a set of keys to the ignition hell might as well take the car too since getting caught for breaking/entering/theft is already a felony. he was just a lucky thief.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:56 AM

Sorry dude but your MR is probably south of the border by now
Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:31 AM
Evolving Member

just one word... L O J A CK
Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
What??????? If this information is common knowledge I want to know so I can rewire mine somehow. I guess a hidden fuel-pump switch never hurts either, and they are very very easy to put in.

To the OP, that friggin blows hardcore! I hate thieves. In TX you are legally allowed to blast people if they are stealing your property in hours of darkness. I think they should expand that law to say "or in hours of lightness" and expand that to the rest of the country!
Old Jun 30, 2006, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Not to say be it was kinda of stupid leaving the key in the car your fault.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:04 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry for the loss. but to all those guys reading this with no alarm in their evo because the only alarm that is decent enough costs $550 minimum, you have an alternative if you have the capacity of installing one. I found this:

http://www.autoalarmpro.com/

It will give you instructions on how to install it. buyer beware though, if you do not have the knowledge in installing stuff like this don't try it.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about ur car man. I cant imagine how it would feel. I had some a-hole key my car a few days ago and I felt violated. Karma is a bit*h. Whoever took it will get what they have coming to them.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Been there done that....it's no fun. Good luck with everything.........

From my experience in having this happen to me twice.....my only advice is to have patience......cause you will be forced to wait for a long time.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Sucks alot man. Try to get lo-jack installed on your next ride ( regardless of what it is if you have payments).

In this situation an alarm or immobalizer would have done nothing but bought time. Lo-Jack would have recovered it and if not given you back the money you paid for lo-jack.

I have a pretty decent alarm, but know so many people around my area who can bypass better alarms in a matter of seconds. Its not too hard to disable Evo's immobalizer, and even worse its not to hard to strip them.

I hope you recover this but I really hope you get settled with a new one, and something you want.

Best of luck!
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
I would sure like a new MR, but sadly I dont think thats in the cards. Im pretty sure Allstate will only give me low blue book for the car which off the top of my head I guess is around 25-28k (car has 13,000 miles). Still owe $15,000 on the MR that was stolen, so that leaves me with a sad 10-13k for a new car... Hello used honda civic
What am i missing? You have a loan for the stolen car. Put down the 10-13k on another MR and take out the rest in another loan.

Sorry for your loss, though.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SP00LIN
One thing you have going for you is that it was an Evo - they are a limited production, high performance car. The insurance company uses "market value" when determining the actual cash value of your car. They never use Blue Book values. Normally they will look in your area for other 05 MR's being sold with similar options and miles and base your car's value off of that. Because there just aren't many Evo's for sale, they may need to expand their search. Ultimately if you tell them there weren't many miles, their end value will probably be close to what you paid. This means you still might be able to get another Evo if you can find one for a good price.

Good luck!

Oh, and you may have to wait 30 days before you see a check (minus your deductible of course). They'll want to see if it's recovered before sending you the money.
I think what you are saying is right my friends 04 STI got stolen back in 05 and he lost like 3g's that is it. So I would expect the same with the EVO MR.