Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My evo was stolen today - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya that does suck but don't mention the part where you left your keys in the center console *semi-hidden to your insurance company. pretty sure they'll void your claim based on that...it really does blow a nut tho
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Don't tell the insurance company you left the keys in the car!!! Play dumb and act like you have no idea how they drove off with the car.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by 4ce fed
What am i missing? You have a loan for the stolen car. Put down the 10-13k on another MR and take out the rest in another loan.

Sorry for your loss, though.
My thoughts exactly! Should work out just fine!!!
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

I never thought something like that would happen near the American River.

I been there before, my friend just sold his house in Rancho Cordova.

If you have $13,000 to $15,000 positive equity, you should be able to get a IX.

Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I will try to get a 9, hopefully insurance doesn't mess me too badly :\
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully you have gap insurance or good insurance company.

Just show them the Kelly Blue Book, Evos are holding thier value really well.

Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
in this case, the probably saw him put his "things" away. (key, wallet, whatever)

stealing an evo is easy. regardless of the immobilizer, 2 wires, done.
And you know this how????

J/K!

Hell, I didn't even know that and I install alarms. How many of you knew this about Evo's?? Seems to me only someone that works for a dealer or knows someone at a dealer would know this.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spec'd
I never thought something like that would happen near the American River.

I been there before, my friend just sold his house in Rancho Cordova.

If you have $13,000 to $15,000 positive equity, you should be able to get a IX.

damn 13-15? Thats not even enough to put a down payment on a crappy condo down here hahaha.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry for your loss...but "...a second before he found the key..."

WHAT?!?! Rafting or not you don't put your keys in the car, you should have put a neon sign that said steal me instead :-? I would have rather swallowed my key and **** it out later then leave it in the cup holder.

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Yes everyone you NEED to get an alarm installed.

A lot of people think they dont help, but in this scenario it really would have. Im sure what happened was the theif broke my window in, and then just stood next to the car like it was his. As soon as people were out of site he went in and drove off. An alarm would have at least made noise, and attracted people's attention toward the car for a second before he found the key. He might have just run off if it had an alarm.

Again, another lesson learned
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

My guess: definately local. They know about the river and that people often leave a car, they know that keys are left inside. Won't go far.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Keys dont get ruined by water... why didnt you bring it with you and leave the clicker in the car... I feel for you dude but you kinda made a bonehead move there.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

I would sure like a new MR, but sadly I dont think thats in the cards. Im pretty sure Allstate will only give me low blue book for the car which off the top of my head I guess is around 25-28k (car has 13,000 miles). Still owe $15,000 on the MR that was stolen, so that leaves me with a sad 10-13k for a new car... Hello used honda civic
Does gap insurance cover this or do you have to have special theft insurance for that?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Listen guys,

I realize leaving keys inside the car was a stupid move. But I just F*ING lost a very expensive car that I loved a lot, I dont need you to rub it in any more. Just asking for everyone to keep an eye out online for parts coming from the Sacramento area.

I realize keys dont get wet but they DO sink. I was in and out of the water so its very possible a key could have slipped out of my tiny pocket on my swim suit. I also parked in a place that I didn't consider very dangerous (clearly, I was wrong). I kinda had no other option but to lock the key in the car and hide the electronic part. I did not make the keys visible, my big mistake was I didn't hide them at all.

edit: called my insurance company, long story short - no gap insurance doesn't help me here because I only owed $15,000 on the car.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that man, I hope they find your car. I know most EVO owners dont want their cars driven by some duchebag that just want to take it for a joyride. That sucks. You think Mitsubishi would offer standard some kind of theft prevention other than the immobilizer and LOJACK. They know its the second most stolen car and they dont do anything to prevent this.

That would be awesome to have GPS standard. Track the car through the PC. Get to where the car is and have all your buddies beat the living **** out of them when they dont expect it, lol. Get your car back call the PoPo and tell them you found it abandoned on a street. Thiefs cant report the beating, hehe

Last edited by gomezgoku; Jun 30, 2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Unhappy

Listen guys,

I realize leaving keys inside the car was a stupid move. But I just F*ING lost a very expensive car that I loved a lot, I dont need you to rub it in any more. Just asking for everyone to keep an eye out online for parts coming from the Sacramento area.

I realize keys dont get wet but they DO sink. I was in and out of the water so its very possible a key could have slipped out of my tiny pocket on my swim suit. I also parked in a place that I didn't consider very dangerous (clearly, I was wrong). I kinda had no other option but to lock the key in the car and hide the electronic part. I did not make the keys visible, my big mistake was I didn't hide them at all.

edit: called my insurance company, long story short - no gap insurance doesn't help me here because I only owed $15,000 on the car.
I guess it sux to be you right now.