Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My evo was stolen today - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NorCal Evo is a good forum to post this, if you haven't done so already.

Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrSmile
For those who think lojack is a good idea... The vast majority of thefts around here (NYC area) are gang joyrides. The LAST thing you want after those kids are done with your car is get it back. The theft deterrent/prevention device you get should focus on stopping the vehicle from being driven away in the first place.
Thats true, when my bro's 94 Eclipse GSX was stolen from our driveway, they took it out for a joyride and beat on the car till the motor melted 2 pistons. They also stole about $1500 worth of "stuff" that we had in the trunk, and when the car was found it was already trash.....

We knew who was responsible for the theft and heard that the kid who stole our car got killed a few months later in a car accident. So believe me what goes around does come around, for some it comes around sooner than expected.

Once we found out the guy who stole our car got killed we were like good, one less car theif on the streets.

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Jun 30, 2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:58 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

also, asking how someone stole the car is retarded

1. why give crooks more info?
2. tow truck over immobilizer key
3. anything can be stolen

matt
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
I would sure like a new MR, but sadly I dont think thats in the cards. Im pretty sure Allstate will only give me low blue book for the car which off the top of my head I guess is around 25-28k (car has 13,000 miles). Still owe $15,000 on the MR that was stolen, so that leaves me with a sad 10-13k for a new car... Hello used honda civic
Man so sorry to hear about your Evo. My buddy works for Allstate and I am not sure how your policy is but they have a type of coverage that if your car gets totalled or stolen they will give you enough to buy a new car if it's less than 3 years old instead of just bluebook value. Sounds like if you have it you might be lucky in that aspect.
Best of luck to you I hope you get your Evo back and those who stole it get what the deserve.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Man so sorry to hear about your Evo. My buddy works for Allstate and I am not sure how your policy is but they have a type of coverage that if your car gets totalled or stolen they will give you enough to buy a new car if it's less than 3 years old instead of just bluebook value. Sounds like if you have it you might be lucky in that aspect.
Best of luck to you I hope you get your Evo back and those who stole it get what the deserve.
Thanks man, I'm looking into it. I drove around town for a few hours tonight looking for my car to be parked somewhere, but no luck. It was a long shot I know.. but I miss that damn car
Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Listen guys,

I realize leaving keys inside the car was a stupid move. But I just F*ING lost a very expensive car that I loved a lot, I dont need you to rub it in any more. Just asking for everyone to keep an eye out online for parts coming from the Sacramento area.

I realize keys dont get wet but they DO sink. I was in and out of the water so its very possible a key could have slipped out of my tiny pocket on my swim suit. I also parked in a place that I didn't consider very dangerous (clearly, I was wrong). I kinda had no other option but to lock the key in the car and hide the electronic part. I did not make the keys visible, my big mistake was I didn't hide them at all.

edit: called my insurance company, long story short - no gap insurance doesn't help me here because I only owed $15,000 on the car.
Well I hope you at least got laid while this happened.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mark@AMS
I am sorry but don't some of you guys read what people post?

He left his keys in the center column (asking if it has a immobilzer? what read the thread again?)

He was down river.. (a alarm woulda helped how?) Even if he did have a alarm im sure they woulda had plenty of time to disable before anybody noticed or played it off as a dead battery or something especially with keys in hand.

I am sorry this happened.. however you ever happen to wonder if possible was a inside job? somebody you knew?
A good high-quality alarm will disable the ignition, the noise is only to let you know if you're in earshot...slowing down a thief is the best you can do, they won't want to spend time dealing with a car that won't start with the key.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy ****, I've had my car stolen before, and I know the feeling. It's such a deep gut wrenching I want to kill someone feel man. go to www.running-free.org and post on there. It's a sac area site. I will be keeping an eye out for you. Sorry to hear about it. I'm in the sac area some nights, and now worry about it because of stuff like this.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

bro, so sorry to hear that. i hope they catch the ****ers.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 09:40 AM

I know how hot (stolen) the evo is. But I know that this doesn't help, but when I go out, I park it under a security camera. I had my old car stolen and we were able to find the young punks that stole it. FYI PARK IT WHERE PEOPLE CAN WATCH IT. I have been there before, I don't want to be there again, espically with my evo! I LOVE IT MAN!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoone
just one word... L O J A CK
not quite
Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

anyways, sorry to hear that...all this time I have only see 1 graphite gray around Richmond Area (510) and it was in my rear view mirror. Yes its tinted. I know thats not much help but if that gives you any clues then thats good...I'll keep on the look out since for some reason i remember how many evoIX i see around my area.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

there are only 2 ways to steal an evo, flatbed or with a key.......... sounds to me like they smashed the window to guide the car up the flatbed...

TJ